1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This is the time to start random threads Clint Capela has blown all expectations out of the water.

Players new to the NBA, especially euros, especially big men euros always require huge adjustment periods.

This guy though has more career playoff minutes logged than reg season and fits right in. No string of dumb fouls, no completely blown assignments, no WTF turnovers (he wasn't out of bounds the refs screwed him).

The future is so bright with this guy but so is the present. He plays above the rim and what he lacks in physicality for now he has in rim protection. What a blessing he forced the Rockets hand in bringing him in this year. Wow!

1 person likes this.
  2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He totally has been terrific in his first ever playoff run...The kid has some real hope. Cant wait for him to break out this round. Watch!!!

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

knocking down both of those FTs in a game 7 shows how confident he is even as a rookie

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

His form is not bad. Just needs repetition.

He has great hands for a big. Decent passer too.

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Remember when he looked like Thabeet out there? Capela is growing before our very eyes :tear:

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Capela has swag.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There were a lot of guys calling him a bust earlier in the season.

8. xAliceInChains

Which I can't understand.

What I can understand is how odd and clueless he looked. Whatever they did to him in the D-League was phenomenal. Bravo to those guys.

9. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

He needs more playing time.

10. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

a young boy growing into a man right before us, for the now i am focused on getting the boys getting a chip, but watching him play 12-15 MPG next season and developing will be so much fun

11. NewAge

NewAge Member

Very nimble feet! I wonder how he would do on a switch against Klay or Steph. This is one area where Memphis was completely powerless: Z-Bo and Big Spain could not move well enough to contain GSW's guards. J-Smoove, TJ, Capella all have much better footwork.

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Huge fan of Clint. A summer with HAKEEM... this guy will blossom into a good two-way player. He has a decent stroke... which can be corrected. He knows his way around the basket on offense and super mobile on defense... great rim protector.

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Guy had a groin injury for much of the first quarter of the season. What do you expect? He blew up in the Dleague after he healed up.

14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RjywIhMFCn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G5tvi1uZ_ds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I hope he gets a short offseason of strength training.

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

You can tell he is HUNGRY to play. Is so humble, and WANTS TO LEARN AND FIX HIS MISTAKES. He's not just playing for the sake of it.

I honestly can't wait to see what his full potential is.

Remember when Blake Griffin couldn't post up or dribble or have a mid range game? Well... that's the stage Clint is in now.

Clint is GOING TO BLOSSOM!

18. i3artow i3aller

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Yep you're spot on. Clint definitely has more athleticism than both Marc G and Z-Bo combined. Even if we lose to the GSW, I have confidence than on switches, J-Smoove, TJ and Clint can stay in front of Klay and Steph a little better than the Grizzlies frontline did.

20. malakas

malakas Member

Oh yes Clint will be a very nice player. Not a star but very nice. The advanced stats for him were one of the best pre draft and I knew from then that Morrey would snag him.