1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB is bound to be All-Star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kyle7758521, Mar 22, 2010.

Tags:
?

Is AB gonna be an All-Star?

1. Yes

127 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

120 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. need more games to judge

47 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

I mean, judging from the 3 points shooting in the clutch time, AB is really got a big heart, he can do something big probably in future.

Like i said before, don't trade Kyle and AB, sign them.

2. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I didn't want to do this, but

cool story, bro.

3. NewBigThree09

NewBigThree09 Member

anti-knee jerking thread? :rolleyes:

4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

You just jinxed him and he is sucking in this game.

5. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Great timing..

6. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Bold prediction, he was only the first or second guy out of the All Star game this year and he's only 25 years old.

7. heyangw

heyangw Member

His bad moves at the clutch time are far more than his game winning scorings. He will be a solid scorer, but will never be a all-star caliber player.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

Not with tonight's humiliation.

9. trugoy

trugoy Member

He is what he is, an undersized SG, notice that he played better when he was off the ball and lowry was running the show. Our offensive slumps usually happen when he decides to run around and try to create shots by himself.

Kevin Martin on the other hand is just standing around looking lost half the time, I dunno if it's him or that we are not running the offense properly but he should be way more involved in the offense.

10. G-Money

G-Money Member

SPURS ****ING WON?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? :mad:

11. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

U shold check out the # of players who r better (SGs or PGs) than Brooks in the whole league, firstly.

12. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

although we lost tonight's game, but he is able to put some big points into the rim in the clutch time to win the game.

He is poised, and he is quick, and he is shooting well with wide open.

Forget the size, what about AI?

13. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

AI is good, but he is failed in some way? Right?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Could you pick a worse time to post such a damned stupid idiotic thread, with all respect due?

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Aaron Brooks will never be Allen Iverson.

16. plates300

plates300 Member

seriously people. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, nor should anyone else. he sure has picked the worst stretch of games to be off on his shot. you know its not his night when he misses a wide open scoop shot at the rim. anyways, brooks is leaps and bounds ahead of what he was at the beginning of the season. sometimes players go through bad stretches.

Everyone here is expecting him to be a top lotto talent when in fact he was drafted at the end of the first round. Any way you look at it, Brooks was a steal in regards to where he was drafted. Sit back and enjoy the development.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe a one time all-star, perennial all-star? Nope.

He's just not good enough and there are a lot of Gs out west better than him.

Kobe
    Billups
    Kidd
    Dwill
    Nash
    Parker
    Westbrook
    Roy
    CP3
    Collison
    Evans
    Curry
    Ellis

I mean all those guys you could argue right now are better players. And most of them have not been to the game because guys like Kobe are a lock to go every year taking up a spot, then you have Chris Paul, Broy, Dwill all perennial type all-star guys and I don't think so.

18. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Collison, Curry? No way! ABZ is way better

19. sw847

sw847 Member

I got to agree with you. I am not willing to give up on AB after just 1 and half season. He was drafted out of the lottery, so no one expects him to be a lottery type player. He will always be a good scorer, nothing more.

IMO he will never be an allstar. way too many better PGs out there. Maybe if 1 year a lot of injuries happen to the guard position around the league.

It is debatable whether he should start on the rockets. so no to an allstar.

On a side note, I would love it when yao comes back that AB goes to the bench. Lowery, more of a triditional point guard who looks to set up his team mates more would probably run the offense better with martin and yao. Also with yao, martin, scola and ariza, i think we have enough offensive weapons. AB can come off the bench in a jason terry/crawford type role. Instant offense.

20. crocktees

crocktees Member

Nice comments.

Yesterday he is clutch.
    Today he is a bottom to average point guard in the league.

Knee meet jerk.