1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any love for Marcus Morris?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by monster, Jul 17, 2012.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly.

I look at it this way: If Morris had any potential as an NBA starter, he would've been absolutely DOMINATING the summer league this year. He would be the biggest thing we'd be talking about, over Lamb, D-Mo, Jones and White. Instead, some of you guys are getting all a-titter over the fact that he hasn't totally sucked. Morris looks like a kinda/sorta talented scorer who has no feel for the game otherwise. White and Jones are making HIM look like a rookie.

I was optimistic when we first drafted him, but at this point I think his ceiling is end-of-the-rotation guy. I'd rather not have him sulking around our bench all year because his brother is balling it up in Phoenix and he's practice fodder.

1 person likes this.
  2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Morris was a gifted kid when he first came to NBA, and he had a lot of potential. However, he is improving away too slow, and this really makes people question about his work ethic.

Morris is a point forward. He has been trained under a professional basket organization for a yea, but he does not show any noticeable improvement on his post moves nor shooting consistence. These are the things which he can practice alone...

Additionally, Morris knew it by the first day that he was away too slow to guard NBA 3, and I'm kinda disappointed that he hasn't lost much weight through out the whole year.

I do agreed that he is playing about the same level as Royce White in the summer league, but Royce White is a raw rookie... And this really means he is just playing about the same level last year...

On the good side, I see him becomes more aggressive and runs the floor harder in the summer league (He probably know that if he doesn't work his ass out this year, his NBA career is pretty much done). If he can keep this kinda effect for the rest of the year, there is always a chance for a young like him.

3. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Im loosing hope in Morris as well :(

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Looks like the odd man out; likely gone in a trade.

5. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Edited.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

From your post to Orlando's ears, PLEASE.

7. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Wonder if he would do any better if he was on the same squad as his bro.

8. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, I hear you. But last year he was playing at, what 230-something? And I think they made him slim down this season to try to turn him into a 3. So I just don't think he has the body to bang with the bigs down low.

If they go small ball, he could probably be a PF in that situation. But when a team's trying to change a guy, I don't think that bodes well for him.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sure -- the coach might screw up and put Marcus's name in the starting lineup instead of his brother's.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

11. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Morris can hoop. He obviously lost favor with Mchale and we ALL know once someone loses favor with Mchale/Morey you guys pile nonsense on them. The kid can play and just hate needed a chance

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Happy Birthday Mook & Keef! :p

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Happy birthday Morris brothers, hope this year Marcus is the one getting most of the minutes.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Paging Cxbby...

My answer: Nope, no love for Marcus Morris.

15. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

lets trade him and the 2014 2nd round pick from New York to Charlotte for Byron Mullens (expiring contract). Morris can play his true position at PF and we get a legitimate backup center in Mullens

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sorry, but his inconsistency has broken enough hearts.

17. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

Well I still believe in Marcus :(

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Are you his uncle?

19. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I hope he gets traded. Theres just no point in him keeping our bench warm or playing for the vipers.

20. dragonz

dragonz Member

Even he is what was advertised, a lesser Melo, do you want another Lin/Melo combo ?