1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bands You Just Don't Get

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, Aug 10, 2013.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Joy Division. The lead vocals sound like a drunk uncle.

Scratch that, all 80s music.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Off the top of my head. I'll also mention some albums I just don't get. I find that it's a lot of modern rap music I have the most trouble comprehending.

A$AP Posse
    Eminem of the past decade
    Thom Yorke's Eraser
    Shabazz Palaces
    Talking Head's Remain in Light (and Talking Heads are one of my favorite bands ever)
    Yeezus
    Danny Brown

3. DCkid

I definitely don't hate Radiohead but I also don't get a lot of their post-Kid A accolades. I really think they've only released one really great album since 2001, which is more than half of the band's existence.

Amnesiac - I never was able to get past these songs truly sounding like Kid A B-sides while being vaguely more guitar/rock oriented. Not a bad album, but pretty average. I don't find myself ever having an urge to listen to it.

Hail to the Thief - This is the point where I started getting the "you had me at Radiohead" vibe. Other than "We Suck Young Blood" I simply don't like it.

In Rainbows - Okay, I loved this album.

King of Limbs - Didn't hate this album, but huge swaths of it bore me to tears.

Over the same time frame they are probably the most critically acclaimed band in the world. I don't think the material reflects that, which is why I guess you could say I also "don't get it."

#283 DCkid, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  4. DCkid

I'll also add the last two Flaming Lips albums.