1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could we have won a single game vs GSW?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 22, 2017.

?

Can we win a damn game?

1. Yeah we win a game or more.

98 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Nah...Sweep

49 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Notable Members do have this privilege.

cdrive likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I like this thinking.

Are we entitled to a bronze Larry O'Brien trophy?

I think we are.

jayfree likes this.
  3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It all depends on who falls on ZaZa's foot. Gsw is really lucky they didn't face us with a healthy beverly because we all know what happens to pg's that Beverly loves to hound. We might have been able to take them.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Rockets match up pretty well, they would have been able to steal a game. They can beat anyone if they get hot for a night as we know.

Problem is, it is usually a one-night thing.

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Surely. No disrespect Mr Sam. I'm still hurting man.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rockets will trail 3-0 and then GSW will let the Rockets win one game which is game 4 and Warriors will then blow Rockets out game 5 at Oracle.

4-1 series

Caesar likes this.
  7. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

We will never know because James Harden didn't lay it all out there.

8. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I think we could, that's why I was so disappointed the way we lost to SA.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Of course we would, and San Antonio would have won a few too if they were healthy.

Richie_Rich and kjayp like this.
  10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

The Spurs without Kawhi got swept by the Warriors. The Spurs without Kawhi beat us by 39 points. Hell no.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think we would've won 2.... we could catch fire for 2 games and squeak out a couple victories..

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

We won one last year... probably should have won more than that. I think the answer is definitely yes, this series could have been close with Kawhi. Spurs were up like 30 in Game 1 in Golden State.

I kind of hope the Warriors sweep the Cavs in the finals though. Would be terrible for the NBA and might be a wakeup call, we need some parity in this league. NHL playoffs are kicking the NBA's ass in every way

Richie_Rich and BigShasta like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If our players or star player quit like this against the GSW, there will be blowouts all over the place.

1 win does not marginalize the embarrassment.

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

NHL sooo exciting this year, not even a joke

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I think a healthy Rockets team could have won a game or two against them. But, let's face the facts here gentlemen. Golden State has 5 future Hall of famers on the roster right now in Curry, Iguodala, Green, Durant, Thompson. Plus, they would also have the refs which makes it even more impossible for the Rockets.

When you sum everything up, it basically comes down to James Harden and a bunch of ragtags vs 5 hall of famers and refs. Maybe, we win a single game in the series if healthy, but that's asking for a lot of sympathy from Golden State and the refs.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we could have won a couple assuming Harden had his head screwed on correctly.

We should have beaten the Spurs in 6.

17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

It's hard to have your head screwed on correctly when you know you don't have any supporting cast, and the refs are screwing you since game 2 of the Spurs series. Maybe, Harden just said "**** it, man, even if I beat San Antonio, I have to face the Warriors next and there's no way I'm getting any calls in that series."

I think Harden needs more help. He's not Hakeem Olajuwon, Eric Gordon isn't Vernon Maxwell or Mario Elie, Lou Williams isn't Sam Cassell, Ryan Anderson is Matt Bullard and not worthy of the huge contract he's getting, and MDA isn't Rudy T because Rudy T had heart and knew the game unlike MDA who is just a basketball nerd sort of like Morey but they have no common ground with the players they teach.

**** it, man. I'm done ranting for tonight.

Patrick Beverley is the only Rudy T type player on our roster right now. Period.

lw17 likes this.
  18. SemisolidSnake

Nah. I don't really know much about the Warriors except their roster and record, both of are already formidable. But that doesn't factor into my decision. The Rockets have an inflexible offensive strategy, an average defense, and, most importantly, they're just not mentally tough enough. Their leader certainly isn't, but the rest of the team also looks like they don't have any fight in them. If all their threes are falling and someone bumps into Beverley and the team gets excited and fired up and angry because of that....then maybe they have enough offense on that night to match what Golden State will consistently bring. They're still not guaranteed a win that night. They're infuriatingly inconsistent, and a lot of that is just mental lapses or getting lazy or complacent.

Their system averaged over 82 games in the regular season may indeed get them a top four seed every year. Or at least into the playoffs. But the playoffs are totally different, and the Rockets don't show a playoff mentality every game, and they've had that problem the entire time Harden's been on the team. I'm not blaming Harden for that; that's just how long I've been watching since I got back into the NBA and the Rockets.

Just show me a Rockets team that doesn't have slow or lazy quarters and that doesn't blow leads by getting complacent, and then I'll give us a chance against Golden State.

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Honestly. Way less predictable and seems like every game is nuts. I've never been a big hockey guy since Houston's never had a team but my college buddies are seriously starting to convert me. The fact that NHL 2k is fun as hell helps too

Richie_Rich and BigShasta like this.
  20. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

we could win the series if we play like Gm 1 vs the spurs and they played like Gm1 vs the spurs (before the "leonard") - all series long.