1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we use our NG Contracts on Bradley and Crowder??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 18pbr, Jul 5, 2017.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

not bad

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Thats why july 7th is thr next deadline that we should be looking at. We will see what happens

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

2020 1st rounder and the non-guaranteed contracts for Crowder. no point in waiting on the Knicks. Crowder-Anderson > Melo

i'm ready to do this!

Paul
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza/Tucker
    Crowder/Anderson
    Capela/Nene

Let's go to war!

justtxyank and D-rock like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

2020 1st rounder and the non-guaranteed contracts for Crowder. no point in waiting on the Knicks. Crowder-Anderson > Melo

i'm ready to do this!

Paul
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza/Tucker
    Crowder/Anderson
    Capela/Nene

Let's go to war!

rcketsfan1 and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Now, I'm going to watch that MadMax video again from The Ringer ... for like my 10th time @CCorn

Os Trigonum and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya i'm starting to wonder if morey wasn't blackmailed into forking over that package for a 1yr rental. maybe LAC threatened to file tampering charges with the league!

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I can't see why Utah wouldn't facilitate this trade - if they don't, someone else will make it happen - you are losing Gordon either way. Mind as well pick up some future assets in the process and Crowder would be keep them an elite defense at very least. I just can't see how this doesn't happen - makes too much sense for both clubs unless the Celts are looking to pick up a pick too in exchange for Crowder which frankly would be a dick move to further screw the team losing Hayward.

8. Aruba77

i mean, if another team will give them the space they need, as well as a draft pick, for Crowder, how could Boston say no? i doubt there's sentimentality involved. is it really a dick move, or just business? I think it's just business.

Why not? likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's like Groundhog Day!

Bids9 and Why not? like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doubt it. That pick is fairly worthless when you can buy a pick from 31-35 and get a way better contract.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bradley's expiring, we aren't going to pay him with Paul/Harden/Gordon in the backcourt.

Now Crowder, hell yes. Trade our 2020 1st and a couple of 2nd's if needed. Crowder is a 27 year old, upgraded version of Ariza. He'd be the perfect fit next to Harden. On ridiculous 7 mill per for the next 3 seasons. He'd be a fantastic pickup.

12. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Crowder does look like a great deal, why would Angie want to move him over 7Mil?

13. malakas

malakas Member

It is stupid and doesn't make sense.
    Which means lockeroom issues. He didn't take well when the fans were cheering for Hayward and probably they can't risk it.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah has to be behind the scenes issues.

Anyway, shouldn't get my hopes up here. Crowder would make tucker a 10 minutes per game guy and I'm sure morey promised more than that

15. Aruba77

he was publicly disgruntled over the Hayward chase. Personally i'd keep Crowder at the 4, and put Hayward at the 3, where he belongs. But what do i know.

16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

If Ryan Kelly is released (I personally don't think Morey allows that contract to become guaranteed) I believe
    there will be "NO" Melo deal between Houston and Knicks. Just my thinking personally.

Maybe Sacramento helps out by absorbing the Anderson contract. Ryno wants to go to Sacramento.
    Not sure they are willing to help.

NY knows that there is a possibility Westbrook/Paul George/LeBron heading to Laker-Land in the summer
    of 2018. Ny fancies themselves as in competition with LA. They want to be players in that sweepstakes's.
    Ryno contract kinda disrupts that. They don't have a chance with those 3.....but they may think they can get
    Chris Paul and others.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

In the real world, that is just business but the reality is that in the NBA your not going to get far if you make a habit of burning bridges - has nothing to do with sentimentality. It's just good business to keep on good terms with all teams/player/agents. There are a limited number of NBA level players, a smaller number of NBA agents, and an even smaller number of teams - it's just too small of an ecosystem. I'm not saying that Boston has an obligation to deal with the Jazz, but I am saying that all things being somewhat equal, you don't want to piss off the Jazz by taking another team's similar offer. Maybe another team is offering a unprotected first - you still give Utah the first right of refusal at the very least and say as many respectful/nice things as you can and make them be the ones who decline the deal.

You never know when you'll be pursuing a player from that team in FA at another point, interested in trading with a player that fits your strategic vision, or need a team to facilitate some game changing move you have proposed. You think about a random realistic free agency scenario where you need to pick up picks while remaining cash neutral(can't take bad contracts) to facilitate another deal - there may only be a handful of teams out there willing to unload picks for cash - lets say there are 4 teams. It doesn't help your situation if one of those teams happened to get burned by you a few years earlier...and acquisition scenarios like that are common. As a Boston GM I say, "I need a rotation player who plays X position, and there are only 5 possibly available via trade and 2 of them are out of your price range, and one of the teams is Utah. You can see how it gets tricky pretty fast.

Aruba77 likes this.
  18. Aruba77

With Sac-town signing Zbo to over $10 mil, it's hard for me to see them wanting to take on the remaining 3 years $60 mil on Anderson's contract. Yuk!

Jatman20 likes this.
  19. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

IMO, the play is to go after Bradley... which would make Gordon expendable, which would allow us to flip EGo/Ryno for Melo/Lee trade.

I love what Anderson and Gordon gave us last year. Firepower that created great spacing for Harden to thrive as a PG. But the fact of the matter is, these two are injury prone players who we took a risk on in FA and worked out for us in Year 1. But I'm not ready to forget about the injury concerns. Eric Gordon played his most minutes since 2009, Ryan Anderson played a career high in games and the 2nd most minutes of his career.

Bradley is close to Gordon as a scorer, and a better overall player w/ a lot of Bev-like qualities. Courtney Lee is another solid rotational 3nD bench guard. And Carmelo could focus on being a killer off-ball "Olympic" scorer.

Our Playoff Squad vs. (2018 changes)
    Harden
    Bev -------------> CHRIS PAUL!
    Gordon ---------> Avery Bradley
    Lou Will ---------> Courtney Lee

Ariza
    Ryno -------------> MELO!
    Capela
    Nene
    Dekker ------------> PJ Tucker

That's a MAJOR MAJOR roster upgrade to a 55 win team. This team would also be the best matchup in the league for the GSW Death Lineup.

Draymond ---- Melo/Tucker/Capela
    Durant --------- Ariza
    Iggy ------------- Harden
    Klay ------------- Bradley
    Curry ----------- Paul

GS would still be the team to beat but we'd have the best chance to take them down of anyone imo.

#79 Clown Baby, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  20. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Kings stand at $69.4 mil with Z-Bo and have to spend some money.

Houston beat writer joked that Houston would need Sac to absorb that Ryno contract and ship out some assets
    or future draft picks to make it happen. LOL.

I don't know......stranger things have happened; but what a reach that would be. Make it happen Morey.