1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic 2024 Presidential Bids & Announcements

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 19, 2022.

1. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I do. There I said it. Come at me bro. You guys can't seriously think Biden is doing a good job right?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Did you read the headlines at least (guessing reading the articles was a stretch).. It just didn't happen the most recent midterms... it happens almost every midterm.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Unarguably better than trump. And overall I think he has been doing a decent job as president. My gosh... you may be voting for the first president sitting behind bars!

4. NewRoxFan

Seriously... you are touting the guy you think is the crappier option...

adoo likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Democrats across the political spectrum are panicking about a recent NBC News poll showing President Biden's approval rating at the lowest levels yet — 40%.

Why it matters: Moderate and progressive Democrats, particularly in the House, are fearful of an electoral tsunami this November. They tell Axios they're unsure whether the party can repair the damage in time.

• "People are extremely discouraged, there's no doubt," said Rep. Annie Kuster (D-N.H.), a moderate and leading member of the New Democrat Coalition.
    • Kuster was among the NDC members who met with President Biden on Wednesday and urged the administration to take action on supply chain and inflation issues, gas prices and a budget reconciliation bill.
    • Rep. Susan Wild (D-Pa.), a swing-district member, told Axios's Andrew Solender the poll gives credence to her distancing herself from Biden: "It’s always a concern when the president's numbers are bad and you're in the same party."
    no big deal tho according to the Party apologists because it happens all the time…keep giving MAGA more power as the President clings to 40% approval ratings…if all else fails, just say “hey, at least we’re not Trump”

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Where did I ever tout Trump? Pull up the post, I’ll wait…

7. adoo

adoo Member

just because you can't count up to 1 trillion doesn't mean that it has no impact.

it'd behoove you to stop publicizing your willful ignorance.

8. NewRoxFan

You are implying you will vote for trump over Biden... all you have done here is complain about Biden. Well, there will likely be two candidates running in 2024... have at it.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

it had so much impact, Biden’s approval rate is at 40%…u Party apologists make me laugh the way y’all live in an alternate reality

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lmao, no tf I am not. MFers just invent things on here

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

there you go again, unable to debate my ounter-point to your convenient baseless claim,

moving the goal post,

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

more like u have zero counter

Please, tell me why after passing the almighty infrastructure bill with its massive impact, Biden is at a pathetic 40% approval rating. If u can’t, then stfu

13. NewRoxFan

So far I listed out possible alternatives... all you have done here is tout trump and complain about Biden. Or did I miss the post where you mentioned your preferred candidate and why you like that one better?

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

”tout Trump”…ha, stop the nonsense

pull up the posts where I’m touting or praising Trump…I’m still waiting

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't advocate ignoring anything. Both the positives and negatives are real and happening.

But since we were talking about politics, then it is fair to say that the Democrats have done a poor job of accentuating the positives and their accomplishments while also failing to frame the negatives of their opponents in a unified and concentrated way.

The messaging from Democrats sucks now and has for a long time. That's bad enough. What's worse is that they fail to learn from their mistakes.

ROCKSS and Reeko like this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

Reeko's convenient baseless claim
    my counter point

unable and unwilling to debate my counter points, Reeko moved the goal post to
    doubled down on his willful ignorance w this gem

#76 adoo, Apr 19, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  17. NewRoxFan

You seem fixated on the approvals... bet you would be surprised that Reagans approvals were as low as the mid 40's (June 1982, Gallup polling) and dipped as low as 35%. Truman's were as low as 32%. Yet both of those presidents were two term presidents and were ultimately popular presidents.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

again, explain why Biden’s approval rating is at 40% despite the almighty infrastructure bill…u keep dodging because u have nothing to offer

if those little things u mentioned truly had an impact on the American people, Biden wouldn’t be this unpopular now would he

oh wait…

19. adoo

adoo Member

the less-than-informed one, w head buried in sand, desperately moving the goal post to divert attention away from his convenient ignorant claim

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m sure u brought those same arguments for Trump when his approval rating was in the toilet too…

The president's approval rating sank to a new low of just 38%, with 53% disapproving. Biden's -15% net approval rating is measurably worse than his -9% approval in the CNBC December survey. What's more, his approval rating on the economy dropped for a fourth straight survey to just 35%, with 60% disapproving, putting the president a deep 25 points underwater.

The president also saw double-digit declines, on a year-over-year basis, in economic approval among key constituencies who helped to put him in office: women aged 18-49, people of color and young Americans aged 18-35.

The president's handling of the war in Ukraine barely fares better with 40% approving and 49% disapproving.

u can keep trying to turn piss into sweet lemonade all u want to