1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros vs. Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 3, 2005.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

Im with Max ....saying your team doesn't deserve to win is just a desperate cry for attention out of pure frustration

the team that deserves to win is the team that DOES win IMO

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was at the game yesterday...had standing room only tickets and went with my 5 year old son.

Greatest game I've ever seen. I was at both Rockets championship games in 94 and 95. I was at the Texans 19-10 win over the Cowgirls. This was it. Of course, in large measure that's because I'm a baseball-first guy. It's always been my favorite sport.

But this current bunch of Astros...I love them. Seriously. I think a lot of the doubters helped contribute to that...in fact, I'm sure of it. The Chronicle's tombstone article. Wow. I genuinely like everyone on this team.

I was absolutely exhausted at the game. My son and I found a seat in the 9th inning for the "second game." I kept telling him over and over again..."don't forget this game...try to remember what you're seeing, because you'll be telling your kids about this game one day...about being here." It was like strapping yourself into a roller coaster.

How freaking clutch was that? Berkman hit a grand slam. BRAD MOTHER FALCON AUSMUS HITS THE GAME-TYING HR???!!!! WHAT!!?? With 2 freaking outs???!!! Unreal!!! We were dancing around and screaming.

Then enduring the inning after inning of close calls...both for and against the Astros. The Braves missing opportunities. The Astros doing the same. Over and over again. Gut-wrenching.

But honestly...after the Ausmus HR, i KNEW they were going to win. Seriously. I kept thinking about the different scenarios for different guys who could be the hero. Kept wondering who it would be. Because I knew eventually, one of them would be. It crossed my mind everytime he walked to the plate that it COULD be Chris Burke. How great for him!!! Permanently etched in baseball history. Awesome!!!

I'll worry about the Cards later...probably later today!!! Still on cloud 9.

One more thing...the crowd was freaking amazing. I have seen Houston become more and more of a baseball town since MMP was built....and probably more so, since they became competitive year in and year out. The situational cheering is there now...and it wasn't always before. Just awesome.

GO ASTROS!!!

3. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

no, I don't regret my posts at all.

oh well though, it's done and we're on to the next series.

i'll be rooting despite what you might think

4. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

what a win what a win what a win :D

I really didn't think they'd get it done though in the later innings

sure our pitching was on fire but it just didn't seem like we were stringing anything together and in fact, we weren't

it was going to take just that, SOMEONE from either team, to hit the **** out of the ball and be done with the game

damn fine win from the stros :)

5. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

He is giving both balls back too. 610 had on the air earlier and he said he wasn't going to ask for anything in return and if they (Burk and Berkman) wanted to give him something, he would leave it up to them.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

By the way....no matter what team he plays for next year. When he is introduced in MMP coming into the game next year.

KYLE FARNSWORTH DESERVES A TEXAS-SIZED STANDING OVATION!!

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Those camera shots of Baggy in the dugout with his hat low, holding the bat, and waiting for the pinch hit oportunity sent chills down my spine.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

God I love when Farnsworth comes in the game. The Astros absolutely OWN him. The guy is not a big game pitcher at all.

9. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Now would be a good time to start collecting your money. The Sportscenter that I saw began with Stu Scott doing the highlights for the Yanks/Angels game. Just one of the many reasons I hate the "Yankee/Red Sox Network".

10. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I got to the game at 10 AM for BP......and left when they started closing up MMP....my son and i will never forget it!

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

Sounds like some of the posts we've seen around here in the past.

:)

13. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

14. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I've read a couple of their boards and I won't say most but many of their fans 'tip their hat' so to speak to the 'stros and support the 'stros against st louis.

15. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

so apparently you can buy this game as a 350K windows media video file for 3.95 on mlb.com. anybody planning on doing this? or is there going to be a torrent of the game up? (i know it would be huge, but i wouldnt care)

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wow, harsh words on AJC.com

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Chris Burke is going to be on the Jim Rome show in 1 hour.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Brad Ausmus (with that charming smile and pearly whites)-

"that was the best game Ive ever played in in my life, oh and by the way I tied the game in the bottom of the ninth with a two-out homerun"

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Un-Freakin'-believable...I was at the Cowboys game and my brother was keeping me posted...Then he and my parents called...what a game...The highlights were amazing...This is definitely the start of something special...

Go Stros!!!

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I've been searching all morning for a graphic of the June 1 tombstone, does anyone have it?