1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Just need to get stronger, something that's very achievable. He got something that's very hard to teach - a sense of balance and lack of fear. His mental altitude is great. Dude just ball without making much of any mental mistake.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It's looking like his absolute floor is Sam Dalembert. Very excited about Clint.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's already is better than Dalembert because he has great hands. You can't teach hands(just look at Kwame Browne). His floor is a Deandre Jordan. I'm not saying he's going to be like Jordan since he is smaller, but having great hands and athletic ability will make eventually make him a borderline all-star.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

"Clint's ceiling is through the roof" - Josh Smith

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He is in a perfect situation with Dwight Howard and Kevin McHale. Hopefully he picks up the offense from Coach and the D from Dwight, on top of that you have CD and Hakeem to work with our bigs. Can't wait to see how this guy improves in the offseason with a little muscle added.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Daryl Morey: "The teams that find the Chandler Parsons, not the ones that pay them the max, are the ones that succeed long term"

I think Clint is the perfect example. Clint will turn out to be Morey's best draft pick when it is all said and done.

7. PeppermintCandy

Jack Sikma probably deserves a ton of credit working with Capella in the d league.

I was one of those who figured Capella to be a long term project, but the guy has shown tremendous poise and awareness in his limited role.

Dorsey likely would have gotten more minutes had McHale not needed more offense from the fourth big man. Regardless, Capella has definitely stepped up to the task.

1 person likes this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's got a no-fight....no-quit attitude. Smith's fumbled quotes are the worst thing since sliced bread as Steve Francis would say.

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Happy B-day Clinty!

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I love this dude's fight and upside.

Right now, he understands how to roll and where to be offensively, and most importantly he is a really solid rebounder.

Defensively, his biggest attribute aside from rebounding is truly his length. He doesn't "lock down" the middle like you know he'll be able to in a few years, but that's due to lack of experience and strength.

The interesting thing about the Warriors of course will be that they aren't "tall" in the way Jordan and Chandler were. They've got Bogut, but he's less that athletic tall and more that brute size. Their PFs aren't tall. We'll see if he continues to step it up. Hope so!

With his birthday today, he is just 21!

11. onreego

onreego Member

It's definitely unattainable.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Wish yo boy a happy birthday: https://twitter.com/CapelaClint

He just advanced to the WCF and turned 21...

Probably doesn't mean much since he is European, but I'm sure that guys are going to get him $hitfaced

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Damn, Prigi Pab turns 38, Clint turns 21.

Prigi: Clint, I'm old enough to be your father!
    Clint: You're my Papa?
    KPap: Δεν είμαι ο πατέρας

[​IMG]

15. eman

eman Contributing Member

When I think of him with 30-40 pounds of added muscle, I... NVM/NSFW...

16. monster

monster Member

I think Capela is going to be a starter one day. He seems to have a great feel for the basket, at 20, good attitude.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I actually think he can reasonably be expected to be similar to Dwight Howard without a lot of development.

He's very athletic, has good shot blocking instincts, is incredibly long, can jump through the building and executes the pick and roll very well already. This despite not playing high level basketball against competent competition prior to this year.

If nothing else I expect that he can be developed into a defensive monster that can kill teams with dunks and putbacks, PnR moves, etc.

If however, IF, he can get some real offensive development in, he could be a total beast. I'd love to see him develop a shot. Not a 3 point shot, just a little outside J that makes him a double threat off a of a pick. That would scare the poop out of defenders.

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Bernie Mack! MY maaaaayne

19. brooksstephens

Once he learns defensive rotations and positioning, it's gonna be tough to keep this guy out of somebody's starting line-up. I didn't think he was capable of these kind of high-leverage minutes when I watched him play in the regular season.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Bright, bright future. Like Harden, you just keep pushing until you find a ceiling.

What I love about this team is that I can both enjoy what they're doing now and look forward to the future. I've got a good feeling that DMo/Capela will be a very good front court when Howard needs to take a few games off next season.