1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB is bound to be All-Star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kyle7758521, Mar 22, 2010.

Tags:
?

Is AB gonna be an All-Star?

1. Yes

127 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

120 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. need more games to judge

47 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Really poor timing for this thread.

:grin:

DD

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Players can play on an all star level and never make it. Derek Harper and Rod strickland were really good pg's, but never made asg. Hell, williams of utah is probably the best pg and a top 10 player and made it for the first time. As long as the guy plays on the all star level, then the teams is a better team.

3. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

I say, if yao's healthy, AB is certainly an all star in 2011

4. WillG

WillG Member

I seriously doubt that. I think u mean double doubles.

5. WillG

WillG Member

:rolleyes:

Rondo has been the best player for the celtics since KG got injured last season.

6. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

If he improves over the offseason yes

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

One game is not proof of anything, no matter what subject you're discussing.

8. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I think he's already an All-Star talent. But he's got guys like Paul, Williams, Billups, Nash, hell even surprisingly for his age Jason Kidd to compete with for a PG slot in the West and unfortunately, he's not that good.

I don't expect AB to score 20 plus points again next season, though his assists will likely increase. He may make well over 200 3's also. Yao has to be taking 14-15 shots a game. He is just so efficient. This will surely decrease Brooks shot attempts per game.

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

AB is becoming a very good player. But, I don't think the team would go very far if AB has to be the no.1 option. Actually, I don't think the team would go farther than SF3 being the no.1 option.

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Sorry for the double post, but I just noticed Brooks doesn't even manage to average one steal a game in 36 minutes. That kinda shocks me knowing how lightning bolt quick he is.

I know Ariza gets his steal numbers from excellent anticipation and long arms, but seems AB could be sneaking up on people poking the ball loose at least once a game.

11. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I was thinking the opposite. Yao's presence will reduce ABs workload and overall scoring. He'll be the 2nd and sometimes 3rd option, sometimes even less on a poor shooting night where he essentially takes himself out of the game.

In addition to that, having another all-star on your team generally reduces your chances of making it. If it comes down to AB and Evans getting in for example, most coaches would likely pick Evans since Sactown won't have any other representative (probably).

12. Chamillionaire

no, too many holes in his game IMO. he gets dominated by the big PG's. look at Rose last night.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Read the rest of the thread.

It's more than one game. I didn't just say that, I talked about his excellent ALL NBA defense and his passing ability. Not only that he's shown that when called upon he can score also. Just that he rather get 10 assist then 20 points.

Here is the cold hard truth about AB. If he's not scoring how does he help his team?

If Rondo is not scoring how does he help this team? By locking up the other PG (which could also disrupt the other team) and helping guys score.

If you're judging whose the better scorer than AB is, but Rondo is much more than his 13ppg indicate.

14. parmesh

parmesh Member

Well then you did want to do it......

15. ahav05

ahav05 New Member

brooks is the best, he will be an all-star one day

16. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Yeah, you know what, I didn't watch this game.
    when i turn on the TV, it's already at the late 4th quater.
    and at that time, the score of both team were tight, and i saw AB just put some big points in this clutch time. So I made this thread without knowing that AB had a very terrible shooting percentage!

:grin:

17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

3 point contest yes, but all-star? i doubt it.

he's in his prime right now and at best he's a great 3 point shooter.

needs to develop a passing game if he wants to be mentioned with Deron Williams and Chris Paul

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

He's not in his prime yet, it's only his first full season as a starter and he only just turned 25. He needs more experience before he can be considered to be in his prime... that probably won't even be the case next season. I predict his peak performance seasons happen between 2012 and 2014.

19. choujie

choujie Member

Too early to tell. But with Dwill,Westbrook,Roy,CP3,Evans,Curry, Collison all on the same age or younger, with Kobe,Billops, Parker, Nash etc still around for a few years, with new great Guards merging out of draft, it will be very hard for AB to get there without being voted in as Yao's teammate.

20. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

OK, everybody, let me give you some hint or hope!!

What about the effect from Chinese fans?

Nothing is impossbile!!!