1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Building around Paolo and liking it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 21, 2022.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lock it up

saleem and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is a Rockets forum not Magic. Lmao

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

LMAO 109 page of sever space waste. Hahaha

conquistador#11 and aaquaa like this.
  4. Spooner

Spooner Member

Guess teams really did value Paolo. Jabari is a great fit on this roster. Really good value at 3 I’m so glad they didn’t go Ivey. Exciting stuff.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's a clown who refuses to be wrong even though he always is. Just like DD

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Paolo: Building around Magic and liking it

D-rock, slothy420 and aaquaa like this.
  7. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

I thought Paolo was the Great Savior and we would be lost without Him.
    What happened?
    How come all of a sudden Jabari's the ideal fit?
    109 pages of pure idiocy...

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  8. maj21

maj21 Member

It’s called being a fan. Jabari is a rocket so we’re all about him now, even if most of us wanted Paolo.

9. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

I get your point, but come on.
    108 pages of praises voided because we can't get the guy?
    During the last few months, the main subject (wish?) was first Chet and then Paolo. Jabari wasn't even brought up very often...
    Now he's the Supergod from Space.
    Let's be objective for a change; separate the fan from fanatic.

10. maj21

maj21 Member

Jabari was always the best fit. He brings elite shooting at 6’10” and switchable on D. That’s some exciting stuff man!! Let’s have the most optimistic outlook on this! Let’s go!!

liveguy, D-rock and aaquaa like this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I do believe Paolo is more Kevin Durant-like than Jabari. Drafting Jabari is a no-brainer because we got a player who wants to prove he is a worthy #1. And so far, hearing him talk surprises me that he dropped to us. I was thinking he doesn't have basketball mentality. I'm glad I didn't post any until now, or I would of been a Magic fan in 2022-23.

12. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

When the fans here were completely objective - pre draft when we had no idea - Jabari was the leading choice. Many, myself included, talked ourselves into Paolo as ideal because he was available and Jabari wasn’t. Why idolize what you can’t have? But that doesn’t change the fact that Jabari was the preference when all were equally “available”.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/what-player-do-you-want-to-select-in-the-2022-nba-draft.315568/

D-rock, Easy and aaquaa like this.
  13. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

So if we had landed Chet instead, he wouldn't be so skinny, injury prone, and as one member put it, ugly.
    If we picked Paolo, he would be farting rainbows while doing 720 dunks.

Serious kudos to you for admitting it.

D-rock and cmlmel77 like this.
  14. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

It is never healthy to worry about what you cannot have. However the point remains that the poll was clear that most on this site wanted either Jabari or Chet before the draft. And Jabari was the slight favorite over Cher. So it is not odd that people are more excited now. Personally I think all three will be very good players and none will be top-10 superstars. In that situation I prefer the guy who complements Jalen and Sengun the best, and I think that is Jabari.

D-rock and aaquaa like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-inside...came-the-nb-as-no-1-draft-pick-150531265.html

#2175 zeeshan2, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    TheJuice likes this.
  16. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

dragonwill and red5rocket like this.
  17. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yes, Banchero is a Magic now and therefore discussions about him belong in Dish, not GARM. Lock it up and kick it to the curb.

Because it was largely assumed he was going 1st to the Magic. I personally always preferred Jabari, but thought it was a lost cause.

No.

#2178 chenjy9, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    TheJuice likes this.
  19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I had Chet #1, Jabari #2 and Paolo #3 on my big board. However, for those weeks it looked like we were going to be getting Paolo I watched lots of video and read many scouting reports and came around to it. I always thought the other two guys would fit better with our existing roster, but I definitely think at this stage you draft best player available because you don't even know what the roster will look like by the time we're competing. And the one thing you never want to be is the guy who drafts Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan because you already have Clyde Drexler. And I convinced myself that might be what I was doing with not wanting Paolo largely due to his fit with Sengun.

But ultimately I would have been happy with any of the big three and, really, even could have gotten excited about watching the athletic chaos that would have been a three guard lineup of KPJ, Green and Ivey.

I'm excited about Jabari now because he's who we got, and, let's face it. Each of the three has their pros and cons. It's easy to get excited or be apprehensive of any of the three if that's what you want to do.

saleem, conquistador#11 and Easy like this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This thread was basically a coping thread. Most folks on this thread was hyping paolo up since drafting smith was extremely unlikely.

There are tru paolo fans but im pretty most of the folks on here were just coping

conquistador#11 likes this.