1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China v. Brazil fight (REAL FIGHTING!)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Oct 14, 2010.

1. pli777

pli777 Member

OK ignore me, i think i misunderstood.

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

If you watch that video closely you can see T-Mac standing at the half-court line and refusing to help.

1 person likes this.
  3. codename

codename New Member

4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Same same, but different.

1 person likes this.
  5. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I think tchou is pointing out that you misspelled "moron", which is, well, a bit moronic if that's what you're accusing him of.

Why don't you guys just stop beating your chests and flashing your paintball guns in front of your computers in your faux tough guy ritual and just relax.

6. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Jiujutsu is better for cage matches, but not as useful as striking martial arts in open contexts like during the melee.

7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Is it called virtual masturbation? :grin:

I am a keyboard warrior and I can beat you up with my typing. I will always fight by typing on my keyboard like a real man. Everyone else fights like a girl.

#67 RocketForever, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  8. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Yao gets pretty intense for his NT sometimes, you would be surprised.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AQw7Ss0mP7M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AQw7Ss0mP7M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Kung fu ha..?? it was like street fight didn't see any kung fu .. :confused:

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Which pretty much makes it even more aggravating that he seemingly 'chooses' to be so timid in the NBA. The man is already as skilled as they get, had he ever tried to develop a meaner streak over the years, he would have been that much more dominant. And at 7'6", all the more reason to be mildly annoyed by it.

But hey, he's been around long enough and nothing is going to change, so I am not b****ing more like reflecting on what never was. Still got love for the Big Wall.

11. dback816

dback816 Member

What? You're surprised that non-black athletes start fights too? :grin:

12. MD_in_Training

So, between walking away and stomping someone 4v1, you'd pick the latter? That's straight up pathetic.

13. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Lol nice kicks by Sun Yue.

14. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

it's sad to see they didn't honor someone who comes to their country to play bb, instead they showed the worst side of them.

the Brazillians were probably a bit afraid to fight back b/c they were not in homeland.

15. cuddie

cuddie Member

People are so quick to judge that they don't care for context at all.

"LOL CHINA ARE SO SPINELESS, THEY DONT HAS LEGITIMATE RESON FOR FIGHT THEY JUST b****ES"

Not like I expected anything else opening this thread, though....

16. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

So you're telling me, you'd rather be the guy on the ground?

17. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

I never actually said that. I'm saying given that video, who would you rather be? Let's be honest, nobody would want to be the guy on the ground.

18. sinobball

sinobball Member

Good find. But you do realize it was Yao himself that brought Donewald to China right? Yao chose Donewald over former Rockets assistant Dean Cooper to coach his Chinese team, because, in Yao's own words, he thought Cooper was too "nice".

19. bloop

bloop Member

Here's a picture of one dude landing a decent knee strike, for all the armchair MMAers out there:

[​IMG]

Without the QQing, moralizing, generalizing, Big Man Observations ("I'd like to see them try that on me"), and racist opines here's the facts...

the situation began due to an elbow to the head thrown by a Brazilian at a player named Zhang. Zhang was knocked down, suffered a concussion and according to the Chinese medical staff on-site was hit hard enough to have short term memory loss. A foul was called on Zhang for a screen with no infraction called for the elbow, at which point Chinese coach Bob Donewald Jr (whom Yao handpicked to coach his Shanghai team and who he pushed to be national team coach) lost his **** and was ejected.

Play continued, and there was another hard foul under the basket at Zhu Fangyu (the player you see in the picture and on videos going after the Brazillians) at which point the brawl happened. Both teams got into the fight but after a while the Brazilians seemed to try to walk off the court. At some point a second skirmish happened during which the Brazillians didn't seem to fight back and had the bright thought of RUNNING not walking back to the locker room.

After the fight, both teams took the same flight (this is true lol) back to Beijing. A day later the Chinese Basketball Associated issued a blanket apology, and imposed fines on the coach and a handful of the Chinese players of about $7500 and suspended them from

Those are the facts, minus the b****ing. For the record the Chinese team has a record of brawls (like 3 the past couple of years) but not more so than many other international teams and there's been prior beef between these two squads. In both China and among other international clubs there's been a right or wrong impression that the Chinese team has traditionally been "soft" responding to hard fouls both in terms of retaliation and it taking them off their game.

As for whether this team would have fought a US team (read African American players for those white folks afraid of black folks out there), whether a US team would have committed flagrants on a Chinese team, how touch each of you are individually etc... I'll leave that up to the rest of you to sort out.

1 person likes this.
  20. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

No, I didn't know that. Do you have a link so I can read about it?

Donewald also left the Cavs under pretty dubious circumstances too - I'm surprised if Yao truly values this guy.