1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey AS Philly GM

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Nov 18, 2020.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

1. But the Rox arent trying to be champions in 3 years that just keeps going over your head. If the Sixers dont win a ring in 3 years they are a failure if the Rox dont win a ring in 3 years that is ok nobody expects then to win a ring in 3 years.

2. Yeah weve seen Morey use assets to improve the team he hasnt used assets to win a ring yet. Again you keep missing the fact that Sixers are failure every year they dont win a ring. Theybulle etc can be used to improve their squad we dont know if thats enough to make them champion favorites lol.

I keep telling you Rox are in a better position than the Sixers because the Rox dont have pressure to win a ring. Doesnt matter if Embiid is an MVP candidate, they're the 7th best team RN. If Morey makes them top 3 team with his trades, ok then they are in better position than the Rox. Until that happens, nah they arent in a better position. You already wrong when you said the Rox team is trash and they're currently 8th seed in the West. You'll also be wrong when you say Sixers have a great shot and they end uo not even reaching the Finals.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

1. LMAO. They have nothing in three years then. Woods off the books, Tate off the books, Gordon, gone, Tucker gone, Walll and Oladipo likely gone. Nwaba and Brown,maybe they will pay them idk LOL but why would you when they will be above 30 and you arent competing. What is the plan here? Do you think another James Harden trade is out there or that we are FA destination like LA or NY or Miami?

2. Dude, Morey would have a ring right now if not Chris Paul's hamstring and we all know the WCF that year was the real finals too. So yes I believe Morey can do it, please stop with the crap you are awful at this. LMAO they have an MVP candidate who's 27 and assets to improve their team while all the contenders this year are old and are getting older. They are fine. They are in a better position than we are. Quite while you are behind.

That doesnt mean you are in a better position, that means you are rebuilding and are factually in a worse position. You keep spamming 7th best team like it matters LOL. They are in a great position for Embid's age and room to improve and that is what matters and THAT is why they are in a better position than the Rockets. You dont have an argument.

Nook likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

1. Wood is 28 in 3 years he is off the books he can be resigned. Rox can resign whoever they want at the right price. If you have capspace and a winning record you might not get the top tier star but you'll get someone decent.

2. 7th best does matter you still havent given me a 7th best team that won a ring. Ive been asking you that since 5 posts ago you cant even say one and yet keep claiming Sixers have a great shot and in a great position. If no team in the last decade was 7th best and won a ring why d hell do Sixers have a great shot? Theres no precedent for that in the last decade you just spouting crap cuz you wanna argue even if you have no basis fir the crap you say.

3. Coulda woulda shoulda. You realize Hakeem and Jordan couldve played together if Houston didnt trade away their pick to get Ralph Sampson? That didnt happen, and Morey didnt get a ring. End of story. You keep saying Sixers are fine and I keep telling you every season they dont win a ring is a failure. Just ask Morey did he say they are fine if they dont win a ring? Did he say they have time Embiid is only 27 they can wait to comoete till everyone else gets old?

"I THINK WE ARE CHAMPIONSHIP OR BUST"
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/daryl-morey-76ers-think-pretty-020053584.html

Bro the Sixers arent fine if they dont win a ring. From Daryl Morey himself. Who is the boss of Sixers you or Daryl Morey?

4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

you got the story wrong. sampson was drafted the season before hakeem. the offer on the table for the 84 draft was ralph sampson for portland's no.2 pick + clyde drexler (who was picked mid first rd the year before). rockets were already hellbent on drafting hakeem with the first pick in the draft, and with no.2 they would've picked mj.

hakeem, mj, and clyde all in their early 20s on one team... could've been the greatest dynasty of all time. if only the rockets accepted that offer lol.

mikol13 and roslolian like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

1. You gonna pay him max money? Is he even going to want to be here? Is he going to be better than Jokic, Embid, AD, Bam Adebayo(and Maybe KAT) by that time? But more than that will he be the best player on a championship team....the odds are likely no.

2. Not in relation to the Rockets. LMAO they are in a great position because they can GROW from here too. Embid is 27 and is only getting better. They also have assets to improve their roster, THAT is why. They are in a better position than we are.

3. Mhmm, this what I thought. Literally nothing of substance here. RANGZ argument with no context.

LOL so what if he said that? No one is fine losing goofy, its the NBA. Do you think its gonna stop them from improving while Embid is 27? Quit while you are behind.

#225 HP3, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

As long as Simmons is there they will never win anything. Good luck unloading him Morey, if anyone wanted him and his contract he would have been traded by now but they know they aren't getting anything good back.

Good thing they didn't fleece Harden from us for Simmons

chadyang and hakeem94 like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

1. Who cares? Thats 3 years away we can talk about it in 3 years. Again thats totally irrelevant if you wanna talk 3 years from now Embiid will be 30 3 yrs from now and we dont know if his knee will hold up by then.

2. They can get better but again the goal isnt to get better its to win a championship. Morey said it himself championship or bust. You a big Morey fan now you are saying he doesnt matter. You keep insidting as long as they grow then its fine again Morey is the boss here not you. He didnt say if they improve its fine he said Championship or bust. You understand what bust means? Thats not fine wtf.

3. You just said its fine if they lose now you say no one is fine with losing, its the NBA. So Sixers arent fine if they lose now they're the 7th best team in the NBA they're bound to lose. How is that a great position?

Btw Rockets are fine with losing win or lose it doesnt matter. Nobody expects them to win a championship this year. Thats why Rox are in a better position than the Sixers they can lose and the Sixers cant.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WOW!

Really?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How can you keep arguing with somebody that says Silas has more exp than Rivers and Dantoni?

That guy is bonkers?

HP3 likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is speculation but good take.

Rocket River

12. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Who are the 6 teams ahead of them? What's the judging criteria?

Also:

94/95 Rockets and 03/04 pistons

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are replying to a post a month old.
    Sixers are now the 6th most likely team instead of the 7th to win a championship as per NBA championship odds, which I believe to be the most accurate way of judging the likeliest chance to win given people who give these odds have money at stake. Regardless whether they are 6th or 7th Sixers wont a ring this year.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nba/championship-odds

How d hell do you even give examples when you didnt even know the criteria?

14. wizkid83

What were the odds of those two teams at similar point in the season in those respective years.

I gave example of teams that I thought would fit most criteria.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

You were the one who gave those examples why do I have to look them up for you?

1982 knicks 1975 Celts 1998 Phx 2004 Pistons 2009 Lakers 2012 Dallas 1988 Spurs 2015 Rockets

Look up the odds of those teams at similar points in their respective seasons and get back to me.

16. wizkid83

I couldn't find the data, if you have a legit source to historical betting odds point me to it.

Your argument that sixers doesn't have a great shot needs two premise to be true
    • They currently only have the 6th best betting odds
    • 6th best odds or worse don't win championship
    You provided support for the first premise, I cant find the data to validate the second. Therefore I can't actually agree or disagree your argument since I lack the information necessary to evaluate it.

What I do know is that sixers are the current top seed in the East and have a good chance to remain in the top 2. Historically, that bodes well for their chances as 70% of the champions are top seeds and 80%+ are top two seeds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_champions

#236 wizkid83, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Darrell standing in the way of Harden record wise, gotta luv it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Two men trying to outdo the other making their respective new teams the greater success. Not bad for a couple of unaccountable culture cancers.

hakeem94 and cheke64 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Whoever said 'Ship 'em to the East' was hell of a clairvoyant.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

So basically you have no data to back up the random examples you said but somehow its on me to prove you right? How does that make any sense? If you cant prove or disprove then how about not give random examples in the first place?

Historically the top 1 and 2 seeds refer to the top overall records and not the top seed IN THE EAST. The East is known for being top heavy historically and as a result East teams often have great records feasting on the garbage teams a lot more times than their Western counterparts.

In short you dont understand the trend nore the proper use of data as the top 80% you are talking about is the overall top seed and not just the top seed in the East. Hence why NBA odds still have Sixers as only the 6th most likely team to win a championship. You said as per data 80% of champions are top 2 seeds so that alone is evidence the 6th best team most likely wont win the championship. Top 2 seeds dont get rated as the 6th team most likely to win a championship as the team record has a direct impact on the perceived strength of a team and the likelihood of them winning a ring.

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nba/championship-odds/