1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chad Ford Insider] Hou working on 4 team deal [Update: Done Deal - Ariza for C Lee]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Convictedstupid, Aug 11, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think it is all about that, certainly that is a big factor.

But, I think it is about building a roster that works, and flexibility on the floor.

Trevor added nothing unique to the roster at all, and Cbud is arguably a better player, and younger....so they need to clear out people ahead of him to let him play.

I think Ariza has been a poor fit from the jump and the team knows it, and quickly corrects it's mistakes.

DD

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

and you act like this whole team hasnt had a history of injuries...yes, they can sub in here an there but you DO NOT want them starting at that position and playing significant minutes. If you had a SF like Granger than it could work as he can handle the ball and make plays, so he himself will play more like a SG, but you cant have two true SFs out there for too long.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ariza for c.lee. How much smaller can we get? Battier for c.lee in a heartbeat.

I just question c.lee's attitude since he was mentored by rafer.

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

This is the necessary trade Houston has to make (to get under the luxury tax) because they overpaid for Lowry based on the contract Luke Scrubnour got. One stupid decision leads to another and soon enough the questioning starts. Lee is a scrub, Lowry is a scrub, would much rather have Ariza on the team (as a perimeter defender and a spot up shooter) than either of those guys.

And LOL @ the Hornets trading Collison for Ariza. r****ds. If Lowry wasn't resigned for three times his value, Houston could have made the trade straight up.

5. DaDakota

Battier is an expiring contract.....keep him jettison Trevor....

Morey and DD on the same wavelength...again.

;)

DD

6. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Shut up! We all kno that u hate ariza and u want him to go. And all u fo is bash away on ariza never saying anything good about him!

1 person likes this.
  7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Maybe somebody has mentioned this, but a nice aspect of this trade is that it removes Collison from the Hornets which makes a player like Aaron Brooks more enticing in a trade for Chris Paul, should the Hornets want to move in that direction later on.

1 person likes this.
  8. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

yup and Morey now has to pay for it by compromising winning to save $$$

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Why is there this Ariza love all of a sudden? Lee shot better field and line, his rebounds aren't that much less then Ariza's, Ariza does avg 2 more assist per game but steals are equal and Lee's turns the ball over less. I remember his defense being pretty good in Orlando. I am not getting this Lee hate or did I miss something and we are trading for CARLOS Lee instead?

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I do not like this trade. Ariza is a better player...don't know much about Courtney Lee though..but looking at his stats sheet...he ain't that good.

11. Egghead

Egghead Member

Chad Ford update:

For the Rockets, aside from acquiring Lee, the move is largely a salary dump. This summer the Rockets spent a lot of cash signing Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry and Brad Miller to free agent contracts and their payroll ballooned to $81 million. Before the trade, the team was bracing for a $10 million-plus luxury tax hit. The deal would save them $28 million on the life of the contracts and $10 million this season, including luxury tax considerations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5455472

12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

right...they would really trade a franchise player to someone in the same conference. Doesn't happen too often and what the Hornets would be getting back isn't that enticing either from Houston

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

When did Lee become a bad defender? He guarded Bryant in the Finals and at least appeared to make him work.

Don't forget Kevin Martin is likely to miss several games due to injury. This allows the Rockets to plug in a guy that can play both ends when that happens instead of having to start "Battriza" again.

People were similarly underwhelmed when the acquisition of Lowry was announced. I'm excited to have Battier starting again; he's not nearly as effective off the bench.

2 people like this.
  14. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

If this trade goes down then we'll have at least one C. Lee in Houston with a decent contract. Other organizations should take note. :)

15. DaDakota

Kids...SHEESH !!!

Look, I don't hate the guy, I think there are better options both for the organization and for the team.

We are covered at the SF positiong with 4 rotational players.

Cbud
    Battier
    Trevor
    Jeffries

We are short on natural 2 guards.....

This move makes a ton of sense.....and it keeps the team a player at the trade deadling with large expiring contracts of both Shane and Jared Jeffries.

Seriously.....shut up....lol.....what are you like 13?

DD

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good. Get rid of Ariza and his chucking ass, acquire more young, cheaper talent. Cost effective.

Ariza is just too stupid to ever be a basketball star.

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Maybe we swing C. Lee for Iguodala?

18. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Marc Spears says trade is DONE!!!

20. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

*sigh*, there dosn't have to be more to it that what it is.

Rockets are saving money after showcasing a championship player in Ariza...
    after getting him on a cheap contract.

We're getting back a more than capable player in Lee who's just as athletic as Ariza.

with a line-up of: Brooks (shooter) Martin (shooter) Yao (who will demand touches) and Luis (Who is also effecient in scoring)

Battier will be a better fit than Ariza with a healthy squad. Last thing we need is a player on the team with bad shot selection, trying to dribble beween 2, 3 guys.

Did I mention Rockets are saving money? This will allow them the flexibility to make another deal if needed.