1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Electronic Arts sucks !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Jul 10, 2008.

1. A00man

A00man Member

While I generally agree that EA isn't the best, it seems like they are financing some good games and not limiting the creativity of some of their studios. Take DICE for example. Mirror's Edge looks really unique and cool. Hopefully it turns out to be a good game.

Here are some screens for anyone who hasn't seen the game:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

But for how long? Doesn't EA still want to buy them out?

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, so far they haven't seemed to interfere too much when it comes to the quality of games that some of their studios can put out. I'm hoping that they learned their lesson with Origin, Bullfrog, Westwood, etc., and that this will continue to be the case for the future.

Mirror's Edge might be the 1st EA game I buy from in a long time. Well, unless I buy Mass Effect before it. Either way, I guess ME will be the first EA game I purchase in a long time. ;)

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

DD, what are you doing playing the WC 06 game? :D

I prefer Fifa over the Euro/WC games EA releases.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Is the Pro Evolution Soccer series still being continued? I know I played that a lot back in the day.

6. LittleWilly

LittleWilly Member

I'm surprised EA with it's resources doesn't create something equivalent to Battle.net from Blizzard. Though I've rarely used it, if I chose to I could still play Diablo or Starcraft through it and both games are many years old.

7. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I took a long written post, and summed it down to the next few lines...

...a 2 1/2 year old sports game and you still want online play out of it? You're rarely, if ever, going to get that on a console. Get it on PC if you want to be able to play later on. THE REAL issue here is your terrible choice in soccer game. Get Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer instead.

That is all.

8. lpbman

lpbman Member

Yep.... EA sucks hard.

Trying to get LOTR: BFME2 to run on Vista, because of some copy protection crap I'm auto-defeated 3 minutes into playing. (And I have a legit copy)

So I go onto the EA forums and I see my exact question posted 6-7 times on the first few pages with no answers. WTF is that?

The only answer I saw (elsewhere) was to install the expansion pack, and I have a legit copy of this too.... but it doesn't install... it doesn't even try to install. It does nothing.

This sucks ass.

9. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Yeah, no competition in video games = no need to improve gameplay. Madden is just a $60 yearly roster update.