1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 15, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What's suspicious about it?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 10.33.37 AM.png

tinman, Astrodome and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no idea what you think this is supposed to prove, are you actually trying to say this topic just started in this thread?

Really?

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Takes one to know one.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No one is being thin skinned. I am engaged so I am learning. The left was quick to politicize this tragedy and I get it. Bidens america isnt great and this is a misguided chance to blame conservatives. I dont think GRT is as widely known as many of yall who study it think it is. I vow to not vote for anyone who runs ons it.

ROXRAN and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you should admit this more often

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I pay no attention to any of these people.

It's crazy to say that anyone who is a conservative is somehow associated with all this crap. Yes, I would agree with you that these fringe elements should be expunged. But I am neither a member of the Republican party nor have I ever had the opportunity to vote for them.

I would assume that most decent conservatives would not support these people or this weird theory. Actually, I would even think that most regular people, Republican or Democrat, pay little attention to such weird ass fringe theories. The ones who are obsessed with this fringe stuff are often fringe themselves, like @dobro1229 or @jiggyfly or people like that.

I have always believed that fringe left and fringe right are much closer to each other than each of them are to the moderates in the middle of the spectrum.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are we really supposed to believe that people didn’t know what those people in Charlottesville were talking about or meant when they were out there chanting?

maybe the specific phrase “great replacement theory” wasn’t brought up here until recently, but “white replacement theory” and this notion of “white genocide” sure was, and those are all the same sh*t…it’s like saying Chris Paul instead of CP3

just a few examples

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/funk-tucker-carlson.310794/page-11#post-13638974

a whole thread was made on this tweet

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...oey-b-speaking-of.308375/page-8#post-13218470

Y’all really had no clue about this widespread notion on the right that white people are under attack. That there’s some “white genocide?” U weren’t aware that this type of belief is out there?

[​IMG]

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes I do. Because I am an American who lived through the OKC bombing. Were you here when that happened? How much does that get covered in Germany? Over here in the deep south of the United States of America... yeah... we know about white supremacy ideology all too well unfortunately, and the terrorist acts that have come out of it. As someone from Germany I would think you've learned a thing or two about your nations history with white supremacy ideology. Given your nations history, maybe that history isn't something you should be pleading ignorance over like some here are doing with American home grown white supremacy ideology.

JayGoogle, fchowd0311 and jiggyfly like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Well that is certainly an interesting response.

11. dobro1229

Nice attempt here to bully people into stop talking about the subject at hand. By the way you still haven't answered the question. You've only just dismissed it as "weird" as if we aren't a country that had a freaking Civil War over white supremacy over African Americans and as if you don't live in a country that invaded other countries under the rallying cry of white supremacy yourself.

But since you want to make this about me as a bullying tactic to shut me up, let's then talk about me. Please tell me what it means to be "fringe left." Please tell me what policies and ideologies the American "far left" support that is on par with the far right that routinely traffics in the same white supremacy ideology that led to Civil wars as well as a big part of the second world war.

What policy that I support is on par with that dude??...

• Expanding Medicare in Texas??... WOW that's really going to get alot of people murdered for believing in that policy.
    • How about voting rights protections??... WOAAH WOAAAHHH how can we exist as a society because THE FAR LEFT wants to give people better access to the right to vote.
    • How about investments in renewable energy... OHH MYYY GODD!!!! we are all going to die!!!! These lefties wanting to live on a cleaner planet as well as create jobs and competition on the energy market... holy crap THE FAR LEFT has lost their damn minds with this.
    So yeah... I guess we can all agree that with policy positions like that we really have a problem with "The Far Left"... now back to the topic. Do you agree that politicians and political leaders should still be using Replacement Theory talking points despite the fact that it has been used over and over as a motivational factor for multiple mass killings?

This thread is only going 11 pages in 2 days because people like you and @Astrodome can't just say "yeah as a conservative" I wish that Republican leaders would stop using Replacement theory talking points, and I want my party to have no party in courting these hateful groups, and i'll use my vote to support candidates who speak out against this courtship instead of seeking to appease"

How hard is that to say???

#191 dobro1229, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

sounds like a nerve was touched

tinman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude.

The most watched cable news network talks about this stuff all the time and the highest ranked anchor on that network talks about it all the time its not fringe its a big part of why Trump is so popular.

The fact that you are trying to make this thing only fringe is you deflecting.

Show me a moderate Republican and I will show 10 who are "fringe".

The crazy thing is, this fringe stuff is coming from a guy who used to post so much fringe stuff hating Islam and Muslims, don't think anyone forgot that stuff.

Once again, the entire march in Charlottesville was about CRT, yet you act like this is just some stuff that nobody knows about.

Stop with the gaslighting.

JayGoogle and dobro1229 like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I haven't heard of GERT before, but Bannon and his Breitbarf has been talking about "white genocide" since before self proclaimed Two-Termed Orange One was elected.

All these acronyms... :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 9.00.55 AM.png

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. dobro1229

But Astrodome... it doesn't need to be politicized. Why can't you guys on the right just stop playing footsies with what you know is extremely dangerous ideology?? You know better dude. I'm not a Republican so I cannot change the party from within but as a voter on the right yourself, you have some abilities here in Texas especially to push for this crap to be exorcised out of your party. It's not enough for you to say that this doesn't make YOU PERSONALLY commit hate crimes.

Look what happened to Al Franken because the Democratic party in America was wanting to be better about practicing what we preach about respecting women. I'm not asking for you guys to go even that far with people in your party that directly court white supremacists but you guys need to have a come to Jesus moment on this topic and there needs to be some level of cleansing of the party or else... to be frank... people are going to die more and more as hate goes more mainstream.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

How does that make sense. The shooters whole premise and motivation came from topics politicized by the right. It was 'politicized' the second those thoughts came into his head.

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

it’s idpol

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

the main one who politicized this massacre was the shooter himself…He wrote a whole manifesto explaining his reasons for the shooting, and they were all political/right wing talking points were they not? It’s one party pushing all the sh*t he wrote in his manifesto is it not?

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I get the feeling that GRT is going to get the CRT treatment -- every time someone uses the shorthand, someone else will object it is somehow not the right term.

Don't get bogged down in semantics arguments. GRT is plain old xenophobia, just with a spin on conspiracy. Fear that your culture will be subverted and perhaps that your own cultural hegemony will be undermined. Not all xenophobes are going to believe there is literally a liberal plot to reduce whiteness, but they'll see white genocide as a consequence anyway. It's a distinction without a difference.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

INTERPOL should snatch anyone using acronyms.

Os Trigonum likes this.