1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuttino Mobley - Wants out of Sacromento?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aeroman10, May 25, 2005.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If the Rockets had Cat there is no guarantee they would still be in the playoffs. Finley rountinely lit up the Rockets even with Mobley. Wesley was Van Gundy's best defensive option on the peremiter, he played over 40 min a game, and he is a better passer. And the need Wesley's passing more than Cat's scoring. The Rockets had Cat off the bench, his name is Mike James b****.:p

2. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

I must agree Cat would not work with T-Mac and Yao. I love Cat with his athletic ability, shooting (sometimes his shots are questionable) and his defense. I not sure if he fits into this system. As someoone pointed out, Mobley may not care for Jeff Van Gundy too much.

There is going to be a lot of competition for the 2 Guard spot in FA. I would guess that Mobley would stay with the Kings.

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't know what Cat would have done for us against the mavs, but I do know from watching him in Sacramento that he is a changed man. He fit right in with their pass happy offense. He may still jack up some bad shots, but most are within the flow of the game. He can attack the basket and defend thanks to his quickness. More importantly, he defers to peja and bibby often, acting more like a third option than a superstar. He was the one that adapted better under JVG than anyone else, so I shouldn't have been surprised but I was.

Once we have the PF situation handled, we should consider him. We could do a lot worse than to bring him back.

4. Man

Man Contributing Member

Hey Cuttino, I agree with you. I really hope we get Cat back. He is a good defender. He is a great offensive player. He really is. I really hope we can get him back..but I mean..I hear he wants a lot of money..full MLE or w/e. I don't think we even have a full MLE..and if we do..it will be on a power forward unless we sign and trade.

Antonio Daniels, Mobley, and Swift with Yao and Tmac sounds good.

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

PGab, i love what Wesley did for us in the second half of the season, but the Mavs were repeatedly leaving Wesley open for 3, and he was consistantly bricking form there. And he was getting burned by Stack every time he was in the game. And with TMAC, Barry, Sura, Yao, we have enough passers and enough spot up shooters, what we needed in that seies was another player who could create his own shot consistantly.........that would be Cat........people compare him to James, which is not fair, James gets burned on D quite often, something Cat hasnt since his rookie season.......I still believe the first thing the Rocks need besides a PF is a nice solid wing player who can drive to the hoop with consitantly , hit the 3 ball, and defend, wether it be Cat, Posey, Artest, Simmons etc........:cool: