1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB is bound to be All-Star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kyle7758521, Mar 22, 2010.

Tags:
?

Is AB gonna be an All-Star?

1. Yes

127 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

120 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. need more games to judge

47 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

I think AB can be of Moe Williams caliber. Not an all star but a great player.

He's a "streaky" player, which definitely isn't a bad thing. Take JR Smith. Everyone will agree that when Smith is on, he is fantastic. However, you don't expect him to do it every night and therefore isn't an all-star.

Consistency is the what defines an all-star.

2. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

EDIT: forgot Mo was an all-star last year lol, so I guess I meant an almost Mo Williams.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah what Collison has done in his rookie season is amazing.

He's averaging 11 and 5 but he didn't really burst out until Chris Paul went out and he was forced to step up.

He's had 12 triple doubles this year. He's been playing like a future superstar and to realize this just go back to the last game we played the Hornets...

I think this guy would be ROY if he was the starter for his team like Tyreke Evans.

As for Curry. I'll give you it would be harder to argue that he's better than Brooks right now, but I think he's going to pass him up fairly quickly.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That was this year. Kobe, Paul, and Roy all missed the game, and this will likely be Brooks' best statistical season as a Rocket

IMO, this year was his best shot.

5. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

actually when i post this thread, i didn't take into account that in western conference we have so many elite PGs as you all mentioned.

As I know, AB has got the ability to play all-star game.

You know Marbury (now playing in CBA) can be an all-star, why not AB?

AB is as capable as Marbury 's peak career time.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually correcting myself because 12 Triple doubles sounds like a crazy stat, seeing as how Lebron has had 5 this year.

Yet NBA.com has him down for 12 triple doubles :confused:

What they meant was double doubles, and for a PG it is hard to get double doubles.

He ranks 9th in the NBA as a Guard for double doubles and considering he's had to share time with Chris Paul for most of the season, I think Collison has a really bright future if NOH does eventually trade him or CP3.

7. choujie

choujie Member

AB is a poor man's Marbury at his peak. Marbury was around 20/10 at his peak.
    But AB plays more team basketball.

8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

The only reason why he's putting up these type of numbers this season is because our main guy is out until next season. With a healthy Yao and Martin next season, he maybe can get 16 to 17 points a game, and as you guys may know, those numbers won't be worthy of all star numbers. His best chance to be an all star was this season, but he got snub ed by a guy that didn't even average 10 points at the time.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

the season is almost over.

10. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

AB is the weaker player compared to Marbury in his prime. With that said, Steph was nothing more then a stat player that didn't help his team win anything. AB is more of a pure shooter, and can be automatic when left open. Marbury on the other hand was a streak shooter.

11. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Put his assists and efficiency will go up next year with Yao.

12. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Believe it or not, if he could not hit shots consistently down the stretch and improve his playmaking decision on the court, he's nowhere near being an all-star in the not distant future.

He's just too streaky on his shots and one night he can't miss, the other night he just can't buy a bucket. That's not what the typical all-star point guard should have done, consistency really kills the chance of Aaron being an all-star compared to others like Chris Paul, Steve Nash, etc. At least in one category such as ASSIST, he should at least average 6 plus per game.

Still a long way to go for Brooks. In my eyes, he's an all-star on this team.

13. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Well we can't really complain about a guy that was drafted 26 in the 07 draft and was like the forth or fifth pg taken.

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well it seems like he's lost but he's not. Notice that when the offense is about to be put into play, Martin stands there for a bit, then he waits for a screen to come, and he runs off the screen for a catch and shoot.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

He'll be an All-Star. Maybe as soon as next season, depending on the improvements he makes in the off-season and the health status of certain point guards in the West when the All-Star game rolls around.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Also, all young players are streaky. Brooks is barely more than a rookie due to how little PT he's gotten until this season.

17. koopa

koopa Member

If you consider david lee and rajon rondo an all star..then yes..AB is an all star as well. But if you don't...then AB isn't. David Lee is stiff and his defense is horrible. He can rebound and score..but he can't defend and not very quick. Rondo is like a big bank with a gold mine already there..easy to perform well in that situation. Rondo is not an all star in my eyes..he's just surrounded with all stars so he can easily perform. AB is better than lee and rondo IMO...lol which makes him an all star in that sense. But i don't consider lee or rondo as all stars.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Don't know about Rondo, maybe, maybe not, but Lee's numbers pass the smell test, and his defense is highly underrated. He's actually a very active, intense defender and while his tools don't translate quite as well to that end I'd say he manages to be at least league average.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rondo is the anti-lee.

Lee puts up great numbers, Rondo really doesn't. Watch his play against Elite PGs though and you see he's on their level. IMO the guy is right behind Chris Paul and D-Will. When they need Rondo to step up he does every time and is probably the best defender at his position. I mean as far as up and coming goes, Rondo is RIGHT there with those guys he just doesn't get the credit for it.

Rondo is definitely a All-star.

Rondo is a better player than Brooks. I'll argue to the end of that, just look at his last game against Brooks. That should be all the proof anyone needs besides numbers.

Beside Rondo is more traditionally a PG. He helps his team the most with his defense and his assist.

Also his numbers are good. It's just everyone is looking at points instead of Assist. Which he ranks 4th in APG. Behind....
    Nash, Paul, and Williams.

The difference between Rondo and Lee is Rondo averages good numbers on a top really good team and Lee averages great numbers on a bad team. Usually guys don't get in for that (Lee didn't get in, he was a replacement. Rondo was voted in...)

20. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

He just doesn't have the size to be a great player, on defense he can be taken advantage of and he can't finish good enough at the rim either because of it.