1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Nostalgic Video Clip of '95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SA Rocket, Mar 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

I found this on a Magic board. It's NBC's opening and player intros from Game 4 of the 1995 Finals including a short piece with Clyde.

It brought some goose bumps and a big smile to see the high water mark in Rocket history. For this old geezer it was also good to watch the Rockets come out in their classic, clean, REAL Rocket uniforms with the equally simple, but definitely best logo they've ever had. Come on Les, bring back the colors, the uni's, and the logo!

Here's hoping we enjoy moments like these again soon...real soon!

http://www.dragonmkninja.com/MagicFinals.wmv

2. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

thanks for the clip, funny he said if they win they would get the respect of the league. In realty they could have won 10 in a row and still would not have gotten respect. Like I say though, screw the respect just give me the rings.

3. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Thanks for the clip.

I LOVE that "NBA on NBC" theme music. Brings back good memories. I wish ABC would have something like that and maybe also bring back the "Miller Moments". Ahhh how I miss the good old days.

4. SA Rocket

Best quote from the clip:

Costas in the intro(we see clips of the trophy and Rockets players), "As the Rockets slipped toward mediocrity at midseason, a repeat title seemed out of the question. Even after the bold trade for Clyde Drexler, only those in the Rockets' inner circle, believed they were capable of defending their crown.(switch to clips of dejected Shaq and Penny) But now, after a logic defying playoff run of escapes and comebacks, the Orlando Magic are believers, too...just like Utah, Phoenix, and San Antonio."

Aww man, those goose bumps just keep coming. You gotta love it! Just thinking of all those escapes and comebacks that gave this site its name and its members an unbreakable bond.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

you know i love the relationship the rockets have with the magic

first the sweep

then they nicely handwrap t-mac for us :)

6. RareAir

RareAir Member

Speaking of respect........
    I still think that 95 team was one of the best teams in league history...
    That team never gets mentioned along with the greats, I mean they beat 4 teams with 50 or more wins, and Dream mad the "MVP" look like a fool...........
    I miss that team....

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wouldnt mind having that phoenix series on dvd.

8. The_Yoyo

man its a shame that the quality of the video is soo poor, man and now i got soo pumped to see the game too after the line-ups.
    The intro by Costas was great

sigh my fate lies in the hands of an aussie dont let me down mate!

9. SA Rocket

I was ready for the game, too. Anybody know a good source for games from that postseason? I'd love to see those SA games again.

10. The_Yoyo

I know a few people are working on something, just not sure if it will happen there was a problem somewhere in the road just cant remember what it was exactly but i am sure if it still happens everyone on this board will find out by hook or crook

11. droxford

droxford Member

IDEA:

Ya know what would be super-cool?

If we had a get-together (or better yet, several) and watched the old championship games! A Retro Viewing Party!

Stack24 could pick a night when things are slow... I know that somebody on this bbs has the games on tape... And we could watch us sweep the Magic all over again. Watch a young Shaq, a young Penny, and of course.... the DREAM

Now THAT would be a cool thing!

-- droxford

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

^Hell yeah, if I had time I would go for sure!!

13. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

God seriously, that ****ing intro was ****ing badass. I don;t think that the new intro could ever get that way. That intro, seriously, pumped up the players big time, people would yell, and scream, and say "ROOOOOOCCCCCKKKKETTTTS", not this sissy "rockets" the toyota center gathers. I don't know but that intro, to me, was the best of all time in the NBA. Bulls intro would never compare!

14. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

damn, i get hyped up watching that as a rockets fan now. to bad i wasn't into the rockets back then. i long to be able to experience an atmosphere like that in person one day. I would sell my soul to be at a home game where the rockets clinched a championship.

15. omair

omair Contributing Member

that brings back good ol memories...
    best atmosphere for the city during that time

16. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Man...

The Glory Days...

I almost wanna cry.

17. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

That was great. Bring on the playoffs.

18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I miss the old intro they had for the Rockets. That was just energy pumping.

19. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

Yeah, and the best thing is that "Hakeeeeeeem the Dreeeeeeeam Olajuwon" was part of it. I can't believe it's been 10 years.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If you notice, the fans were on their feet well before the intro ever started.... and why wouldn't they be... it was the freaking FINALS.

The same exact intro for a regular season game in 1998 (when the Rockets were struggling, esp. when one of the big 3 was injured) drew a similiar response that I'm seeing now from the TC. Its not the intro people... its the fans.

Honestly, our new intro has potential... but the reason why it seems so lame is because the arena is half-empty at the time, or the fans that are there refuse to get up and cheer.

When the fans decide to go buck-wild as soon as the lights go out... any intro could seem awesome (even the drums). Just wait till the playoffs... or even a second-round game... this city will be on fire rooting for this team.