1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chad Ford Insider] Hou working on 4 team deal [Update: Done Deal - Ariza for C Lee]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Convictedstupid, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I like Hawaiian pizza.

Ariza wasn't a bad fit, Courtney Lee is just better. Plus he's cheaper and we get the trade exception.

2. sew

sew Member

haha, spot on.

3. 45souf

45souf Member

SO he wil be our backup SG.... cost cutting and we net a pretty good SG...Morey strikes again

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They like Budinger's skills and BBall IQ, better than Ariza's ...

DD

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Or they finally realized that Brickiza is worse than Budinger.

6. hm70

hm70 Member

Not bad.Lee for Ariza
    He pretty good shootting, back up Martin.
    I hope he become Debron William ???
    Salary.ok.Next big name...Hope so

Welcome to Rockets , Lee!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

7. mms

mms Member

What's our salary situation? 3m over?

8. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

Sometimes i don't understand..

During the season people prayed to get rid of Ariza..

Now we get rid of him
    - get a guy who shoots much better than him
    - plays a position that we direly need (Back up shooting guard)
    - Hes younger, cheaper, saving us a ton of money.
    - He can play within the system most likely much better than Ariza can
    - The guy practices with one of our best players in the offseason (Martin) so its easier for him to mesh in and learn the style.. assuming that Martin helps him out.
    - Morey and his staff have wanted this guy since he was drafted. That should be good enough for the majority of this board at this point. (since most of you hail him as a god)
    - THIS GUY DOESN'T STOP THE BALL AND DO SOMETHING ULTIMATELY RIDICULOUS EVERYTIME HE HAS THE BALL

For some reason people I think are overrating Ariza and severely underrating Lee because maybe they are expecting some big trade to go down.

If we all believe Ariza blows, and the media admits that Arizas skills are "limited", what makes you think that a team will give us a star piece and keep Ariza for the next 4-5 years. I'm pretty sure they'd rather have Bud, Brooks, Martin etc.. That being said I have faith that this is what Morey believed we could get with Ariza, and I'm not complaining.

1 person likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think some folks are afraid that with Ariza gone, they won't have anyone to hate on this year.

10. devin23

devin23 Member

Man how can you not like this trade? Lee is more efficient than Ariza in all offensive catagory, especially free throws. Lee is also a pretty solid defender. Ariza is very overrated defensively, He's only significantly better defensively in steals per game than Lee. Most importantly, Ariza makes alot more than Lee who is at his last rookie contract if i'm not mistaken.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I like the trade, as others have mentioned you have kept both big expiring contracts for the trade deadline. I know the rumors are swirling around the Knicks, but you have now opened up a spot for Melo or maybe Iggy, or another star small forward.

I am curious about next years cap implications after removing Ariza and before Yao would be resigned.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Honestly, I have no one to dislike on this team anymore....I like every single player.

I could not stand watching Trevor play, he looked like an idiot out there at times......just hated the way he played the game and his attitude just stunk at times.

Now, from top to bottom we have a GREAT group of guys, all willing to work together and work hard at playing the game the right way.

I know we will probably try to flip some of these players for a superstar, but man....it will be fun to watch these guys play unselfish basketball.

I used to admire the Kings ball back in the day, well, we now have the same type of team.

BRING ON THE SEASON BABY !!

DD

13. worzel gummidge

The second most enquired after Rocket other teams sought in trade discussions according to Morey.

14. le081488

le081488 Member

I actually like this move, but something from realGM I found interesting, maybe not true since it's from realgm, but something interesting none the less.

The reason Houston is doing this deal is because of some behind-the-scenes- "issues" with Ariza. There was a MAJOR incident recently between Ariza and another key player that really turned ugly. The coaching staff was very concerned about chemistry issues between the two players and so they began shopping Ariza for the last month and a half or so. Apparently, Ariza has a reputation for being a "loose cannon" to put it mildly (one of the reasons LAL didn't do more to retain him), and Houston wanted to dump him and get back the best value they could.

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

How cool would that have been if we had gotten Darren Collison? I think that was a steal for the Pacers...

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i really dont get the hate for this missed attempt...the guy's momentum was going left and he had to come back right and under the backboard, to flip it up in time, with gasol coming close and the backboard about to interfere with his follow through. It wasnt exactly a normal layup.

17. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Yeah.. take collison.. then trade lowry to cavs for boobie and 1st. :)

18. mms

mms Member

I bet the other guy is brother Brooks.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Interesting. Trading the only player on our roster that had already won a ring. Keeping them hungry, I like it. :eek:

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Couldn't agree more. This team is 100% RED now.