1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chad Ford Insider] Hou working on 4 team deal [Update: Done Deal - Ariza for C Lee]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Convictedstupid, Aug 11, 2010.

1. rockets934life

Before last season...

http://netsarescorching.com/2009/10/01/scouting-report-courtney-lee/

2 people like this.
  2. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Old men who spend there whole day on this forum...SHEESH !!

we all kno u have it in for Trevor and you never liked when he came her and u would bash on him after every single game.

and since when had Jeffries been a sf?? pretty sure he is a pf.

while yes it makes sense, but it makes more sense to keep him he would do much better alongside Yao.

and no im not 13 im 4 moron your cool!

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

Jared Jefferies

4. abcd1234

abcd1234 Member

Is a IGGY trade in the works???

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

5 million dollar salary dump.

thanks les. I am not fooled by the propaganda.

Don't believe the hype, Les is about the bottom line.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Meh, I have an easy job....one day you may reach the top too child.

;)

Oh, and it is "Their"......

Back on topic....Ariza SUCKED...glad he is gone...good riddance.....

Moving on to better days.

DD

7. RedOctober67

RedOctober67 Member

Isnt Cortney Lee the one who missed a layup in the Finals against the Lakers? :eek:

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

Lee can ball, but at this point I would rather see the rockets start Chase to make up for the lack of athletism in Yao and Scola. Battier will probably get the nod, but I hope down the line Chase wins Adelman over and wins that spot out. Lee can attack the bucket and he can back up an often injured Martin.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You knew Les wasn't going to want to eat that 10 million, and Morey is always trying to find value players.

Let us just go ahead and admit that the Ariza signing was a mistake, he clearly wasn't ready to handle what they asked him to do.

Budinger turning into a stud only helped facilitate this salary dump.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

well damn i wanted to see how Trevor played with Yao guess that wont happen now

I am glad to get Lee back though in the trade a guy i always liked and mentioned wanted on the team.

The team must have hopes for Budinger to play the backup 3 which is fine he played that really well last year. Shane starting again isnt an issue he can handle that fine with out problems

What this does effect is the possibility though of using Battier has a possible trade piece at the deadline to try to get a "star" player. With Ariza gone there is no way the Rockets will trade Shane without getting some sort of defensive wing (or a star SF - anthony?) back in the deal, right now Chase is better suited coming off the bench running down the court with Lowry and Co.

what number will courtney lee wear though? #11 is taking and i am not sure if he should take #1 giving the recent history of players that have had that number here

11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I agree with 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 just seems meh. One of the great advantages of having Ariza is that he slips into the 2 pretty well (though is far more efficient at the 3, and was evidenced with Martin's arrival). If we're running Adelman's 8-deep rotation, I think we need Ariza pretty bad.

I would be shocked if this deal goes down. Ariza is a young asset and with the future of Battier uncertain (as much as it pains me to say it) and with Kevin Martin at the 2 and the insane amount of praise for JT, getting Lee means no more minutes for JT at all and less flexibility on perimeter defense without Ariza. Like everyone says I trust Morey, but Ariza for Lee on paper is a deal I would never make without giving Trevor just one more year to see how he meshes. Ariza has a good amount of intangibles that I wouldn't be satisfied to just call him a one-year experiment.

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Possibly

13. Asian Sensation

owned.

14. abcd1234

abcd1234 Member

I was thinking that, but our defense would drop big time at the wing

15. batkins

batkins Member

I really do trust Morey, so I'll have to wait and see how this moves plays out before I judge it. Though, with the assets of having Battier and Jeffries' expiring, Jordan Hill, and the NYC picks, I can see us making another move for a legit SF.

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

17. kevC

kevC Member

Getting rid of Ariza and Les proving to be cheap? It must be DaDakot's birthday! :eek:

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Backup for martin check.
    More PT for budinger check.
    Intangibles back in the starting lineup check.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Only true if you believe Courtney Lee to be clearly inferior to Ariza, and the trade was made primarily for cash reasons.

I haven't seen enough of Lee last year (Jersey sucked!) but he seemed promising in Orlando.

20. DontTradeOswalt

Cliff Lee to Houston baby!!!!!!!! Woooo!!!!!!

Wait....what? Courtney Lee? Well he's better than Ariza will ever be, good deal