1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chad Ford Insider] Hou working on 4 team deal [Update: Done Deal - Ariza for C Lee]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Convictedstupid, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't know about you guys.....but I got a feeling this trade is going to surprise a lot of people....just like the Lowry trade. I believe LEE is going to turn out to a PRETTY DARN GOOD PLAYER.

He sorted got dissed aside after a great rookie season. All because they want Vince Carter. But to get someone great, u must give up something great and LEE is someone i dont' think Orlando want to give up. He appears to be a rising star and they cut his chance too short due to being a rookie.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why do people say the Lowry trade surprised anyone?

A lot of us LOVED that trade, simply because it got rid of that anchor around the team Rafer Alston.

DD

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He said surprise "a lot of people".

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Battier + Hill + Jeffries for Iggy + Jason Smith. Maybe throw in a future Rockets 1st, too. :p ;)

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeah, just like the Lowry trade......

Was anyone surprised by that one? My recollection is that almost everyone was in favor of it.

DD

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Lee
    Iggy/Budinger
    Scola/Patterson/Smith
    Yao/Miller/Hayes

STAAAACKED SON! ;)

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Have the opposite. I recall that a lot of people initially didn't like it - Rafer was playing well after T-Mac had shut it down, and we didn't know who Lowry was.
    Of course, once Lowry played a few games everyone shut up. Hopefully Lee can do the same.

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Not to be pedantic, but "surprised by" does not always imply a negative reaction. As I recall, most people were surprised, while bearing slight reservations about handing over the offense to the then unproven Brooks. The majority had positive reactions, but there was a significant number of people who were in Rafer's camp as well as Kojirou said since he had been on a bit of a tear at the time.

9. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

The team traded from a position of depth to fill a need at a position of shallowness. We needed a good backup for injury-prone Martin more than we needed a third small forward, when the other two are capable. I was also good financially. So it makes sense. It would make even more sense if Morey is working a trade to really upgrade the position from Battier and Budinger.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The very initial reaction was surprise. Rafer was playing well around that point, and people were expecting a trade for a starter, not a backup. After a few days to think it over, most of the board came around though.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm afraid you're misremembering. Many of us were extremely disappointed in that trade. Personally, I felt it was a sign that the team was giving up on the season and beginning the rebuilding process in earnest. I still thought Aaron Brooks was Luther Head v.2, and getting rid of Rafer signaled that the Rockets didn't believe they could do any damage in the playoffs. They traded him for some other undersized scrub who couldn't get off the bench on one of the league's worst teams. Turns out, Adelman and Morey knew better than me. Much better.

12. bjshot

bjshot Member

I still think that they gave up that season because TMac got season-end injured. That trade was for the future. Alston was much better than KL that season for Rockets. They had big chance to win it all even TMAC went down. But the owner and coach lost hope. Now they looked doing the right thing because Yao went down in the playoff.

This season showed coach RA is not a champion coach even though he's one of the best. He should go.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Aha,

I guess I was just going by my initial reaction of ecstasy and not others reaction of surprise.

I knew right away it was a good trade.....

But Brooks has been even better than I thought.

DD

14. FadeAway_Dreams

I like that thinking.

I guess I can't really understand the polarized responses. It almost seems like it's all good or all bad yet those very same people don't or can't say why. So, since it's all boiling down to opinion I guess no one is wrong... :rolleyes:

To me, Lee seems to be the better pick of the two. With the team as it is I would think his more consistent shooting would be a big bonus. What good does Ariza's athleticism do shooting under 40%? If he was a slasher and could hit free throws it could be a different story but sub 70% doesn't cut it.

If I were going to base my decision on nothing but articles and stats my pick would be Lee. *shrug*

15. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I was wondering if there's been any response from Lee yet on his new home. Because there are 702 threads on Lee already (and that's just on the first page), maybe I missed it somewhere. Any tweets? Interviews? Press conference? Anything? I'm sure he's excited, but I want to hear it from the horse's mouth..

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/100811-rockets-get-lee_trade-exception-in-deal

17. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Wow, that was quick. Thank you very much.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

NP, I was actually reading the article a few minutes before I switched over to CFs. :)

19. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

The only jersey I ever bought for myself was a Twhack jersey a while ago, and look what happened. Then Ariza comes so I'm able to duct tape Tslacks name off and put arizas there. If Lee doesn't wear #1 I'm gonna be PISSED!

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yup. A team with Yao on it is always going to earn the PG some hate, among other reasons. :p