1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon Musk is no hero

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, May 12, 2022.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Musk could just fly away. Get ahold of yourself.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Fly away to where?

I think this is a fundamental issue with conservatives and why they say things like "I built it all myself". They just simply don't understand the level of infrastructure even the most self reliant human requires to live in modern society.

Elon panders to the cultural and ethnic majority of the nation that holds most of the guns and has law enforcement and military disproportionately on their side because he sees that is how he sustains long term power if the conservative right goes from semi-fascist to full fascist.

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Come on, he's clearly angling towards the right wing. No objective viewer is going to say that Musk is being even handed or diplomatic. And that's his right to do but its a bad business strategy.

And I'll acknowledge that Biden hasn't helped in this area. I think Biden's whole union push really caused some friction because Tesla is the only American automaker that isn't unionized. And then he left Tesla out of EV tax credit talks which further antagonized Musk. But Musk's response has been to go full right wing and while I actually sympathize with his grievances about Biden, I think he's gone about this so poorly that he's damaging his companies in the process.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. adoo

adoo Member

elon's latest tweet--- backing a claim that Jewish communities are pushing hatred against whites---drops
    • him as a speaker at the 2023 APEC CEO Summit in San Francisco
    • the stock price of Tesla / SpaceX
      • hedge funds and mutuals funds will face more pressure to exclude Tesal / SpaceX from their portfolio

AroundTheWorld and MadMax like this.