1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we use our NG Contracts on Bradley and Crowder??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 18pbr, Jul 5, 2017.

1. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Hi All,

I am not familiar with the non-guaranteed contracts but instead of Morey trying to acquire Shumpert by using those NG contracts can we flip it and try to get Avery Bradley or Jae Crowder? Just want to hear yall thoughts.

Thanks,

Phil

Why not? and D-rock like this.
  2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

It's possible, if I recall the trade exception is about 11mil and their salaries for the upcoming season is

Bradley 8.8 mil (last year)
    Crowder 6.7 mil (3 years/21.9 left)

wouldn't be a bad pick up for either, and given Morey's relationship with the Celtics/Ainge

D-rock and 18pbr like this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't think Boston needs to wants to trade both guys.

We could definitely offer enough to get one though in non guaranteed deals if they liked what we could offer as sweeteners.

More likely they just dump Marcus smart

5. steveng125

steveng125 Member

What I read is that all 3 need to be moved (bradley,crowder and smart)

6. justtxyank

Nope just one

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i bet their asking price for Crowder is too high. Both Crowder and Hayward are pretty versatile players. I'm pretty sure Boston is not worried; and i'm pretty sure they'd rather lose a guard way before Crowder.

Crowder on that contract has got to be one of the more desirable players available right now. It's kind of the equivalent of the Bev contract. Scrappy underrated and underpaid players.

8. justtxyank

Right. They could just start crowder at the 4 in a small ball lineup

9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Bradley would be perfect on the rockets but i dont think we have the pieces

pippendagimp and don grahamleone like this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Those guys have value. Ainge wont trade them for free.

He will clear the space he needs while getting assets back.

Hes a good gm. Morey began his career learning under him

Morey said ainge is the best negotiator hes ever known.

11. Aruba77

That explains a lot. I've never seen a team rebuild as quickly and as well as Boston did after they broke up KG, Pierce and Allen. I've never seen a team as good as Boston's with the plethora of excellent draft picks they have. Sure they got a little lucky, but most of it was Ainge masterfully acquiring assets, knowing when to cut bait on vets and getting something before they are worthless. Drafting really well; etc... I really like what Boston has done. They are probably in a better place than we are to contend long-term.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah I mean worst comes to worst they could dump smart on a small market team for a 2nd in return to get the desired mac cap space for Hayward.

Tho, I would like Avery and add more ammo at our perimeter defense philosophy this off season.

IDK if the Memphis 2nd+NGs is enough compensation tho

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ainge may be a good GM, but he MUST lose one of those guys, and everyone knows it. And he MUST lose one of those guys and bring back $0.

A salary dump usually costs a pick (conditional 2nd round) - but given that those guys have value I don't think Ainge will pay to give them away. He'll be looking for a pick in return for either of them. Problem is that everyone knows he has to dump salary, so won't be in a rush to help him out unless they are certain they are getting an absolute steal.

If I had to guess, I would say he will end up dumping Smart by using either Detroit or Miami's 2nd rounder (and putting some protection on it).

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  14. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'd be all in for Bradley, but don't see any way for us to get him. They will want more than non-guaranteeds and a 2nd, and we wouldn't pay more for what would likely be a one year rental.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ayyyyy. I see u OP, great minds think alike!

Yes, it is possible to use those non-guaranteed contracts to get a guy like Crowder. We'd have to include a future pick, but get it done Murley!

Why not? and Pen15clubber like this.
  16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I have always thought Bradley was the perfect player next to James Harden and with Pat gone he could be that spark type of player we need... Crowder would be a good addition also.

I really hope Morey is trying to get in on this cause these guys could be big for us.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nah we are using them for some unnamed favors

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

We'd be doing Boston a favor in this situation so they can sign Hayward. I don't see why any picks would be necessary. If we had to give up anything more then NG contracts I wouldn't even worry about it

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Boston needs us to beat the Warriors. I say they give us some ammo.

heypartner and Junkyard_Dog like this.
  20. Aruba77

but guys like Jae Crowder and Bradly would really help our team, and other teams will be offering assets for the chance to acquire those players. Sure it helps Boston in the process, but the market will set the value of those players, and i'm sure as desireable players, they'll be able to get more than just a salary dump for them.

it's all about the player's market, and i think the market for Bradly and Crowder is probably really strong:
    Suns: "sure, we'll take crowder and give you the cap room"
    Utah: "sure we'll take crowder and give you the cap room, and we'll throw in a 2nd rounder"
    Indy: "sure we'll take crowder and give you the cap room, and we'll throw in a lottery protected 1st"