1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good News: Pressure increasing on Israeli Policies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Dec 11, 2013.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

I find it odd how ignorant and utterly irrational most people are to what is really happening over there.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

The real truth about this situation is that if the Palestinians laid down there arms today, there would be immediate peace shortly followed by the formation of a Palestinian state. If Israel laid down there arms today, they would be driven into the Mediterranean Sea.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Wow, talk about only seeing the world in black and white.
    Think logically here instead of like a naive fool. Even if you believe the Palestinians and the surrounding Middle Eastern nations are pure evil and worship Sauron, you would still be an idiot to believe that they would go on an extermination of the Jews if Israel suddenly dropped all defensive capabilities. It's called self preservation.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I seriously don't think that you have a clue about what's going on in Israel. Not to sound condescending, but apartheid? Segregation?

Here is a view of the reality in Gaza:

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2013/...ories-your-government-doesnt-want-you-to-see/

Usually those who use the term apartheid against Israel, are liberal lefties, & do so in the hope that the folks reading or hearing it are ignorant of the true facts. In apartheid South Africa & the segregated South , for example blacks were not allowed to use white hospitals or white toilets, they could not attend white universities or schools and they could not participate in the South African parliament.

Visit any Israeli Hospital today, or any other health facility in Israel, and see Jewish and Arab doctors caring for both Jewish and Arab patients. Also there are Arabs in the Knesset, Arab judges & Arab professors.

Is this apartheid or segregation?

Go see for yourself at Israeli Universities or any institution of higher learning as Jewish and Arab professors teach students of different backgrounds. Go to the Knesset, and observe the debates involving both Jewish and Arab parliamentarians.

Is this segregation & apartheid?

The Palestinian-Israeli conflict is very different from the situation that once existed in South Africa, & the Southern States. Israel is seeking to create a two-state solution as a resolution to the conflict between two peoples.

In South Africa, the white minority sought to dominate the black majority. In the Segregated South Whites looked to dominate, exploit & dehumanise the Blacks through slavery, torture & oppression. In Israel, the Jewish Majority is seeking a separation from the Palestinians via the two state solution.

The Israelites are willing to give in order to live in peace, the Palestinian agenda and mandate is to annihilate the Jewish state, that if you look back through history, a majority of it was legally purchased at very inflated prices from Arab land owners.

Arabs in Israel have full civil rights — unlike the black majority in apartheid South Africa or the Southern states before Civil Rights movement— They have the right to vote, study and participate in society; a far cry form South Africa, or the Dirty South.

Is this Segregation & apartheid?

#64 IzakDavid13, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

These are some of the quotes from the Six day war...nothing has changed. The Quran and Hadith give commands that include not taking Jews or Christians as friends, kill all Jews and Christians and the destruction of any Jewish state...in fact according to Bukhari (Volume 4, Book 52, Number 288)
    The Prophet on his death-bed, gave three orders one of them was to Expel the pagans from the Arabian Peninsula, another was to kill all the Jews.

Anyway, as I said, not much has changed in the way of rhetoric since Mohummad's day, the 6 day war or The Palestinian uprising ...unfortunately, I don't believe it ever will, at least not in our lifetimes.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, they hate, hate, hate Israel and Jews, and leftists like glynch are their ally in this.

If they could, they would murder every Jew in Israel immediately.

Fortunately, Israel totally kicked their asses in 1967.

1 person likes this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Member

You hit the nail on the head!!!!

8. cml750

cml750 Member

You are right on all accords!!!!:)

9. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

All true.

people use the word apartheid to often, without knowing the true meaning of the it.

apartheid is happening in Saudi Arabia towards minorities who are not Muslims and towards women's who cannot drive, go out alone and be free.

why aren't liberals condemning this?

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Saudi Arabia is the worst country on the face of the planet. Not even muslims like it, and you see liberals criticizing it all the time so you probably just ignore it.

Israeli apartheid is pretty bad too. Don't even try to tell me that Palest. people are treated like dirt and sub-human beings.

11. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

Saudi Arabia is in close contest with north Korea.

Israel isn't and will never be an apartheid state.
    please come some day and visit Israel and see it for yourself.

Go to hospitals, universities, Knesset, every city and see the truth.

than you can try to go and visit Israels Neighbours and compare.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Saudi Arabia funds like 99 % of Islamic literature on the planet. Think about that for a second. That is as if Hitler had funded 99 % of the world's scientific research on human races.

Threads started by glynch to demonize Israel: 293523915236326
    Threads started by glynch to criticize Saudi Arabia: 0

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with your post, all the Israelis that I have met are super nice. Its a small group in power that push discrimination de facto and please don't deny that. Part of the problem is also the mentality of Palest. people. I get angry with my friends when they perpetuate the victim card, its time to take responsibility also. That goes to say, don't act like Israel is vindicated, its policies play a big part in the problem.

Totally irrelevant and terrible analogy. From someone that actually had to live there you would know that its not about "Muslims" or even "Arabs." There is a hierarchy to where they treat non-arab people with disrespect but they also treat other arabs that are non-saudi with a condescending attitude. I'm sorry that wikipedia couldn't tell you that. Mecca is treated as an Islamic center but thats as far as it goes.

idgaf about Glynch, again, you brought up one person while I said liberals. If you want to go down that road the same could be said about you to generalize, which would also be fundamentally flawed. You can't use Glynch as a metric to compare anyone that criticizes Israel, hell, you can't even use the word "leftist" like you normally do when ever someone calls out their policies.

14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well I don't think you know what is going on. Just being Jewish or living there or having visited a time or two does not necessarily make one know (or want to know) what is going on. Similarly many whites lived in or visited South Africa or the segregated Southern US and did not know or realize the evil of the system.

An interesting new book has come out regarding the restricted indoctrination of Israeli public education. Of course, as widely commented on the range of the commonly allowed discourse wrt to Israel in the US (w.o being called a self hating Jew or an anti-semite) is even more restricted.
    A comment re the book:

Nurit Peled-Elhanan, a long time peace activist and an academic, has just got her book "Palestine in Israeli School Books: Ideology and Propaganda in Education" published by I.B. Tauris. Part of the publisher's description of the book: "She analyzes the presentation of images, maps, layouts and use of language in History, Geography and Civic Studies textbooks, and reveals how the books might be seen to marginalize Palestinians, legitimize Israeli military action and reinforce Jewish-Israeli territorial identity.

This conclusion isn't exactly news. Each one of us who has been through the Israeli educational system has experienced this. But for someone like me, whose indoctrination had taken place in the mid-fifties and the 60's, it's of great interest to see what has happened later on. I haven't read the book yet, but my strong impression is that for the most part things have gotten much worse.

I'd also like to note the irony of this, in light of the constant complaint that it's the Palestinian educational system that's based on entrenched racism, which is the cause for the alleged deep hatred Palestinians harbor towards anything and everything Jewish
    http://jewishpeacenews.blogspot.com/2011/08/nurit-peled-elhanans-new-book-exposing.html

15. glynch

Hysterical and heart felt possibly, but, nevertheless, lol :) says the German whose grandparents aided or stayed silent during the Holocaust

As an aside, I am going out with some Jewish friends for dinner tonight and don't hate Israel/Palestine. I am looking forward to a democratic state that doesn't discriminate on the basis of religion or ethnicity and I think it will happen fairly soon as this type of rank injustice will not hold much longer in the modern information age.

Even on this bbs I see progress as the Zionists can no longer get by with just claims of anti-semitism or let's just be polite and shut up because we are going to get so upset.

The tide is turning in the US and once the boycott/divest movement gets stronger things will start to change in Israel.

The Afrikaners and Southern Whites have largely come around and so will the Jewish population in Israel.

16. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

A quote from you link:

Israeli textbooks portray Palestinians as 'terrorists, refugees, and primitive farmers.

you do understand that those were the facts right?
    Let's protest the 1948 as educated cultured civilized mans, because it fits liberals agenda.

most of them were uneducated simple land workers who worked in agriculture.
    allmost all of the land was a a desert and a swamp infested with disease.

it's like trying to rewrite history about how educated and advanced the aburigines and Nate of Americans were from the beginning.

no history or any officia Israel educational book justify killing arabs or harting them in any way.
    but when you read Palestinian books, than its ok to do that to Jews and Israelis.
    when Hamas will change their amandment about Israel, and teach the gazan kids abou peace and compation instead of how good is to kill Israelis and Jews, than I will start thinking diffrentley about them.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You know nothing about my grandparents.

"I have a black friend..."

18. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

Israel tried to change like you say. it left gaza strip, and destroyed every jewish house there. Israel got rockets filed with iron bullets for extra damage in order to kill as many innocent civilians in return.

Israel was trying to make peace with the Palestinians in the Oslo aggremant, and got dosens of sucide bombers on the buses, malls and restaurants.

Israel gave Palestinian police weapons to keep order as part of the aggremant and it was turned later agains her.

Israel desided to bild a wall to protect itselff from those sucide bombers, and it worked, no more sucide bombers since the wall has been constructed.

but liberals condemn Israel because of it.

19. glynch

20. glynch

In itself it doesn't show much but after the hysterics of I want to kill, kill, kill Jews (I forget was their another "kill", a more serious response seemed silly.