1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Grades

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JuanValdez, Jun 29, 2006.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have to admit, I'm mostly interested in seeing the draft grades to see if there is anyone out there who won't give the Rockets an F. But, the GARM's got enough threads going, and maybe someone will want to talk about what everyone else has done.

So, post what draft grades you find on the web. Or, grade the draft yourself.

Here is Michael Murphy's grades from the Chron: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/4011390.html

And, here are some more comments from him: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/4010729.html (btw, which one of you is featured in that pic?)

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

F sounds about right. They manage to surprise me yet again. And it's not a good thing.:(

3. pandazn

pandazn Member

F doesn't sound right. F- sounds about right. The Rockets really blew this chance.

4. uchlha

uchlha Member

its beyond F. if anything the rockets should be banished from the NBA for this stupidity

5. RodrickRhodes

RodrickRhodes Member

every nba draft report card i've seen has given the rockets an F except for one that gave them a D- or something...on the other hand, the grizzlies have gotten an A on all of them....what a joke :mad:

6. Jimes

Jimes Member

Chad Ford gave us a B- (although Memphis was an A+) saying that Battier is an excellent fit and will help immediately although the price was too high (sorry, I don't have the link).

7. Genuine

Genuine Member

Rockets F
    Grizzlies A+
    no question

8. RodrickRhodes

RodrickRhodes Member

just so there's no confusion, when i said 'what a joke,' i was referring to the rockets stupid trade not the draft grades being wrong or unfair, i completely agree with them

9. Toast

Toast Member

I believe it's the Fox Sports one that gives us a C.

Not that it matters.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ric Bucher commented it was a great move towards the bitter end last night, but he's in the distinct minority.

11. Jimes

Jimes Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/marty_burns/06/29/draft.grades/index.html

Houston Rockets
    Picks: Rudy Gay (8), traded to the Grizzlies for Shane Battier; Steve Novak (32); acquired Lior Eliyahu (44) in a trade with the Magic
    They wanted Brandon Roy but couldn't move up to get him. So they basically swapped the tremendous potential of Gay (along with Stromile Swift) for the proven commodity of Battier, himself a former No. 6 overall pick (in 2001). Battier's versatility, defense and three-point shooting will make him a good fit alongside Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming. He will be a valuable contributor, and it doesn't hurt that Houston got rid of Swift and his big contract as well. But if Gay blossoms into a big-time star, this move won't look so good down the road.
    B

Let's all take a step back, count to 10 (or 1000), and maybe we'll start seeing things like this fellow.

12. str8tup

str8tup Member

man, i feel that this is gonna come back to haunt us like wen we traded richard jefferson away or wen we had 4 chances at rashard lewis but passed him up without a second thought, sure battier is quick help, but he'll be able to help us for one, maximum 2 seasons, he's 28 and getting older everyday, so unless the rockets have some huge plan to win a ship in 2 years, this trade isnt gonna work out for us, jerry west bamboozles us again

13. sbyang

sbyang Member

There's many people who think that this is a good move, unfortunately most people here agree with Steven A Smith and Greg Anthony.

14. padgett316

padgett316 Contributing Member

You can count me among the distinct minority.

15. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Yay we're getting somewhere :p

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i think the Rox deserve an F as well, but with that said, Draft grades don't mean jack shiet.

17. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

How can you honestly give the Rockets an F for this...c'mon, that's thinkin with your emotions there. Battier is gonna be a good fit for the team and they got a sharpshooter in Novak (something we sorely missed last season when Padgett was let go). You traded potential (Gay) for proven (Battier). If you factor in Swift, then the grade goes down a little, because you're giving away a lot now. You're sacrificing some of that youth and athleticism to get you're proven, tough, solid role player. As it stands now, I'd say the Rockets deserve a C...upgrade to a B if there's more to this deal.

19. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

Can they get a G?

20. dividend

dividend Member

Let's not stop there....

Z-