1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bands You Just Don't Get

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Poloshirtbandit

They don't really count as a "band" I guess, but Outkast. Aside fromtheir first album I just never understood why people like them so much.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Yeah that was a few years before I was into the music scene and I was never able to get into him retroactively. He was already the born in the USA boss and I've just never been able to break that stereotype.

For my wife her hated band is Boston. 2 notes in to an song and she's reaching for the dial.

3. MystikArkitect

Referring to the George Harrison solo version, which sounds amazing. Also has different lyrics than the Eric Clapton version, which I still don't find poppy at all. I have every album, just can't get into them. It's the Doors for me, if I had to choose a 60's band.

4. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

U2, I have never got into them.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Pretty much any band beyond the 90's

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I HATE The Smiths/Morrisey, The Cure and bands like them. Depressing, make-up wearing crap.

7. GIGO

GIGO Member

4 U Deckard

March 10, 1974 @ Liberty Hall, Houston, TX
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/efLelUQkir0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

March 9, 1974 @ Liberty Hall, Houston, TX
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JNi6EFJU8E8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

U2
    Journey
    Stevie ray
    Boston
    Eminem
    Mana

9. the shark

the shark Member

"The White album" and "Abbey road" "poppy"?
    I guess if you don't like it you don't like it. For a point of reference what are your top five favorite bands?

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Despite their popularity -- The Vast Defrons always seemed odd IMO.

11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Radiohead

Green Day

just never really liked their music

12. Christopher

Christopher Member

Iron maiden.

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I love journey, classic rock, simon and garf but im in the same boat about the Beatles. Other then here comes the sun.

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Rush and Styx

15. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

The Doors. Best band EVER

16. conquistador#11

I never got rage against the machine. i'm for the struggle of the people but jesus christ on a cracker cookie it's just a bunch of loud noise and screaming.

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Agreed about the Beatles. Unspectacular voices, lukewarm lyrics...I think they were pioneers of their time, but largely, because competition wasn't as strong. That isn't their fault..technology wasn't the same. Overall though, I will never understand the hype and I would rather not listen to their music altogether.

Listening to the radio in the car has become a painful task, but I don't think it would be easier for me to be alive when the Beatles were at their so-called best...just don't understand that music.

Not a band, but the people who get down to that allegedly "catchy" music that lacks substance, or in my opinion, musical artistry. Specifically the Black Eyed Peas, or more recently, Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" type of stuff. That song alone is incredibly obnoxious to the ears, but people love it. I can't stand it. I was equally disappointed that T.I. decided to be on that type of crossover track.

I don't get the "Radioactive" type of song either...people love it. The concept of the song is mildly r****ded, but I guess people find the sound catchy.

Also: Country music. Either I cannot relate, or the sound and lyrics are just...unappealing to me. It seems like every Country artist changes his or her voice to sound, well, I guess from the country. In interviews, these artists sound very different than when they manipulate their voices on a song. All I hear in my mind is some backwoods, tight-jeaned- Tennessee type of shii...stuff. I also don't understand the reasoning behind a lot of lyrics, and the "old-school love" themes and "drinking whiskey because I ran over my dog in my truck on the farm" themes are redundant, and again, I didn't grow up in the country or live in that culture, if it is culture. See? I obviously don't get the entire genre. I guess I could explore it more, but to be honest, country songs put me in a horrible mood. Even when I come across a fake cowboy in public, I am slightly annoyed.

#37 Codman, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  18. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

If you took nickleback, mixed them with winger and then took a giant dump on them....you would have journey.

[​IMG]

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Totally agree. Hated Journey when they were relevant. Still hate them today.

Some bands that I used to hate as a youngster, like ELO, I can now appreciate; but Journey? They still suck.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Smashing pumpkins, great on the instrumental side but the singer is terrible.