1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

A Nostalgic Video Clip of '95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SA Rocket, Mar 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Man that was sweet. It brought back vivid memories and almost a tear to my eye. Dream in his prime, a young Penny... argh, too bad it stopped after the intros. For realz, if you guys have a viewing party of the 95 finals, lemme know. I'll try to fly in (or hitchhike if needs be) all the way from NY.

2. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

rm365...I have Game 4 on videotape here in storage on 58th and 10th if you wanna make a copy...including pregame and all the postgame stuff. Chuckie Brown's mom had very few teeth, I recall.

Curious, for those who have the Phoenix series on DVD/tape... when we were down 1-3, and Drexler was getting IV for flu before game 5, did NBC as much of a fuss about it as they did when Jordan played with a fever a couple years later?

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Tesh did both if I'm correct. Also, I think Tesh did the Chicago Bulls theme music that Ricky the Dragon Steamboat also used as his intro.

4. LFE171

LFE171 Member

MAN!!! that was awesome. I remember I was only 12 when that happened. It's kinda cool to look back what we were watching 10 years ago. I hope Shaq gets his nostalgia by facing us again. 10 years ago he got pwned by Dream, and now hopefully with his new florida team, he'll get owned by Yao.

Man the media would hype that up. Not to mention a coach matchup between brothers. It'd be like the O'Shea brothers in Little Giants. hahaha

5. droxford

droxford Member

email sent. Anxiously look forward to your reply!

-- droxford

6. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

I still have the bits and scraps I have of that Final Series on VHS. I wish I bought the championship video #2 when I had the chance.

I remember late in the 4th quarter of game 4 where Hakeem had the ball on the left hand baseline facing Shaq and he was dribbling the ball as if deciding what he should do....

Hakeem cross-overed Shaq as if he would swoop to the basket, spun baseline and finished with a fadeaway with Shaq all over him to no avail.

He landed only inches inside the 3 point arc and the shot hit nothing but net!!!

Walton had the audacity to call it a bad shot but he can stuff his opinion where the sun don't shine.

That was just basketball poetry.

7. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

Why would anyone be ashamed to learn that?

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If I recall from something I heard on the Dan Patrick show, he started playing it, but then he had something else to do or whatever, so he called his answering machine and started to hum to the tune over his machine.

The Bulls theme is done by the Allan Parsons Project.

This is why the NBA on NBC is way better than ABC.

I hate how every year ABC's NBA on ABC theme is some current hip pop song. NBC's was the same thing everywhere.

Also, it's how they delievered the game. The intro makes the game intriguing. Bob Costas could make me watch paint dry.
    Marv Albert doing play by play doesnt suck either.

NBC>ABC

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

and the bulls did have the best theme.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

No, the theme of the starting lineup of the bulls is a song named sirius written by Alan Parsons and eric woolfson

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

JB has mentioned numerous times that he has an EXTENSIVE Rockets VHS collection. I would love to get some of those puppies on DVDs.

R2K, are there any sites/software you would suggest for learning how to do what you do with video? I'm contemplating getting a DVD burner and don't want to make any more coasters than necessary.

12. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Thanks Mateo. I tried to send you a PM but the functions disabled. 58th and 10th.. nearby Lincoln center right? Nice. Lots of hot chicks around there from what i remember. Let me know when its convenient for me to stop by. Thanks.

13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

NBC did not make a fuss about it because they did not televise the game.

Game 5 was on TNT, not ABC. and it was the 2nd part of a doubleheader as the game started around 9:40 pm. And keep in mind, this was the west semi-finals round, not the NBA Finals when this happened to Clyde.

Another difference was that MJ put in 38 points in his Game 5, while Drexler put in 4 points.

14. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

GREAT, GREAT STUFF!!!!

The NBC intro with the music, feathers of penguin coloring in, music, voice, etc was ALL AWESOME!!

NBC did such a great job of putting feeling into a game with thier different intros going into the pre-game show. Costas was perfect for writing and doing the voice-over for them.

NBC should have basketball again because, as much as I love Beyonce shaking her ass over and over again, I'm getting REAL tired of that one Destiny Child's song being played at every commercial break of every game.

15. X32

X32 Contributing Member

This has already been posted... please lock this thread :p J/K...

Nostalgic Rockets Video

Seriously, though - I love this intro. I get all choked up when I see it... ah good times... Carry on...

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

i wish it was the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Man than intro was so awesome. I'm about to cry. I wish the rocks would get clue and bring back some of that energy.

18. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Just during the into I got all teared up.

Man, what a ride!

19. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Penguins?

It's a Peacock.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

sorry for bumping this old thread, but does anybody have this video that they can up?