1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attracting Cousins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Jul 5, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

Chem wise bro. We know how talented cousins is

2. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

A scoring center has become practically useless in modern NBA offenses. Name another player that is considered among the best at his position that doesn't at least get into the playoffs?

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

2017 off-season will be the craziest ever. Cap rising and even more great players available.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

People just think hes a crazy dude

But IMO he just hates losing. He doesnt like yo be on a ****ty team. Whoever gets him and has guys thay can play, he'll get a championship

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Cousins - Nene

Potato/Potata :)

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Gotta start with trading Ariza and Bev for young assets or picks from contending teams. Something like to Miami for Justice Winslow and McRoberts. Then you hope 2 out of the group of Dekker, Capela, Harrell, Dmo, GP3, KJ look really good with extended playing time and MDA's offense.

Then if Cousins is pouty, Sac is losing and our young guys are balling you trade Winslow, Capela, and say KJ for Cousins.

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Trade the team for Cousins.

Harden + Cousins with 3p shooters and veterans. Thats the best chance of winning in the next 5 years. As it stands now, rockets have no chance against GSW and SAS.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I hate to dreamcast, but seriously, how good would Anderson look next to Boogie? That's potent as dank armpits

9. 713Genius

713Genius Member

Honestly would try to trade for Vucevic even though cousins in the better player. Cousins is a beast but dumping the team for him is not smart. He's worth it talent wise but who says the situation here will be any better than Sacremento. He might not like it here with a ball dominant player. He's the perfect fit but...

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Codman keeps referencing Brook Lopez from what I can tell. He calls him SideShow Bob's brother and refers to a guy from Jerzey that loves losing. I think he's a better fit than Cousins. Brook is not the rebounder that Cousins is, but he's a better rim protector.

Ariza, Brewer, Capela, Beverly for Lopez works. So does Harrell, McDaniels, Capela, Ariza, Brewer. I'm not sure if you can aggregate extra players to make up salary in a sign and trade, but if you can, a sign and trade with DMo might also work. If they can't add a sign and trade to it as well, Donald Sloan might be a decent pickup.

#70 don grahamleone, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Check the starting center thread, we are after another center besides Cousins and Lopez ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Codman's post in the other thread:

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Can't say this and completely disregard what a ****show the Kings are.

14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Westbrook couldn't get into the playoffs the season Durant was out and he's regarded as a top 5 player in the NBA. Also John Wall is considered a top 5 PG in the league by most people behind the likes of Paul, Westbrook, Curry, and Lillard. Didn't make the playoffs. I agree there are few examples but you can't say there are none. Hell, MJ didn't make the playoffs a few times. Same with Kobe.

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'm saying not even sniffing the playoffs over a long stretch. Westbrook didn't make the playoffs because he was injured too for nearly half the season and still managed to get a ninth seed. That's actually a good example to boost my point. He's almost dragged the whole team into the 8th seed only playing 50 something games without Durant. I would wager they make the playoffs this season if Westbrook stays healthy.

Wall is a borderline example but he has made the playoffs as recently as last season (meaning 2014- 2015).

I realize the Kings stink. I just think a scoring center is a relic nowadays. No one builds their teams around them anymore.