1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good News: Pressure increasing on Israeli Policies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

http://www.thenation.com/blog/17749...iations-israel-boycott-mean-academic-freedom#

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middl...ettlements-building-20131210132517711422.html

The progress is incredibly slow, but the direction is absolutely clear now IMO. My only concern is that when things seem to be going well is usually when violent leaders on both sides of the conflict decide to manufacture some conflict which promotes the artificial need to prolong the life of the existing policies.

As a side note, it's incredible how little exposure the first article has gotten in online US media considering the amount of attention other related stories of tiny magnitude tend to generate.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Folks who want a peaceful settlement to the Israeli Palestinian issue should encourage boycott and divestiture of Israel.

It was very helpful with South Africa in the 1980's and it could help in the similar situation in Israel/Palestine.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm actually more encouraged by this deal which was negiotated between the three countries without an American being a mediator and finally deals with the water problems.

I'm growing skeptical of a two-state solution. I don't think the situation will change, at least in our lifetime.

4. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

stop this lies.
    thers no apartheid in Israel, and the situation isn't similar.

it's all well made propoganda!!!
    just search for pallywood and enjoy.

It's unbelivable how reasonable people belive this and don't check facts.

wath this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX6vyT8RzMo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 person likes this.
  5. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

[​IMG]

some of their best work

:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

and another 1

[​IMG]

just look at the poor dead mother :mad:

people just need to check for facts!

1 person likes this.
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Kingdragon, are you being paid by the Isreaeli government to spread this stuff?

I see that they pay a lot of folks to be on message boards to spread their propaganda.

Israeli students to get $2000 to spread state propaganda on Facebook
    electronicintifada.net › Blogs › Ali Abunimah's blog‎
    Jan 4, 2012 - Israel's national students union has launched a program to pay Israeli ... Help us reach our goal and you'll help change the way the world sees Palestine. ... sites and are required to write and express themselves in English.”.

7. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lmao i know israel is an "ally" but the modern day apartheid **** they pull off is pretty ****ing disgusting

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Fact check. Israel is currently in illegal occupation of territory that doesn't belong to them.

9. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

it's funny that when someone dosent write Arab propaganda stuff about Israel, he's getting paid.maybe it's time to stop the hypocrisy.

I wished I would get paid, especially as a student.
    bu Israel isn't saudy Arabia and dosent have the monney to pay for propaganda bull****.

I just writing the facts, looke at the pictured and the video
    I posted.

The all occupation stuff is bull****.

occupation is what turkey is doing in cyprus by force. taking half the country and splitting it by force.
    Israel without the 1967 will be under daily sucide and rockets attracts.
    the 1967 borders are because the entire Arabs counries were on the borders in aim of annihaliting Israel. what do you think the u.s would have done?

I'll jus repost what I already wrote for you.

when dosens of sucide bombers, blow themselves on you in your cities you need to take porcations when they cross border to work in your country.

I hope that you, unlike others know that gaza has a border with an Arab country also, egyept.
    they cant cross the border to egyept, also whenever they want, and you have to wonder why.

Ismail haniya, the leader of hamas grandmother is hospitalized in Israel, altogh he declers the destruction of israel, and not acknowledge it.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...455190,00.html

Israel provide gazan with electricity and work.
    Israel left gaza and destroyed every Jewish house in the area, Israel got rockets fired at her cities in return.

im from Israel where 20% of the population are Muslims.
    at the university I study, 30% are Muslims who often gets more benefits, easier for them to become students(accepted with lower grade) because of govermant policy(Affirmative Action). Most of them are great students and friends who later Integrate into society perfectly. almost half of my professors are Muslims.

some of them use the fact that Israel is a democracy, and demonstrate agains the country, with anti Israel speeches(they are very small and loud).

they live where they want, study where they want, get unemployment and even serve in the army if they want to Volunteer.
    they have Representatives in the legislature.

in every job that I had 4/10 were Muslims, including my bosses. they always got respect and treated just like everyone else.

I wish that this was the situation of jews, who were Persecuted and lost property by Arabs countries. just check how many Jews lived in Arab countries and how much now.

Muslims have freedom of realigion in Israel, alot of Mosques
    in every Arab city+ in the Jewish ones. Jews can not come close to Mecca or the Dome of the Rock( Israel gave the controll to the Muslims).

Jews can't get visa and enter Saudi Arabia, simply for being Jews.
    ther are almost no Synagogues left after being destroyed, in 22 Muslims countries. in Israel as I mantioned before there are many mosques.

I wish that Jews will get the same treatment in Arab countries as Israel's Muslim citizens get in Israel.

until 1967 there where no phalis.
    it was the Russian k.g.b
    that desided to calle the Arabs who were in Israel palis, just to turn the world opinion toward them, after Israel defeated 6 Arabs countries in a 6 day war(1967).

the Roman emperor Hadrian expelled the Jews from the land and called it, Syria palaestina( the wright name).

this land was under ottoman(Turkish) and British rule, until Israel was formed.

it was never under Palestinian leadership.

name the Palestinian leaders of this land before Israel was formed.

Arabs countries got 97% of the land that was under france and Britain rule. They still desided to anhilate Israel only 1 day after the independence.
    they lost, and Israel won more territory in a war it didn't started.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Glad you agree, Israel is illegally occupying territory that isn't theirs.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The usual Israel-haters are coming out.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

These are the cats who ran over some white girl with a tank, right?

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Wrong, but cool story Bro...

Anyway, the Native Americans say 'Hi.'

[​IMG]

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Sorry, crushed some white girl with a bulldozer.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

As do the aborigines?

17. IzakDavid13

Sorry, using logic & truth isn't welcomed in a 'debate' regarding Israel.

1 person likes this.
  18. Apps

Apps Member

Typical ****-flinging from BOTH sides. Palestine supporters come in with their hyperbole, Israeli supporters come in with their complete denial of any Israeli wrong-doings.

Both Israel and Palestine are composed of decent and terrible people, but the only characteristic that seems to define the keyboard warriors supporting either side is pure and utter delusion.

19. IzakDavid13

No argument from me on that mate, but we're here now and doing our best to co-exist, get along and grow together, but how can Israel and 'Palestine' expect to co-exist, get along & grow when one side is hell bent on the complete destruction and annihilation of the other?

20. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

wait, so you're saying people fighting for more native rights in America, and people who condemn Israel for treatment of occupied people probably have the same beliefs?

i didn't think so. woah.