1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Grades

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JuanValdez, Jun 29, 2006.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Stoudemire's stock rose during the draft process. He impressed people in his workouts and was drafter higher than many people predicted the previous year. Gay was the consensus #1 pick going into the season and he turned people off with his lacksuster tournament performance and workouts. So...bad analogy.

2. MONON

MONON Member

I would give us a B simply because of the massive increase in team bball IQ this draft gave us. :D

3. Juggler

Juggler Member

Howdy, everyone.

New to the forum, but an old school rocket fan. I watched in disbelief as this unfolded. After a period of time letting this digest and several van gundy movements later, I came to a realization. If we can land mike james in free agency and it sounds like he really wants to return, then we will have 2 new starters in the lineup next year. Battier isnt flashy, but is a solid addition that complements what we need on the team.

Swift was dead wood in van gundy's system. Gone. Gay has never played a minute in the nba. We got someone that barring injury, which could be a big if for the rockets, will play hard every minute he is in there.

Quick history lesson, If we draft rashard lewis, or dont pull the trigger on the masterbating wonder of seton hall, we probabably dont get Yao Ming. So there are silver linings.

You gave up an unknown commodity for a proven starter hitting his physical prime. Add mike james to the mix and all of a sudden the Rockets have some depth to them and could very well vault up in the standings to host a playoff game.

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A...The Rockets picked up a guy that will be a very important piece while we contend over the next 5 years.In addition Novak should quickly become one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm basically over it. I never expected to see a guy like Rudy Gay fall to us at #8 and it was hard to see the Rockets pass him off, but I have to admit that if you'd have told me before Rudy Gay fell to us that we'd trade our draft pick for Shane Battier I would have been ecstatic. It still hurts a little to think of what could've been, but it is nice to know that, barring injury, this move will make us a much stronger team. I didn't want Swift back anyway, so I don't see any good reason to remain upset we threw him in. Good riddance.

I'll tell you the thing that does hurt though, as much as I like Battier, he's not an exciting player. Further, I'm not a fan of Mike James, and it looks as though he's our MLE target. I know we'll be better with both of these guys on our team next year, but neither of these moves excite me.

6. Panda

Panda Member

Also, Gay is not a headcase and as unmotivated as Griffin.

And Griffin averaged 9/6 in his rookie year.

7. Coob5

Coob5 Member

Getting rid of Swift was def a good move but I am just not sure we got enough for Gay and Swift, I am guessing the Rockets considered Swift having negative value.