1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Astros vs. Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 3, 2005.

1. msn

msn Member

I skimmed to the bottom of the "fans' whining" section and saw this gem:

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sh...005/10/09/going_going_gon.html#comment-159671

Cool. (but I still hate the Braves :D )

By John
    October 10, 2005 12:43 PM
    Hey y’all. I’m from Houston - born and raised there. I grew up watching the ‘Stros go to the playoffs and, each time, being kicked out by the Braves. I hated the Braves. I hated the Falcons and the Hawks by proxy. I hated the city of Atlanta, Coca-Cola, Ted Turner (well, I’m still not too fond of Turner), and everything that was even slightly associated with Atlanta. Why? Each year, I saw my heroes, Biggio and Bagwell, go home empty-handed. Each year would get my hopes up, and the Braves would utterly trash them.

Then came last night. Suddenly my hatred for the Braves and the city as a whole disappeared. It was like watching the movies: two warriors just fighting it out. You get to that point where someone just wants to end it; someone just wants to throw in the towel and tell Rocky he’s had enough, but they just keep going. It was beautiful.

Y’all played a hell of a game. Sure, there were a couple of errors, but after a game like that, Braves fans have nothing to be angry about. After all, it’s not all the time that your team plays in a game that eclipses the World Series.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Just thought I'd post my experience..

Pissed that I was in Houston and couldn't go to either game. Wedding on Saturday, flight out at 1 pm on Sunday.

Watched 2+ innings at the airport, boarded down 4-0. Landed, got a call from my brother saying "call me back about the game". I thought "holy crap we won". He says we're tied in the bottom of the 11th.

I finally make it home for the 14th and see 4 innings of awesomeness. So I caught 2+ innings in Houston and 4 innings in DC. PRetty freakin sweet ;)

(and if I HAD gone to the game and taken a late flight...i would've had to leave early to catch it!)

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I didn't suggest posting anything there. I just passed it along as entertainment.

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Ask and ye shall receive...

And now I'm hoping for the same in return...

Please tell me someone captured the final 7 innings of the game to DVR. I need to get the game recorded to my PC, and my DVR only caught the first 11 innings. Anyway, if you do, email me mmolinajr@gmail.com

#2144 Miguel, Oct 10, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:( Sorry man, I just deleted it last night. I recorded it because I had to pick up my sis from the airport. and missed the 9nth inning. But kept it recording.

On a side note, that was the best weekend ever!!!! :D I've never been anywhere as much fun as MMP was saturday.

6. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I have the final 7 innings of the game recorded on my Time Warner DVR , but with that said I have no clue how to help you out with your "need to get the game recorded to my PC".

How does one go about getting that accomplished?

7. Miguel

:mad: :( :eek:

Someone has to have it...I just hope to get to them before they delete it.

8. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

those text messages took forever to type, thank you very much!

9. Miguel

At this point, I'm ready to settle for getting a VHS tape of the action. I assume you don't have a PC TV Tuner card, so having you capture it is probably out of the question. Also, I doubt you'd be willing to have a total stranger come to your house and set up his PC for 2-3 hours...so yeah.
    If you could make a tape of like, innings 11-17 on one tape, and then 18 and whatever else you captured after the game on a 2nd tape, that'd be just GREAT....I'll pay for the tapes, and a toss you some extra bucks.

If you can do any of the above...please email me at mmolinajr@gmail.com

10. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

I bought it last night. I wish they had this for the NBA. The video file of the game is about 1 GB.

11. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The Atlanta Braves are the modern day Brooklyn Dodgers.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

If you are willing to pay, why don't you just buy it from MLB.com? It's just a couple of bucks.

13. Miguel

DRM
    You can't encode to other formats/burn to Video DVD from the MLB.tv games, unless you want to take the time to crack the DRM.
    I want to record the games, as well as make highlight clips out of the games for each series. More of a personal project thing than wanting to pay to download the game.

14. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

You are right, no high tech stuff like that for me...

Anyways, that seems like an interesting possible purchase.......How much is a PC TV Tuner card & where can you find good deals on those items?

I do not have any video tapes at the moment and I am going to play hoops tonight so how long are we talking about before you would like to see this stuff in your possession :cool:

E-mail me at ron413@hotmail.com if you want to finalize some kind of gameplan /or maybe we can figure out the details here. My VCR is not connected to my DVR box correctly so I need to figure that wiring stuff also:)

#2154 ron413, Oct 10, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  15. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

Move over Chris Burke, Jeremy Pena joining you on the pedestal!

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If you don’t know why now is the golden era of Astros baseball… just go back and re-read this thread and realize what it was like to root for a team with the bare minimum of playoff success and was a total blip on the national stage when it came to baseball.

The fact that the Chris Burke game is now a glorified footnote in this franchise’s playoff history is phenomenal.

msn likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson