1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enough with the Morey hate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rox4lyf, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I think you give too much credit to Morey in this deal. Clearly he was influenced by Adelman.

He always listen to the coach when making decisions. Of course he still makes the final decision based on Les's willing to spend but make no mistake Adelman had his ear.

Personally I am not crazy about the deal because it seems like Landry for Martin is almost worth a straight up deal. But it's probably a better fit team wise. When Yao comes back Arriza jumps back to our 4th option where he belongs. Not our first like he thinks sometimes.

2. raining threes

Love this deal

Rox needed SG/scorer trade for Martin (limited defensively)

Have to give up Landry (undersized limited PF)

Where the Rox win in this deal is the expiring contracts and by trading Landry Morey has the choice of resigning Scola and Lowery. Or letting them walk and when you put them together with the expiring contracts aquired in this deal it gives Morey the option to sign a big time FA this offseason if he chooses to do so.

Yes Morey knows more about how to put a team together and all of the intracacies of expirings and the cao situation than anybody in this forum. IMHO

3. dreamshake27

dreamshake27 Rookie

You are clearly the dumbest person here!

4. role_50

role_50 Member

Does anyone remember the laker series? All we needed is down low presense, the rockets have enough talent at the 1-3 spots why give up your best inside presense, most atheletic, and best scorer down low and bolster spots we are already talented at and be worst off than ever down low? And there will be more more people on the way out at 1-3. unless morey is confidant he can sign chris bosch then this will be the begining of his demise. I hope i'm wrong though.