1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Day T-Mac Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

lol, wtf? Have you ever fasted? It's not actually that difficult and they used to limit has time. And most games are after sunset when fasting is over....

Not taking anything away form my man, the Dream, but these stupid hypothetical comparisons get to me.

"Do you think t-mac would play while fasting" WTF~!??!!

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

To be fair, I think if he gave the same kind of effort as he did in that Toronto game, I think he could.

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

R.I.P T-Mac, R.I.P.

4. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

What was the box score for this game?

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

113-77

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Ehhh. This was obviously a article written for the sole purpose of destroying Mcgrady. He's definitely no saint, and acted very diva like towards the end of his time here. But Tmac was a top 5 player while here. The main reason he never got outta the 1st round as a Rocket was mainly due to injury, but Yao's just as to blame for that. Its not really ALL on Tmac

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Meh. I'm one of the few people who will never forgive him over the way he behaved his last few seasons here which includes the Toronto game.

If that makes me a bad person or someone with no sympathy, then so be it. I won't argue that he didn't have talent though.

8. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I'm with you. He might be a good person, but he isn't a good Rocket. He could have been been he quit on the team.

9. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

One of my first memories as a fan. Pretty sad.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Moments like this defined TMac. Whether it was his tendancy to loaf or his fragile back, you were never sure. He was a supremely talented player, but he just seemed to be unable to stay focused. Of course we will never know how much of that was physical and how much mental. It really doesn't matter much at this point.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The video showed evidence as well announcers saying he quit.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I continue to maintain that those who legitimize the injury excuse for T-Mac are casual fans only. The ones who watched each minute of each game that season, knowing that we had the potential to be a championship contender if he was on board, have all in my experience come to the conclusion that 2009 was all, in fact, on him.

The proof is in the game tape, and the Toronto game was far from the only example of this. You're not going to make apologists watch all that additional film, though, so you'll just have to agree to disagree. But the fact of the matter is, that when looking back on a long and supposedly illustrious career, which of his previous teams' fanbases do you think will go to bat for him in his bid to become a HOF'er?

Not Toronto. Not Orlando. And not Houston either. It's a sad case of "what could have been," but do you think McGrady in his heart of hearts believes that he did everything he could to get the most out of his NBA career when he had the chance to? Some regrets last a lifetime, and some regrets will remain forever unspoken. This is one of those.

13. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Same people who talk smack on T-Mac will be the first people to ask for a picture when they see him in public.

14. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

No, Why? So I can post a picture on a social media website with a caption of "Tmac and I" ? Maybe if he was relevant. Unfortunately for him, this is 2013 and not 2003.

15. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Still bitter about his entire tenure. What could have been...

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That man balled here in Houston unfortunately they didnt put a good supporting cast around him.

17. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I don't think I'll ever forget what he did to the team and franchise, but this was a kind gesture on his part.

From his Twitter:
    [​IMG]

18. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I'm tired of hearing this. The teams were very competitive and deep between 2006/2007 and 2009. Unfortunately between Yao's and his injuries the team couldn't live up to the potential and he felt like giving up.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Now I'm not one to bash TMac every chance I get but damn all of these TOF in this thread who don't seem to comprehend the man literally quit on this team and held it hostage with his injuries and indecisiveness on how to address those injuries. He had at most 1.5 good years in Houston. Phenomenonal player when healthy but not a great leader. And to the person claiming Yao is just as much to blame, just stop. He never quit on this team and he always gave it his all and tried his hardest to come back and play.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Rockets fans need to get over this.

Seeing ancient threads like this get bumped is irritating.

#660 baller4life315, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013