1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 3/13/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

Big game vs the grizz

i dont know about the rest of you but i think if we can pull off a victory against the grizzlies on saturday it will be huge for our teams confidence and will play an important role going into the playoffs

i know there is around 15 more games after the grizzlies, but they are hot right now and we have beaten a few good teams as of late, it think for the team to know they can play good teams and win,,especialy since they have not beaten them this season

i guess i am just stating the obvious,,but it is a huge game in my opinion

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Yeah it's very big since they're right ahead of us in the standings. They've beaten us twice this year but everyone needs to stop acting like they're better than us BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT!!! The Grizzlies are hot lately and have been playing well against good teams, but they are sure as hell not better than the Rockets - not by a longshot!

We're gonna win.

4. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Not to mention it would put us one game behind the grizz for the 6th playoff spot.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Grizzlies may not be better than us, but they certainly match up well against us. We seem to never have any answer for Gasol, which really neutralizes Yao's mismatch.

You know, the idea that we need to catch up to the Grizzlies just doesn't seem right. I'm just so used to chalking up each Grizz game as a win, that losing to them three times in a season just seems plain wrong.

6. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

i think we can be behind SA and if MIN still losing we can be two ;) way to go thats what i liked

:cool:

LeT's Go RoCkEtS

7. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

if we beat the griz, we'll only be a couple of games behind the mavs as well in 5th spot! wow we can be 5th seed!

8. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Very big game. If might be the difference between us finishing 4th or 7th. Also might be important if we both end up with the same record. Even though I think we have the tie breaker over you guys due to conference records.

We will be making a statement vs. the Clippers the night before to squash big mouth Magette.

9. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

wow a 1st round matchup with the lakers and a 7 game series if we are 4th or 5th seed. that'll be the most anticipated 1st round matchup in years.

yao will average 30 & 12 vs shaq :D

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I also have trouble saying that a Grizz game will be a tough one to win....
    gotta give major credit to Corpse-man and the Logo for what they have done with them...;)

but right now...the Rockets are pulling it all together and finally figuring out how to get themselves in a position to win tough games...
    besides...I woul dlike to think that they have figured out some adjustments to try to compensate for the mismatches we have with them.

A friendly wish for a good game to you MemphisX....contrary to popular opinion...I remember that you are capable of being a fair minded poster from time to time...lets try not to let our emotions get away with ourselves...win or lose. :)

Go Rockets!

11. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

i want to see memphis completely destroyed on saturday.

the calendar is marked..

it's a celebration b****es!

12. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

We should beat the grizzlies at home handily. I think Rox overlooked them the first two games. Grizzlies also were pretty lucky lately, it seems that they always play a team with their best players out of the game (twice against Duncan-less Spurs). They're out of luck on Saturday.

13. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Theres one thing that I notice about this team is that they get fired up for games (see Lakers, Minnesota) I think they'll come out with a lot of fire knowing that they've been beaten twice already, but they'll need to sustain throughout to beat the active Grizzlies.

Stuart

14. ttboy

ttboy Member

"Fair minded poster"? This is the same MemphisX who said before the '02 draft that he was HAPPY we were picking Yao #1 because that meant the Grizzlies wouldn't pick him. Granted, plenty of people were skeptical about Yao before the draft, but here's to hoping we kick your A$$ on Saturday and every other time we play so you can continue to be glad you don't have Yao.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

he and I have been around here abit longer than you have.... and at one point in time I remember quite a few threads where he was a decent poster....(for a Grizz fan).;)

Just becasue you dont like his position on Yao doesnt make him a bad person(poster)...tho I will admit that his posts lately have taken on a more edgy in your face approach(almost flameworthy even)...which is why I said what I said in the last line of my post

this place did exist long before Yao...and we actually had decent discussions back then.:rolleyes:

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

That is because before this season the Grizz sucked rhinocerous terds. Now that they are winning, he can be brazen and just shout down any flamers with "At least the Grizz are beating the Rox."

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Time to beat the Teddy Bears and end their winning streak!!! We willl KILL THEM!!!!! Lets tgo ROZ!!!!

ROX RULE!!!!!

18. win2k

win2k Member

EAT THEM ALIVE!

19. lavarock

lavarock Contributing Member

Yes this game is very very important for both teams.
    The two uprising team in the west clashes! Too bad it's not natinally televised.

20. Sane

Sane Member

Oh, you guys will be on a back to back?

Will any of your players be making it back from injury (Mike Miller, Lo Wright)?