1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Georgia senate runoff Jan. 5, vote vote vote

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by what, Nov 13, 2020.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Plus Perdue is from GA political royalty. Racist Barbie was unknown until she bought her appointment.

Nook and rockbox like this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Ossoff has a slight Buttigieg-ish problem, but what's really going on is Loeffler is just a huge turd.

ElPigto and rockbox like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Warnock is a GA native and an institution in GA, Ossoff is a transplant and the guy he was running against is political royalty in the state.

Nook, fchowd0311 and rockbox like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You ain't going to get any real sincere competition with healthcare products especially with life saving treatments such as cancer treatment that have inelastic demand. There will always be price fixing from a formation of a pseudo cartel that is impossible to regulate.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think you're right to look at Perdue-Loeffler differences as much as Warnock-Ossoff differences.

Perdue can at least imitate a human being.

Nook, jiggyfly and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So now AOC is corporate.

Wow that did not take long, you really are insufferable and will never be satisfied.

So because she voted for Pelosi "Gasp" she can't want to do these other things?

You come of as really entitled and it will be the reason progressives will get nothing accomplished.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

DVauthrin and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

This.

The Democrats need to push for DACA and make the process as quick and as painless as possible.

They need to be sensible about, requiring proof of residency for a period of time and they can even have built in border measures to appease moderates and some Republicans.

What is funny is that in 20 years we are going to see a call to actually INCREASE the population in the USA and Western Europe because China will have tremendous power because of their population.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Subtle, I like.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No you will just find other **** to b**** about and claim whatever was voted on was somehow not enough.

12. Nook

Nook Member

No there wasn't wide spread voter fraud and there certainly was not a coordinated effort by the Democrats to commit voter fraud as claimed by the President and his counsel.

The closest thing that we have to voter fraud is the President on tape telling a Republican AG to "find" the votes needed for him to win the election.

You are too bright to believe this BS.

Trump lost because of Trump and he took the Republicans down with him.... it had little to do with the Democrats being awesome or anything else, the cult of personality abused the system and voters had enough of it.

DVauthrin, BigM and DonnyMost like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Do you really think, with increased automation/ai/robots in research, medicine, manufacturing and military that population numbers will matter that much in 20 years? 2b vs 500m. It's not like every living soul is going to pick up a gun and fight movie style.

Nook likes this.
  14. lpbman

lpbman Member

Oh, I get it. I just want to see Democrats fight fire with fire. Degree of difficulty is high, cost of failure is higher.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There are other tangible benefits. Our current healthcare model just sucks, top to bottom, unless you're well off and/or have an awesome insurance plan. Most great doctors are not going to buy into government options. Basic healthcare any doctor can fix is an easy solution. A public option is not going to allow you access to the best doctors in the country.

16. DonnyMost

100% correct.

This is why I'm more concerned with breaking the duopoly than I am with reforming either of the parties.

ElPigto likes this.
  17. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Yeah this is ridiculous. AOC isn't an idiot and isn't willing to burn the house down to make a point. I think she recognizes the need for a united Democratic Party given how slim the margins are in the House and Senate.

The only way to create a durable majority to create space for some of her priorities, she has to hold hands with other Democrats. The Republicans in Georgia just demonstrated what happens when a party is divided. People are acting like this is 2008 again and Democrats are sitting on huge majorities. The majorities are so small that any division will break the caucus.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So who is the arbiter of superficial socially liberal politics, you?

It's amazing that you think you have any idea if most of the Democrats in congress do anything like what you stated but it's easy to paint them as evil corporate types just because they once did something you don't agree with or voted against something you like.

The entitlement with you types is staggering as well as the virtue signalling.

But hey at least got use all of your progressive buzzwords right?

19. DonnyMost

Denying Pelosi speakership (in a 1st round vote) isn't "burning down the house".

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Progressive buzzwords is a establishment thing, not a liberal thing. Liberals are far more demanding od economic policy rather than superficial wedge issue rhetoric.

Yes I have opinions about what the Democrat party should be. If that makes me entitled, then I'm entitled.