1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Abortion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman95, Apr 5, 2001.

Tags:
  1. The Voice of Reason

this is becoming redicula moose

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

2. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If a fetus was 20 years old, it would be worth millions from the National Enquirer alone!

------------------
    Whitey will pay.

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Pro-Choice.

If it isn't your body, you should mind your own damn business.

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Attorney General John Ashcroft

------------------

5. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

haven: I uttered not ONE relgious word about all of this, so you'll have to find some other argument to dismiss me.

Just don't kill the innocent children. The same argument you want to extend to the mother I want to extend to the child. Would that not be fair?

Are you generally in favor of the right to kill? Are you 100% absolutely sure that little creature is NOT HUMAN?

I will insist that you prove that because you are de facto authorizing a death sentence on what may be (and I think is) a human life. I have simply said that with such high stakes (a life), the onus is on YOU to prove it's NOT a human life rather than the onus being on me to prove it is. I'm causing no death. How can you argue against that?

If you are going to DEFY LOGIC AND COMMON DECENCY, you'd better damn well have a f'kin good reason. Is that religious enough for you!!!!

Can you name one fetus carried to term that came out any way other than human? We're waiting.

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.
    PowerbizOnline.com

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yep see. TheFreak has no opinion. He is a parodistic parrot looking for words to sarcastically repeat.

7. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

"If it's not your own body, mind your own business" is what the child says.

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.
    PowerbizOnline.com

8. haven

haven Member

Richrocket:

I'm not going to question the sincerity of your beliefs, so please don't doubt my own. I'm a humanist, and I believe in freedom, and in preventing religion from interfering with the state. All of those beliefs determine my pro-choice stance.

Your assumption that someday all of us will "see the light" is also a bit annoying. Most of the world has actually already resolved the issue of abortion - in favor of a pro-choice perspective. In Europe and East Asia, abortion is accepted. Even in the United States, which is currently in the middle of a religious revival, pro-choice levels haven't dipped below the magic # of 50%.

I would suspect that Islamic states probably frown on abortion, although I'm hardly an expert in that area.

TheFreak: One last thing... I'm glad moral issues are simple for you. I truly wish they were for me as well. But because I can't really believe in a "one true God," they aren't. Perhaps you're right; I'm not an atheist by any means. I'm just not sure.

Until I am sure, I'm going to continue to try to painfully find the right answers in a personal way. I hope that my positions are justified, and if I offend, I'm sorry. But to me, it is all very complicated.

------------------
    I would believe only in a God who could dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

[This message has been edited by haven (edited April 06, 2001).]