1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attracting Cousins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Jul 5, 2016.

1. craguin

craguin Member

It's in cdrive's thread:

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Roster what's next thread.

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Damn you for beating me to this.

1 person likes this.
  4. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Don't know how realistic it would be, but its definitely the kind of move Houston needs to make if they want to remain even remotely relevant. Sounds like a move that would get in the way of D'Antoni's and Harden's vision for the team. One thing in your favor is Sucramento is a franchise that seems more interested in trading their talent than paying it. Have to admit I'm intrigued by the thought of such a move.......the same way I'm intrigued by the thought of a night with Irina Shayk.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

We have nothing Sacramento could want

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

DMo, rookies and our 1st rounder

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

so ...the clean cut Lopez brother?
    Kevin Love?
    Boogie?
    still maybe something going down with Philly (Okafor?)
    Phoenix having a fire sale (Bledsoe)?

my only concern is that i don't think we have assets to be big players in the trade market ...and that is really frustrating. But i hope Morey proves me wrong.

8. craguin

craguin Member

I thought about in the Random Trade thread since it really belongs there (click here).

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not saying there isn't a possibility Cousins has a Zach Randolph like career transformation. I'm not saying Cousins can't learn to be a winner, a more efficient player, a better defender. I'm not saying Cousins has been done any favors by being in that horrid Kings organization.

But I am saying, as is, there's a lot of risk to even acquiring him... even assuming you could.

He strikes me as a guy needing a VERY strong locker room around him. A VERY strong organizational culture. The Rockets could certainly get there. They were seemingly pretty close just 12 months ago, but as we now know, it was more of a facade. But if MDA comes in and puts a clear stamp and system in place, even if it isn't defensive focused, and if James Harden takes a little better to being the clear, obvious, vocal leader... than it could work.

CLEARLY, if you can trade for a 27/12 guy, you absolutely do. And you'd clearly hope that in an MDA system, that horrid 45% fg% goes way up... but it's a risk.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Send them Beasley, Bev, Brewer and Capela.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

If Booogie is winning, his demeanor will change. I think. :) Get it done Maury!

12. JayZ750

I'm not sold he can ever change, but its certainly possible.
    Even if he is still a bit of a headcase, just being him, with a FG% over 50%, would be great. He's dominant then.

That said, the Rockets don't have the assets.

It'd have to be a 3 team deal. The Sixers are an obvious third team, as you can see the Kings happy with Okafor. But do the Sixers want Ariza, Bev, Capela, picks??

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think maybe you're selling Boogie too short. Yes he was really immature coming in to the NBA, but as someone who remotely kept tabs on him I think its amazing he has become the player he is despite playing in the hot mess that is Sacramento Kings, I don't think anyone can develop well when you're fighting with the coach and the team is losing. Even the horrid FG% doesn't look so bad if you consider he is always the main focus on his team and the guys he always played with a brickers, I mean if I was defending Sac I'd leave Gay and Rondo open all day and just focus on Cousins.

Not sure this happens but if it does I'd consider Morey's job to be secure for the next 5 years, this will almost guarantee Harden resigns a line up of Cousins/Anderson/Harden/Ariza/Bev has a chance against anyone. I mean even just last year if we had a good scorer at the PF spot I think Rox get 4rth seed pretty easily instead of relying on Dwight and brick bros Bev/Ariza as the 2nd option.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can someone link me the thread where Codman posted that plz?

15. craguin

craguin Member

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Not if she's hot and you never met or known her.;)

18. JayZ750

I'm not saying you're wrong. The Kings are a trainwreck and have been, clearly.

But I am pointing out, even with that, there's no need for Cousins to be complicit in that train wreck. To gout of his way to fight with almost every coach.

As for shooting, again, agreed partly. One would have to assume, on any team other than the Rockets basically, he'd maybe get better looks. But even with that, I've seen him way too many times pull up for jumpers that he had no business in taking. Here's his shot chart: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/couside01/shooting/2016/

Not to be that DM geek no mid range guy... but for Cousins, stop taking mid-range jumpers. Not that hard. He shot 215 shots from 16 feet to the 3 point line, at 36%. Eliminate those entirely. Then work on that 3-16 feet jumper - which he also shoots very poorly. And improve the 3 point percentage.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

So they will put up another billboard of great centers and have Cousins featured?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Attracting Westbrook or Griffin(Plan A)
    Attracting Griffin or Westbrook(Plan 1A/B)
    Attracting Cousins(Plan C)
    Attracting Butler(Plan D)
    Attracting Bosh....(Pla...nope, don't want him.)

Then a bunch of "other guys" rumored to be available/semi-available
    Eric Bledsoe
    Rudy Gay
    Taj Gibson
    Kevin Love
    Paul Millsap
    Greg Monroe
    Nerlens Noel
    Jahlil Okafor
    Ricky Rubio

Some 2017 FAs
    ATL: Paul Millsap(PO)