1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Commentary]: The Railroading of Michael Flynn

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, May 21, 2020.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong.

from the article you did not read:

"Flynn had initially registered the Inovo contract in August 2016 through a less stringent law known as the Lobbying Disclosure Act."

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Oh boy.

Flynn Intel Group Inc. had disclosed to Congress its work for Inovo BV, but had not previously registered with the DOJ as working on behalf of a foreign government. In the filing, Kelner said Flynn registered because his work “could be construed to have principally benefited the Republic of Turkey.” “Under the Foreign Agent Registration Act, U.S. citizens who lobby on behalf of foreign government or political entities must disclose their work to the Justice Department,” according to the AP. “Willfully failing to register is a felony, though the Justice Department rarely files criminal charges in such cases.”

Try again.

3. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

He also sought White House Council who told him they didn’t care if he did or didn’t register. It was up to him.
    You asked me it I care? I don’t see at as the problem that you’re making it out to be. He didn’t work directly for the Turkish government. There as no intention to spy on behalf of Turkey. He was asked to look into the Turkish version of Bin Laden. I believe he wrote on op-ed based on his assessment from his experience. You think he made up the content of the Op Ed? He should have registered beforehand. He would’ve still been hired for the position.

“Could be construed...”. is miles away from being a Turkish plant, with the intent to undermine America. If I spent my career in the intelligence field and someone wanted me to write an op-Ed or lobby against a someone who I thought was a terrorist, sure thing.

did you answer the question out to you or are deflecting by asking me a question....which I’ve answered.

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is covered extensively in the article you did not read. go read it, and reply back with the relevant portion. it's not difficult to find.

B@ffled likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The "Turkish version of bin Laden." Really?

We have an Erdogan supporter here, folks. They actually exist outside of rural Turkey?

AleksandarN, basso and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you think we are harboring the Turkish version of Bin Laden?

As for the 2nd bolded part.

Who has said any of this?

Talk about deflecting.

So you think that the National Security Director is ok being on the payroll for a foreign Gov't?

7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

on the payroll? That's overstating it a bit huh? Like he was a W2 employee, eh? Did his firm even bill the Turkish government directly? I don't have a problem with him being an international consultant and lobbyist in the private sector. Do you have any proof that he was continuing to do business after the election? I'd have a problem with that. Otherwise, I'm not outraged and it's not a crime. (answered....I'm ok with it the way I understand it.)

2 questions:
    1. Isn't leaking a classified call of the Russian Ambassador and the incoming Flynn a crime?
    2. And is this ok with you? Leaking a high level call.
    I know the answer to the first question. I'm curious to see if you can bring yourself to admit it. The second question is the one I don't think you'll answer.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

1st of all you don't seem to know anything about Flynn's lobbying group and seem to think it was this big corporation, lobbying is a personal businesss trading on your name and this was the breakdown of employees.

The Flynn Intel Group is a lobbying group established by Michael Flynn. Flynn registered the company from the home of his friend Stanley A. McChrystal, a "fellow general-turned-consultant."[1]

Subsidiaries of the Flynn Intel Group include FIG Cyber Inc and FIG Aviation. They are headed by Timothy Newberry and Mike Coomes.[5][3][6] Other employees included Flynn's son, Michael G. Flynn, who served as his father's chief of staff.[7]

Why are you asking me questions that have no bearing on the topic?

Leaking is wrong but that has nothing to do with what Flynn did and the content of the call was not leaked.

Stop trying to deflect, you want to tell us why Trump is still harboring the Bin Laden of Turkey?

FranchiseBlade and AleksandarN like this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

There is another supporter of Erdogan here aswell right @dachuda86

IBTL, FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Knew it:
    1. Isn't leaking a classified call of the Russian Ambassador and the incoming Flynn a crime? "well it's wrong"
    2. And is this ok with you? Leaking a high level call. No problem.
    https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-b...lly-turkey-is-in-crisis-and-needs-our-support - Op Ed by Flynn Are you trying to get me to walk back me calling the Imam "Turkey's Bin Laden"? Who cares? I'm not walking it back. He's a bad hombre.

"Why are you asking me questions that have no bearing on the topic?" No bearing on the topic. Scroll up and read the thread title. You have no problem with laws being broken if it's by anyone who opposes Trump. Again, Flynn was on the call, leaking it to the media had a purpose. If you think it has no bearing on the topic. You clearly don't understand the situation. CLEARLY.

I think I've answered everything. Nothing to hide, unlike you. It would be easy to say: Yes, leaking classified information is a felony/crime. It should be easy to say: No. I'm not ok with this, because it's wrong. But you deflected as I predicted. I'm done with this back and forth. We're not going to find common ground because we can't even agree on something that's so fundamental.

basso likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why is Trump protecting the Bin Laden of Turkey?

adoo likes this.
  12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Who said he was? Scroll up.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is Turkey bin Laden gonna take away our stuffing and mashed potatoes?

Deckard likes this.
  14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Kian was also a stitch up, which is why the appeal judge tossed his case for lack of evidence.

Tbh, it's more likely the bizarre actions of this judge has more to do with Flynn stopping his cooperation over Kian than anything to do with Trump, after all, that was the case that things kept being put off for.

Turkey is the ally, the Kurds are not, Turkey were the 3rd country to join NATO in 1952, the Turkish Kurd issue has been going on since 1978, all that time, Turkey was the ally. What the hell kind of stupid are they putting in the water that gets people believe it somehow magically swapped places because Erdogan?

Erdogan has been either pm, or president of Turkey since 2003, he didn't magically appear a few years ago on some anti US platform, it was Obama that betrayed him, by siding with of all people, a bunch of marxist terrorists. Of all his terrible foreign policy decisions, that's going to be the one that hurts the USA the most going forward unless the relationship is repaired, not siding with the Marxists anymore is a good start.

basso and B@ffled like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you are just not gonna answer why Trump is allowing the Bin Laden of Turkey to live in the U.S. and you are Ok with it?

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no idea what any of this has to do with us allowing the Bin Laden of Turkey to maintain residence in the U.S. especially considering we are allies and everything.

17. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I would love to be able to answer that question. The problem is I didn't say that. And I don't know if Trump is allowing the guy to live here or not. I never went further than the Op-Ed to prove my point. This question you've asked me (what 3 times...or 4?). It's been answered. Did you want me to ask you if you're OK with it?? Are you ok with it? Is it a question anyone really cares about?

18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

You should re-read the thread's title: Everything he just posted does have something to do with the actual thread. And, I'm the one who called him the Bin Laden of Turkey or whatever, not whoever you're quoting. Is this your way of deflecting? You've gone so far out of context you are trying to turn the thread into "allowing the Bin Laden of Turkey to maintain residence in the U.S." Hurry up and make your point.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You don't know of Trump is allowing the Bin Laden of Turkey to live here or not?

Well the Bin laden of turkey is still here and Erdogan has been trying to get him extradited since 2016 and nothing has happened how is that not allowing him to stay, he is not a U.S. citizen and is here as a asylum seeker.

There has been zero action to get him out of the country ad Trump has not said one thing ., so yeah Trump is allowing him to stay.

No you have never answered the question because you know calling this guy the Bin Laden of Turkey was ridiculos in the 1st place.

20. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

ah...Ok. I get it now. He's just trolling and is full of sh&t. He's realized that what the FBI did was wrong, but he's too chickensh!t to admit it. He can't answer my questions because it exposes his hypocrisy.