1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Bleacher Report] Biggest Red Flags for Projected 2021 NBA Draft Lottery Picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flamingdts, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I actually think Green and Mobley have roughly similar upsides.

Green really struggles at seeing the floor as a playmaker and that really limits his impact. He can improve SOME in that regard, but he isn't ever going to be like T-MAC or LeBron or Harden or even a Lillard for that reason.

Mobley has a lot of upside if he shoots well. He can be a very good 3/4 if his shot develops and he struggles defending the post. He is just a really high end athlete, the highest in this draft. He is so fluid, and at this point his skill level lags behind his physical ability.

HTXSportsAddict and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Damion Laverne

The red flags are bad, but they aren't things that can't be fixed.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Don't mind him.

Just another guy trying to suppress a truly talented young players current skill to boost up his own favorite prospect.

I like Suggs and Mobley, but I still think Green is the higher reward and lower risk player out of those 3.

rkh-dog and Verbal Christ like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not according to pretty much every other source, everywhere else says he's 215, so you have to question analysis by someone who intentionally misrepresented reality to add emphasis to a narrative they were pushing.

That said, the whole "skinny frame" nonsense was said about DMo as well when he was coming into the league at 222 and within a few years he was at 260. If Mobley puts in the work to bulk up, it won't be a problem. The only question is if he wants to do that or stay as quick as possible. If he's playing next to another kind of big man like Wood, he wouldn't necessarily need to bulk up quite as much because he'd have another guy sharing the load with him.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  5. Rockets4Life13

You don’t like Jalen Green, we got it.

Picking Suggs as you suggest is the p***y „i don’t want to do anything wrong“ move.

We need a franchise guy. You take the potential top 5 player, not the perennial top 20 guy that will take you right into mediocrity. Aka Jalen Suggs.

Denovo likes this.
  6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I'll take the young unicorn player and develop him. Can't teach 7 ft long and athletic. He is already comfortable putting the ball on the floor and attacking the rim (that skill will get even better in time). Good passer, high BBall IQ, and has good shooting form, just needs confidence in his shot. Putting on weight is natural, i'm sure he is already starting his workouts to add muscle to his frame. In 2-3 years we could have a 7 footer who is capable of handling the ball to create his own shot from anywhere on the floor and he can switch on anyone to defend them. Finding a scorer is not difficult. We have a lot of other draft picks to find a scorer.

How many years have we complained about being too small at PF and C?? Well now we can fix that.

7. Rockets4Life13

I remember a story that KD was incredibly weak at the draft combine. He really failed at the bench press and that raised questions about him being too weak to ever be good in the NBA.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The jillions of dollars he's about to acquire will buy him a lot of Beck's Prime: California burger, side of fries.....

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, whatever happened to that guy?

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah I could see Mobley being so versatile that we can actually play him and wood and another big all together at the same time especially if can develop average 3pt shot.

Otto Porter Jr on steroids
    Andre kirilenko on steroids

Either way Mobley just offers so many options going forward to be able to play whatever style Stone and Silas want to go.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

Suggs is 5 pounds lighter than Mobley.

Pick a Jalen and move on. Stay away from frail, unmotivated big men. KAT, Ayton and Embiid were 250 lbs coming out of college. Mobley is 210 pounds.

Denovo and Jayzers_100 like this.
  12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I hope this is an Ayton, Luka, Trae situation where we almost can't miss with whoever we pick.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And yet you want Suggs, who had 2 assists out of isolation on the ENTIRE SEASON, as a point guard.

That's absolutely insane.

joshuaao, Denovo and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  14. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Green is a better athlete than Mobley; he’s just not as physically gifted with size.

Mobley needs to put on weight and that can often lead to injuries for men of his size.

When Curry was coming out, they thought he was going to be strictly a shooter.

For some reason, we like to put these guys in a box w/ player comparisons, when in reality, these men are trying to create their own lane.

To me, Green has a ton of comparable attributes to star players as well as the ability to recognize where he must improve. His passing and playmaking will improve.

Green is brimming with confidence and exudes a love of the game, while Mobley (in my opinion) doesn’t seem to show that same confidence or love of the game.

Green’s a hooper. I can’t say I feel the same about Mobley. He’s just a tall man who can play some ball.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fapped.

Jontro likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cuttino was a hooper.

17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Yao Ming had the biggest red flag of them all and he done great.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Greg Oden and Sam Bowie, those Blazers......

19. Rockets4Life13

Classic college hype. If Jalen Green would've played in college and put up 30 ppg he would be consensus #1.
    People out here thinking that guys playing for a spot on an NBA team are worse players than a bunch amateurs in college

rkh-dog likes this.
  20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think its pretty clear cut.

If those rumors are true and Pistons actually pass on Cade, then get Cade. If not then get Green.

joshuaao, slothy420 and Jayzers_100 like this.