1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chad Ford Insider] Hou working on 4 team deal [Update: Done Deal - Ariza for C Lee]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Convictedstupid, Aug 11, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What? NO????

Leeb, where you at my brother?

;)

DD

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

thanks for clearing that up...i guess it's one of those money moves that wont make complete basketball sense. I do like Lee though. I guess morey has longer plans for battier than we expected.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Looks like its going down. Bad bad move.

4. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

5. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

I don't get the whole salary dump idea, if we want to win now we have to pay.

Ariza is a much better defender then Courtney Lee, he was starting to show what he can do after we got Kevin Martin. Makes no sense

Unless the organization believes we can't win now, maybe something to do with Yao.

6. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

why would the Hornets do this? Think from their perspective, COLLISON (A franchise player) AND Posey (Same contract and impact as Ariza) for Ariza? lol wut?

7. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

Sorry but this a stupid trade for us and NO. Makes no sense. I would much rather have Ariza starting then Lee as a backup.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oh, and goodbye Jermaine Taylor, enjoy that time in the Rio Grande this year.

Sure it does, the team decided that they overpaid for Trevor and had better options in Battier and CBud.

Now, who has been saying that for about a year? Oh yeah...ME !

DD

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Confirming what Bima said...

@Jonathan_Feigen: On discussed deal, from Chad Ford's sources,w/ Ariza to NO and Courtney Lee from NJ to Hou: Rox wanted Lee in draft, would save $10 mil.

10. sew

sew Member

They want to keep CP3.

Also, IND clearly pwns everyone in this deal, Collison and Granger could be interesting.

11. G-Money

G-Money Member

Are you high?

12. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

Jonathan Feigen.. 2 cents

Why would Houston do the rumored 4 way deal?

Ariza to NO
    C. Lee to Hou
    Posey, Collison to Ind
    Murphy to NJ

Makes no sense to me, any thoughts? Is it likely to happen?

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2010/08/dont_get_your_back_tobacks_up.html#c1796875

13. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Ariza wasnt that bad maybe morey wants to dumb before everybody knows about it ..
    lee isnt bad but I like the idea of having two great premiter defenders ..

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like Courtney Lee a good bit. But, I have a hard time seeing him (maybe unjustifiably so) and Martin paired together on the wings, which means his minutes would be pretty limited. It also basically cuts Jermaine Taylor out of any shot at the rotation, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but would give us a sense of the team's feeling on him. I like having Ariza's combination of length and athleticism on the front line with Scola and Yao, and feel like it'd be missed with Battier/Budinger.

Lee is a pretty efficient player -- he put up .450/.404/.830 as a rookie which is very, very good. Combined with his cheap salary, I can see how this type of deal could be attractive. It then creates a large trade exception Morey can go hunting with, and would make it possible for us to slip under the lux tax while not really affecting the overall asset base of the team.

1 person likes this.
  15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

probably a desperation move to retain paul....CP doesnt have to worry about collison taking his spot and posey is pretty much washed up. Ariza is a younger version, but it sure doesnt help their offensive efficiency. I think TA prob ok'ed the trade since he'd have more touches in NO.

16. superden

superden Contributing Member

We should have just traded Ariza to the Hornets for Collison and Posey. Then we wouldn't have to sign Lowry (I love Lowry, but just saying).

17. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

If Lee could play SF I could see this as a decent move, considering we'd save lots of money. But he can't. Lee averaged 3.6 rebounds in 33 minutes last year. He's a SG. Lateral or backwards move IMO.

18. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

I guess this means Budinger will now play the majority of the minutes at SF or maybe thrust into the starting role.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5455472

19. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

This.

20. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

You guys act like Battier, Ariza, and CBUD are completely uncapable of playing the 2.

1 person likes this.