1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funk Tucker Carlson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Mar 11, 2021.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Which is a big part of the problem, and the hypocrisy. When lefties confront those on the right like this, they are viewed as heroes. But when THE EXACT SAME THING happens the other way, they are vile evil people.

Can't have it both ways. Which is it?

TheresTheDagger and Astrodome like this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

Well if she hated this country she could've stay

If she hated this country, she could've stayed in Somalia and joined her choice of extreme organizations that hate this country and do something about it.

Instead she moved here, she got educated here in our system, spent years doign that, then she respected our democractic process rahter than screaming and hollering in the streets like antifa, she ran a campaign and she talked about a lot of things that almost politicians in every city on the left talk about, but because shes an immigrant that wears a scarf, it is far more controversial

you see she has to pass the muslim purity test. Have a few coworkers explained, even thoug hthe were born and bred texans, that after the Pr on those scary foreign looking dudes who hate us who share similar physical traits of the neighbors grilling next to us but are americans that they had to sort of prove they were patriotic. Its a real thing sadly and I get all the angles even if I don't agree with it

Heck the right and many others who are against foreign intervention have called out our billions of subsidies to israel....which turs right around and they spend it on american arms. But that doesn't goto the govertnemnt. Here how it works, the arms war business creators lobby and campapgin to american politiians, those politicians take our american tax paying resources and grant it to irsael for 'ssafety'. Irsael in turn turns aroudn and buys huge arms deal from our companies and all parties are happy....but essentially they've taken amercans money and put into prvate coffers of these companyies that lobby

-we can argue of the importance of israel, but the way they do this, is that good for americans?
    -And she has said the EXACT same thing about saudi...a muslim country? so that doesn't get as reported but that shows its more of a principal, not anti semitic, not some muslim loyalist, she is thinking o her version of america

-With that we have citizens who believe our democracy is a sham, that we're not effective at it. We have a previous president that has said America is not good intentions while defending russia, has critisized a lot of our policies and ways of america being stupid but don't worry, he hugged a flag so when he critisizes and wants to change america, hes patriotic
    -when the muslim woman does it, she hates america? How is she different from Bernie or many other lefitist?

I disagree with her in a lot of ways ,frankly I disagree with how she articulates which IMO does more harm than good

but this whole gig of if you lvoe america don't critisize while that is literally what we do in the political sphere. TO love america is to love freedom of speech and democracy that its run for and by the people, that means governing and shaping the country and taking ideas and continuing to grow.
    = As mentioned, theres very few who have insulted america like Trump verbally, yet hes considered patriotic

-And america was birthed on saying king george can't tell us waht to do, we don't want a centralized unchecked power and taxes, we want to have the freedom to govern ourselves, that means not just blindly rolling, thats a culture of being a part of our civic process and feeling it demands change

So when the woman in the 1970s continued to protest as they were, they barely were allowed to have their own credit cards at that time...they didn't hate the country, they lvoed it and beleived our process works to where tehy can shape it unlke china, north korea, somalia, saudi, etc.

So in the civic rihgts movements of mlk, demanding america continue to do better and raise to our ideals, did he not love our country or did he hate it?
    When current republicans like trump talk about america needing to be great agani, meaning its not now, and they cte ideal in the constitution to go back to, they hate this coutnry and want to change it?

Nothing is more comical when I see foxnews say shut up and dribble, telling american citizens not to participate...wonder what they really feel about the american middle class or plumbers making their voices heard? Heck the irony of a millionoaire pundit sitting in a coastal city high rise whose paid by a fox that is owned by foreigners telling the rest of the country how to love the country and act and when to shut up....not sure if anyone hates the idea of freedom and america more than them?

BigDog63 and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya... Probably the content of their views and the damage they've done by spreading said views is what is the differentiating factor?

Like I would assume you would see a difference in morality between someone confronting MLK vs Hitler in the manner the fine gentleman did in the video.

4. fchowd0311

You don't love this country. You love a certain tribe in this country(white Christian culture) but you don't love what this country truly represents at its best, which is a beacon for the oppressed around the globe to come here and make it and be apart of this nation.

You aren't a patriot. You are just tribal.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. DonatelloLimestone

who on the other way?
    I think its just the polarized twitter sphere and then fox/cnn the polarized ones catering to their bases where the clmiate speaks like its sports teams

most americans are reasonable although I've never seen a situation where they have trump flags over american flags and still do evern after he loss
    if biden lost and they still had biden flags flying over american flags close to a year later I'd be just shaking my head ust like i am when they here trump scream and cry abotu me first victim and trump first policies and his usual shill of "ihave a solution and cant tell you what it is, but only i can do it" people that stupid deserve a stupid leader lying to them, sadly that leads to **** for our entire country. The principles that trump did right, and he did some, were general conservative principles as in less regulation etc. MAny others could do the same thing and they act like the guy reinvented the wheel...because he said so.

Lol his appointments when he said he would 'hire the best' were comical, typical swamp like creatures and he himself said elain chao is compromised by china...while he tried to insult Mitch....but of course trump supporters couldn't put two in in two that trump apponited her
    appointed devos, appointed pruitt....all have their own corruption.

Did anyone find it funny or surpising that JAred and Ivanka essentially ran half the country? What are their credentials? Jared was first featured in books before anyone heard of him bc his pop, who had no connection to harvard, donated 2 million right before him and his brother got accepted and they were average students.
    -Then he went and took his fathers millions and invested in print media, the observer, right before the nternet media took over.
    -He also bought the most expensive showcase sixth avenue building..right before the market crashed
    -he finally got bailed out as he was due on payments by qatar...after negotiating with qatar in trump's cabinet
    -Then ivanka, her whole private business expeirience is working for her father and having a lifestyle brand also from the same pathway sources as her fathers lifestyle products...ALL MADE IN CHINA lol but dont worry they know how to fix it and won't tell you how, but only they know how and they didn't apply it to their own business?

I mean the dude really floated ivanka as head of world bank. This is the closest **** we've seen to a monarchy since prince george which a family has unchecked power. ITs embarassing when hutner does it, its embarassing when the trump clan does it...

So thats the thing, how is this surprisng. I get governtemnt needing to be more efficient, I agree with that. I could see how a successful businessman could help, but how about someone who has operated a massive large scale operation with a lot of people in the company rather than a guy who inherited his money from his father, ran a private business with less than 50 employees and his family running the entire show, and then even then had 14 bankruptices and failed decisions but was lucky neough to be rich to weather it.

IT was always there though, you can see it his quotes and he knows he can sell people a dream.

“The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.” Donald J Trump

-Just like he said at a rally in 2017 where he said I said it was rigged, but now i don't care bc we won. Or recently he said if its a negative story i'll just call it fake news. Or when he said he thought draining the swamp was a dumb slogan but people cheered so he went with it. or when he said he loves the poorly eduated

I'm all for a disruptor from this terrible political two party hold so in that way I cold welcome a guy like trump, but this guy? the lying con with reciepts? nah...

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Negative influence and misinformation yes that's the only why he will factor his continued lying is leading a very dumb group of people.

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The way it is just so we are clear is that when people like Tucker Carlson are doing things that are literally getting people killed, they should be shamed in public for it, and should be challenged for what they are doing by the general public.

When someone who just reports the news normally, or say the nations leading health expert on infectious diseases get harrased or threatened with violence then that is wrong. A normal news reporter getting challenged out in public similar to what happened to Tucker here is fine on both sides as long as there is no threat of violence of harassments. Doctors however should be treated respectful regardless. If Wolf Blitzer was next to me waiting in line at Starbucks, I think it is well within my rights to tell him who I am and tell him that I believe he could do a better job for our country if he didn't sensationalize politics and cause divisions by injecting unnecessary drama, etc. etc.

But Tucker Carlson is neither a doctor nor a journalist. He's a propagandist, a liar for profit, and is in the business of tearing down our democracy even at the cost of American lives. He is evil, and a threat to our nation. I do NOT believe he should be attacked violently, but he does deserve to be shamed for what he is doing to our country.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

The biggest long term issue with Carlson isn't his vax misinformation.

It's his white replacement theory rhetoric and he's the most prominent mainstream personality who spreads it in the news media. His rhetoric is straight out of pre-Nazi Germany.

Nook and dobro1229 like this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You're right. He could lead a movement more dangerous that Trumpism that leads this country into a place I don't think most are prepared for.

But right now in this moment there is direct blood on his hands with his anti-vax crap. It's not subjective. It's plain as black and white that he right now is getting people killed, and I'm sure the lawyers at FoxNews are just assuming that a class action lawsuit is right around the corner but there's not much they can do about it because their boss is so hellbent on destroying democracy that it's a risk he's ready to take.

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Since when did you become all seeing and all knowing about what I think or feel? Never, to help you out there. But typical reaction from the left....both condescending and alluding to deification on their part at the same time.

The degree of stupidity in this post is pretty outstanding, though...so you've got that going.

It is noted, that despite you copying my post, which was satire if you read what it referenced, your total failure to provide any evidence whatsoever, much less anything convincing, to refute the point is completely expected, and duly noted. Bzzzt, thanks for playing, you are dismissed.

#210 BigDog63, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    TheresTheDagger likes this.
  11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You mean like most of the things that come from the left, right? What about all the talk AGAINST the vaccine, which is now causing many to not get vaccinated, which is literally getting people killed? Or the outrage AGAINST implementing travel restrictions when this started, which would have led to literally getting people killed. Or the abolish the police talk, which is literally getting people killed. Or the failure to recognize the economic ramifications of the COVID restrictions, which leads to increased depressions and suicides, and therefore, is literally getting people killed?

So, the same as, say everyone on CNN, MSNBC, etc, then?

You know, just to be clear.... You are saying that pretty much everyone in the media should be publicly shamed? Which I could probably get behind...but I suspect that's not what you mean, even though it IS what you are saying and advocating.

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

So, he should move back to CNN, that's your point??

I suspect it hasn't dawned on you that that is EXACTLY what they and the rest of the MSM do...and that you then fall into that latter category?

No, probably not...

13. fchowd0311

No restrictions means more hospitalizations and more deaths which leads to...

Economic shutdown. So either way economic shutdown would happen in a pandemic. One route has less deaths and if followed correctly decreases the time in a pandemic and the other night have some short term economic benefits but will cause more deaths and eventual economic shutdown anyways.

So your claim of other media outlets causing deaths because of advocating for redirections ignores the only other option: no restrictions. Which causes more deaths and also economic collapse which then causes what you listed such as depression, suicide etc.

Tucker Carlson's biggest problem also isn't his anti-vax stance though it's a more immediate leasing concern. It's his white replacement rhetoric.

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Rather than bother with the various things in your post I might disagree with, I think better to point out where I DO agree. This is one of them

I'm not sure how true this is today, and the above makes it harder and harder. Absent the constant media polarizing barrage, though, probably true.

Felt the same way, initially. Had long thought a businessman would be a good choice....he wasn't who I had in mind.

Again, agree with many of your sentiments, but would have to ask...how did this turn into something about Trump? Nothing in the thread or post is about him....

15. DonatelloLimestone

I think its ust lke biden, anyone who is shaping or inspiring the thought of half of our country is going to find their ways to tie in to. its like the guys whoask why bring tilman in it and of course ideally i don't want to think of his sweet face, but the one who sets the mandate, budget which trickles down to every single decision of the franchise sorta matters

so yea, trump continues to shape half the county, lead the though, and was the president for the last 4 years and looks to be the contender to be the lead candidate for the R in 2024 too while also endorsing and shaping candidates in 2022. I've never quite seen this kind of power and allegiance
    so he is just a major force

and tucker also, who has made some reasonable points, has seemingly become partisan for the things he critisizes obama for, he feels hes dividing the ountry with his rhteoric, or about biden...he for some reason continues to be quiet when its about trump playing to the gyus need to be thanked and appreciated publicly in ways we haven't seen outside of north korea, china, saudi, and india and tucker just plays right into it. its effective, its a popular niche

but to not see the ties and how they are combined in what they are selling is hard to do for me at least.

BigDog63 likes this.
  16. DonatelloLimestone

yea but he does shape the direction of the countryhttps://apnews.com/article/mar-a-la...-ap-top-news-2b6d1118e69841ebdfd722fbd99e21e0

So we got tucker leading our pandemic response, dumbass jared leading the way on middle east peace(took away all our leverage), Ivankas doing the exact same thing as hilary..taking loads of money from suadi and putting it towards women empowerment hilariously,
    and kim kardashian and kanye are running our prison reform

We asked for a reality show guy, we got the reality show guy.

I wonder what Ja Rule thinks of all this?

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

This was a very fair and pointed response. Which this thread desperately needs more of...

I might disagree with some of it, but that's besides the point above. Could probably have a reasonable discussion on it, which I certainly couldn't say for most of the drivel in here.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yes, Tucker is hypocritical, just likely all of them. I HAVE seen him criticize Republicans and Republican policy. I don't watch him, or most of the others, on Fox or elsewhere, much anymore though....tired of it all.

I have zero issue at all with people criticizing him. All good. I do take exception to said criticism when it is rife with hypocrisy itself. That just boils down to 'I don't like him'. Which is fine, like who you want. But don't assume that that makes you some sort of national decider on who is evil or not, which too many here and everywhere have done. Someone can disagree with someone, on anything, without becoming some sort of evil person. That that seems to not be the case most times these days is why I would tend to disagree with your statement that most people are reasonable. Certainly online at least, most people are completely irrational and unreasonable. Just read this thread and you can clearly see that.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  19. DonatelloLimestone

The problem is, there were god damn riots on the street bc the police selectively applying their laws. As in poor income places and communities getting dealt with drug charges and misdemeanors for non violent things while hunter biden runs around in his underwear full of coke and biden asks for compassion, whle he also kicks out any accomplished white house staff who has smoked weed

basically authorities can be dumb and ass holes. I get we need to enforce, just like with seatbelts or non violent mar1juana is this really the best way to efnrice to make issues to our legal system. what will it do to lower income communities who get stuck in that jail and bondy cycle if they rack up misdemeanors when they are also least likely tofollow these policies or vaccinate?

We just put more strain on an overwhelmed police system, create more animosity to give them a vehicle to harass teh community over small ****

Its fine for businesses to require and enforce, bringing in laws and police, just like if you think smooking is bad, but bringing in police to arrest and putpeople n jail is terrible

https://nypost.com/2021/04/05/video-shows-family-kicked-off-spirit-flight-over-mask-spat/

20. DonatelloLimestone

When you click over this section, it says monkeys fleeing poo at eachother which seems to reflect the coprporate media model

good to know houstonians and clutch fans are better than the Don Lemon, Rachel Maddow, Tucker Carlson, Hannity model of dividing and conquering american people