1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Day T-Mac Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I actually like Tracy and I think he showed he was a great player (although not for a long period of time) but to say he didn't quit and had an off day is crazy. He flat out camped out by the 3 point line and didn't want anything to do with the team. That isn't "having a bad day". Now having said that, it was so long ago, I think it should die. I got over this and the Mad Max "quitting" on the team, forgive and forget, and if you can't stand the guy then more power to you and if you like him, don't shove it down others throats. let their be a happy medium.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man, you CFN's are crazy!!

3. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

that's right, yao had so many holes in his game, but after seeing that scene I told myself never say one word bad about yao ever again.

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I remember that Raptors game and thats when I lost the little respect I had left for Tmac. The guy had soooo much talent but looking back, I don't think he was ever going to win anything or get close to winning anything, even if healthy.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And that's what history proved.

There are those on this board who think we should have won a championship with him. They forgot you have to win four straight playoff series.

Basic math.

6. rocketry

rocketry Member

That game inspired my vid:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PwCWuzEhiZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. rocketurk

rocketurk Member

Guys, let the hate goes. Ok I remember that Toronto game, he was obviously not interested with winning the game and all that stuff but what is done is done. Let's move on and remember all those good stuff he did in Houston. He was our best player for 4 years.

Tracy McGrady made me a Rockets fan. I am a Turkish guy and not a Houston native so don't blame me. I was only 14 years old when he came to Houston and I just started to watch Nba at that age. He is the reason if I am still a passionate Rockets fan to this day. Because of him I fell in love with the Houston Rockets. I was only 14 years old when he came to Houston and I just started to watch Nba at that age. I remember when we lost to Utah at game 7, i was about to be crying out of anger at home at like 6 am or something in the morning.

Yes he gave up on the team. He announced that he's going to have a surgery when Morey was about to trade him, He picked Lakers as his championship team when we are actually playing against them in the playoffs etc. But let's remember the good stuff. He carried this team to the second longest winning streak in history. And he had players like Bobby Jackson, 40 year old Mutombo. His playoffs point average was about 30 points until this year. So I think there were other guys too to blame for not passing the first round.

I personally thank him, at least making me love the Rockets far from Houston. I hope he will be HOF one day. You will be missed Mac.

Cheers.

8. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

You were 14. You're still biologically and mentally an adolescent. And Tracy was acting like passive aggressive teenager. I hope he understands why many fans cannot forgive him.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're going to use the fact that one fan was 14 and logically apply that to why fans in general should fabricate grudges against a former star player?

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've got even simpler math for you:
    Team > 1

11. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Yes. My point is, you would act the way Tracy did if you were 14. Not if you're almost 30. Clear? This "man" was being paid millions of dollars. You don't do that kind of thing if you're any kind of self-respecting NBA "superstar."

12. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

That being said, he got what he deserved: rotting on the bench and in China for the rest of his career.

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Hakeem pouted and prolonged an "injury" to try to force Houston's hand in a trade. Just sayin'

14. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

The number 4 is more complex that the equation team>1?! I aware I almost threw my tablet across the room reading this.

15. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

tinman is so quick to trounce on T-Mac but he's a nut hugger when it comes to Vernon Maxwell... who also quit on the Rockets... not during the regular season... but after Game 1 of 1995 playoffs!

1 person likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL,
    you guys crack me up!

Hakeem? Vernon Maxwell?

none of it will affect me, cause it has NOTHING to do with this topic.
    I'm at peace with Vernon and he's at peace with the Rockets .

Oh insult Vernon, maybe tinman will stop talking about t-mac.

You know why people still get ticked about t-mac? cause it's the truth.
    if someone told a lie about tmac, like tmac killed the easter bunny, nobody would care cause it's not true, it's not real.

tmac threw the Rockets and the Rocket fans under the bus. it's true. this is the article that proves it.

You ask yourself, how do you stop the 99ers. you can't.

17. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

A-freaking-men

18. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

No, I don't discount what T-Mac did because I'm not a hypocrite like you. And your constant hyping of being a 99-er or a 713-er is hilarious.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't know why, it's probably because I generally try to look at the positive side of anything, but I look back on T-mac as a Rocket fondly. Behind Dream, he is probably the most uniquely talented player that we've ever had. He was fun to watch and his basketball IQ and court vision was tremendous.

I realize the Toronto game showed a complete lack of will and definitely poor character, but I also remember those Utah series' where he poured everything he had into it. He might have taken games off during the season, but I believe that a lot of that had to do with preserving himself for the long haul. He knew he couldn't go a full season and the playoffs going hard the whole time. It doesn't excuse the pouting toward the end and "quitting" on the team...but to me he was already on the way out when that happened anyway. It was obvious that his run was coming to an end here.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

we know. as long as the player won a championship for you, they are exonerated of any and all past or future transgressions.