1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight wishes he could have waited longer (Cbs)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tochiee22, Oct 4, 2014.

1. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm all for it and can't wait. If we can get what harden did the last 30 games of the season and dwight from the Portland series, watch out. With that type of play out of both at the same time it's over rockets fans. We'll be the best team in basketball and the new kobe/Shaq. There's a lot of doubt with this team but the talent of our two stars not only meshes but they both posses mvp level of play. Not many teams can say the have one mvp caliber player let alone two.

We're in good shape and by mid season media and fans alike will give us our do. Talent wins always in the NBA and I guess many our blinded by the very fact that the rock at have two of not only the most talented players in the league but also ones with unique skills that are not duplicated. No player in the game is like dwight and only LBJ and durant offensively our better than harden.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im not only expecting dwight to have a beast season, im expecting him to have one of his BEST seasons. the nba season cannot come any sooner

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

First off, Harden's balls shrink in the playoffs. I'm as big a Rocket fan as the next, but let's be honest. Second, I'm skeptical about Howard being a new beast. He's turning the 30 this year and very rarely to people hit their athletic prime at that age. Sure, every once in a while a player has his best year at 30 but, not players that have relied on athleticism their whole career. One would argue Hakeem, but Hakeem was a once in lifetime talent with offensive skill. For the record, I still think Hakeem 92-94 plus 95 playoffs is the best player I've ever seen.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why even watch the upcoming season? :rolleyes:

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One sentence, all you need to know
    enuff said!

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How old was Hakeem in 1992?

Rocket River

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

oops .. . wrong person quoted but . . . I think Dwight can do it

Rocket River

10. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Woo hoo !!!!! Basketball is almost here !!!! Go Rockets !!!!

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dwight is the one bright spot. Love guys that compete and put the team on their back, doing whatever they have to do on both ends of the floor.

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I'm not worried about Howard at all. If he brings the same level of play that he brought last season, including the playoffs, we'll have a chance.

The real question mark is Harden. I'm hoping that he finds a way to up his game in the playoffs. A star of his caliber can't continue to have these sub-par performances in the playoffs. McGrady, for all his faults, was a different guy in the playoffs. If Harden can get to that next gear and Howard plays like he did last year or better, we will be a force to be reckoned with.

13. Jo3yBo3y

Jo3yBo3y Member

Orlando Howard is going to emerge now that he's feeling better since his surgery. Like a wise man once said he's not a 7 footer with foot problems, he's a 6' 10 solid muther trucker. RedNation lessssgooooooo!!!

14. Solaris

Solaris Member

Can't wait for the season to start. Dwight is going to be a beast.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dwight played awesome in the playoffs. Everyone else was meh.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Dwight will be 29 this year. Get it straight.

Also, I highly doubt you ever watched Dream play live.