1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 3/13/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it The Natural? That is my first instinct...but I know I've heard that quote before.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Did you guys read this???? :eek:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240313010

So what Hubie is saying is that Yao Ming is more of a force than Garnett, Duncan (I assume he means Shaq is the No. 1 force), T-Mac, Kobe, Dirk...that's a HUGE compliment right there!

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

yipengzhao got it right... it was Major Leauge.

4. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

You mean, Mark Jackson.

5. YaoPal

YaoPal Member

anyone has the idea about how to watch highlight on espn. The video page does not work to me.

6. daRox

daRox Member

Can you PLEASE stop quoting Yetti!!!! He's probably on most of other posters' ignore lists.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Man, I thought our players were whiners (re: Taylor, Francis; example, Francis: "Hey [insert name of ref here, the players have them all memorized], I just dribbled into the teeth of 3 defenders and had nowhere to go and just threw it to [insert name of opposing coach on sideline here], and I made the All Star team, again, thanks, but how come I didn't get that call? It's about respect!).

But Pau Gasol, that dude....he's talented, but whenever he doesn't get the whistle, he's worse than my 6 year-old nephew.

8. hkomives

hkomives Member

Props to refs

What a great game called by the refs last night. They officiated a perfect game by 2 playoffs contenders, let the players decide the game. No ticky-tacks, making legitamate foul calls.

9. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

If they really called a good game, Tsakalidis should of been fouled out by end of 3rd quarter.

10. DRose

DRose Member

yeah the refs sucked. big jake had only 2 fouls.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I won't be happy with them untill Ming wins the MVP.

12. hkomives

hkomives Member

You're thinking small, if Rox win it all, he'd most likely be Time Magazine man of the year.

13. birat

birat Member

Amen.

14. rockets688

rockets688 Member

Why?

15. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

time magazine's POY isn't that big. not as big as NBA MVP.

but why not? if yao can take the rockets to the top... that would be some accomplishment because everyone agrees this team is a couple years away. plus he's starting a revolution in china, a basketball revolution.

16. hkomives

hkomives Member

Who would sell more magazines, Yao or some other guy on the cover???????

17. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

wow... this year yao is absolutely a bigger force than dirk. but to say he's bigger than garnett and duncan, maybe he's exaggerated because his team just lost.

18. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

I began listening to the online radio stream half hour before the game. They aired the interview and I thought I clearly heard Hubie saying "second best center ". But anyways ... probably I should not doubt ESPN. :D

19. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I have seen different versions of that sentence Hubie said. I think reporters twist his words to express their own opinions.

20. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

"Those are the plays that decide games," Van Gundy said. "The block on the out-of-bounds play, just generally making an impact even when you don't have the ball to shoot it. The great players play both ends. The great players play their best when their best is needed. That's what separates, along with consistency. And those two plays were great plays."

Can someone shed some light on what JVG was saying here? Yao is a great player or Yao needs to show more consistency to be considered a great player?