1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[cnnsi]Playoffs disappear from TV in China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 28, 2008.

?

what's going on?

1. No Yao, No Yi, No NBA

62 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. No sports shown during tragedy

63 vote(s)
    31.2%
  3. Chinese NBA fans do want to see the playoffs! angry!

17 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. Pryuen kicked down the TV towers cause the Rockets lost again

60 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. silentsky

silentsky Member

She has been cutted in Chinese market by Dior? sweet~

I've talked to my wife telling her the story, and she said that Dior's no more in her shopping list untill they actually do somthing about it. well, wut comes around goes around :D which is not good for my wallet though :mad:

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you really are obsessed with this topic.

I already told you. your government controls your media. and by the sheer number of of posts about sharon stone and china in the Rockets GARM, you really do care what she said. You're proving my point easily.

where was that Chinese interview post from? it wasn't from Houston.

so the more it's shown on tv and hell the more you write about it, it just proves that you find it very important.

its like more fascinating to you than Basic Instinct was back in the day.

3. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

No, I'm afraid you are the one with the problem. Several people in this thread have denounced Stern for getting involved. By the way, why are you so virulent. You should be warned about making posts like that.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Sorry that you are missing your jumpers Luther,
    but your GOVERNMENT FOREIGN MINISTER commented on it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-China/idUSPEK16294020080530?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0

China's Foreign Ministry also weighed in on the controversy.

"We hope that as an American actress she can contribute to our two people's trust, understanding and friendship," spokesman Qin Gang told a news conference.

you should go practice some jumpers now. link, yup. government talking about the subject yup.

5. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

I see many more people argue Stern's comment has nothing to do with it than denouncing him. Why didn't you address to those few particular posts which denounce Stern when you said that? Blame it on your own ambiguity or your own inability to make your clear.

6. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Wow, who is more obsessed with this topic? The one (you) who brought it up in this thread and keeps replying to anyone who talks about it? Anyone with half a brain can see you are tremendously obsessed with this topic.

It is very naive of you to make such an assumption. Sorry to burst your bubbles but the Chinese government is not my government. My government is across the strait from the mainland if you need some clues to figure out where it is. But I do enjoy speaking out for what I think is right and calling out people when I see what they said is wrong.

Once again, you are one who brought Sharon Stone up in this thread and keeps talking about her in every of your posts from then on. No one here cares more about what she said than you do. I and other people probably somewhat care about what she said but you are the one care most about what she said. The posts in this thread prove it.

7. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

I apologize if what I said has offended you. But, calling out your reading comprehension problem is 'virulent' to you? Dude, you should have thicker skin.

8. supermagic

supermagic Member

Well, people wouldn't have cared much what stupid things came out of her mouth if she merely criticized the Chinese government. But that is NOT what she said this time. It's Sharon's insensitivity to human life that angers Chinese people. Imagine what would happen if Sharon came out and said that Katrina was bad karma right after the hurricane ravaged New Orleans, do you think the people in New Orleans would shrug it off just because Sharon is this one stupid actress? I don't think so.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

i wouldn't care what Sharon Stone said or some scrub on the Lakers to be honest. go buy a paper from the US, its not top news.

And my point has been proven on how if the FOREIGN MINISTER of the government comments on it, then it makes the news even bigger.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Wake and smell the coffee dude,
    you have what? 130 posts? and half them are about Sharon Stone.
    my Sharon Stone thing is a side point, but you apparently want to make it the main topic. I have like 12000 posts, and 99% of it is about the Rockets .

I already posted enough chinese clips that i don't even need to understand cause Sharon Stone's face is on it.

you want to talk about Sharon Stone?
    here's the D&D topic about it
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=149113

and you can write til your fingers fall off, I don't care, I know i'm right.. MR FOREIGN MINiSTER.. "That American Actress.. We don't care"

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm glad MR FOREIGN MINISTER LUTHER HEAD here hasn't commented on this one. Don't believe the truth.

12. abita

abita Member

right on the spot

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

This isnt good for ratings :(

14. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

What's your post count has anything to do with it. We are talking about what happened in the past week and the FACT is that you are the one who brought this up in this thread here and you tried to replied to anyone who talked about Sharon Stone. Why did you bring this up in the first place? Now you turn around and try to say someone else who responded to something that you brought up is more obsessed with it? How much more moronic can you get? You are obsessed with Sharon Stone and what she has said in the past week. Just man up and admit the facts, Luther Head aka Sharon Stone biggest obsesser.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Admit what? you can't prove fish swim in the ocean, i'm handing you the swordfish.

the FACT is the sharon stone comment was a side comment and you ate it as the main plate.

The other posters know you got served. When the Chinese Foreign Minister and TV talk about stuff, it must be important.

Man, pryuen is taking a leave of absence leaving us with posters like you?

don't leave pryuen!

16. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Keep twisting the facts around. We are discussing who is more obsessed with Sharon Stone comment and it's YOU, Luther Tinman Head.

This is the VERY FIRST POST that Sharon Stone's name is mentioned in this thread and look whose post it is. It's you Luther Tinman Head again!

Oh by the way, who has also tried to link what Stern said ONE FULL YEAR AGO to what happened with the TV program last week? It's you again, Luther Tinman Head.

Keep trying to change the topic as you want. I won't stop to right your course to the key issues that we have been talking about. I am that relentless.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

good, you remind of Harry Joel Osmond near the end of AI. when he keeps saying the same thing about the blue fairy til the whole world froze over.

I did mention Sharon Stone as a side note because she was getting blasted for her statements. rightfully so, but in terms of a person of importance, she's very low on the scale. yet making a big deal of what a insignificant celebrity says will only make that celebrity more popular regardless of wrong reasons.

you constantly yaking with the teddy bear will eventually attract the Aliens.

but keep going. I have like 12,000 views behind DaDakota's genius Manu/Tmac thread. We'll catch up to them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#117 tinman, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  18. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

It is virulent to insult someone who voiced that genocide is a bad thing. That's why.

And quit all the Sharon Stone talk. I don't think anybody cares about it anymore.

19. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Who doesn't agree that genocide is bad. Yes genocide is bad and it has no place in the civilized world.

Now, what you said that is to imply that people in this fact are blaming what happened last week on what Stern said one year ago. And it couldn't be more wrong because, except a few knuckleheads, majority of the people in this thread agree that no one should blame Stern on the TV program. Now you know why I called out your reading comprehension problem?

I could also say your misunderstanding of other people's point of view about genocide is virulent. But no, I won't do that because I have thick enough skin not to be that sensitive.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]