1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Nostalgic Video Clip of '95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SA Rocket, Mar 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Goosebumps

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

email me

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

JB....dude...dont hold out on me...if you have the tapes from any of the playoff runs from those years...lets get together and let me cap em...then we can get them out after we win the finals this year.
    :D

it has been delayed until after the season I think...with the games being so close together and the bandwidth issues...it wouldbe best to wait unitl aftetr the postseason so that they dont have to be squeexed in between current games

4. JamesC

JamesC Member

Watching the starting line ups brought tears of joy to my eye.
    :D

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Not only that; you realize how hype the music was back then and everyone was into it...Still much better than our starting lineups right now....

6. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

Absolutely agreed on the unis! :) I still have the videos of some of those games and watch them every so often.

7. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Yeah the old intro seems alot better compared to the current one. But like Nick said, its all about the fans. Once the playoffs start and the whole city gets behind this team the new intro wont seem as bad (but it still wont be as good as the old one ;) )

8. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

lol, they played queen/david bowie's 'under pressure' when introducing the orlando magic starting lineup:D

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

and the game before was the infamous "Its a small world after all" being played because of the Disney/Orlando connection.

NBC was like WTF?!?

10. Stack24

I believe the league told them not to play that again...i remember..it was very very funny.

11. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

10 years later....

The history repeats itself.

12. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

That was cool to see. :) Great to hear "Last Train To Transcentral" by the KLF on the starting lineups too. "...otherwise known as the Justified Ancients Of Moo Moo" haha.

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

very good clip!! :cool:

14. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

Man, I wish they had the NBA again on NBC...

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Man I miss the NBA on NBC. I grew up watching double headers every sunday on NBC. Hearing that John Tesh opening song bring back so many memories of the 90's. ABC and ESPN have pretty muched saped the enjoyment out of the NBA and I blame Stern.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Shocked the world. UH style.

17. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I was in Austrailia when Jordon came back and Drexler was traded to the Rockets for Otis Thorpe...(after Maxwell went nuts). I thought, how on earth are they going to win without a power forward. Chucky Brown?

The stumbled into the playoffs, and by that time I was in bangkok, getting up at 5:00 am to find a place to watch the game. Wasn't easy let me tell you. Thai's and Brits weren't interested in basketball. But I got a few Rocket converts while I was out there...

Still, the greatest thing about that run was that no one expected them to do it. All the papers (ok, all i had was USA Today International) wrote the Rockets off. Utah was picked to put an end to the Rockets. The buzz was all about Jordon.

I watched every game every morning, mostly hungover and sweating. Somehow secretly hoping they could pull it off, and even going into orlando, Houston was the underdog, and even midway through that game, down 15 points, they came back and you knew it was done.

Maxwell went nuts, no freakin power forward, how could you not root for this team?

These Rockets are great, but that team was magical.

18. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Man I miss the intro music. They need to bring that music back.

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

For all those who loved that NBA on NBC music, I hope you will not be ashamed to learn that the music was written adn performed by John Tesh

20. Stack24

Are you talking about the little intro when they are talking and it's soft music or do you mean the main theme music for NBA on NBC....the more hard hitting one...

And yeah the intro song by Capella is awesome which we still had it. I downloaded it a long time ago just to hype myself up lol