1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] Patterson assigned to Vipers.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingStevo10, Nov 9, 2010.

1. joesr

joesr Member

any other lottery players assigned to d league?

2. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets have too many young players and not enough minutes for all of them, and they have three more first round picks over the next two seasons, plus their second round picks.

You get to a point where hoarding assets becomes self defeating.

:(

3. rju1986

rju1986 Member

It would be a knock for JT :( (but no use crying over spilt milk). I just hope we can find someone to buy him off from us i.e. for Erika Dampier.. not too thrilled about it (as he may slower than Brad Miller himself), but the first 5 games I believe we needed a shot-blocker. Better yet, in comes J.Hill ;)

4. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Even though DM was high on him, both he and RA said he probably won't break in to any meaningful playing time this entire season.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The rockets should have traded the no.14 pick for two late 1st round picks or early 2nd round picks since Morey seems to be good at drafting rookies from that range.

6. ThaShark316_28

All his fault.

Signed,
    Safety play #26 and #31

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Mwahahaaha, lotto pick sent to D-League. Patterson is the black Hasheem Thabeet!

Bust! Bust! Bust! Where Hayesfan at now?

8. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

It's not like everyone didn't know this was going to happen at the beginning of the year anyway. No surprise. Had he gotten some PT this early in the season that would be a surprise.

9. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Yeah wasn't this stated even before the preseason had started from DM and RA?? WIN NOW, DEVELOP LATER! Nothing new here.. move along.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

How are we winning now? LOL! Anyhow. We should give him playing time and ship off somebody if we have to. Its not like the guys ahead of him are exactly light the world on fire to send him down. I think its totally unnecessary and kind of probably ruins his confidence a little. That might work with Ladnry but not with others. Not every rookie doesnt get pplaying time. Most of them do in fact even on playoff teams. If Chuck Hayes has to get less minutes then Chuck freaking Hayes has to take a back seat to our 14th overall pick in the draft. Thats the way its usually done for 1st round picks VS role players.

11. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Yeah. Kinda like Kareem Jackson?!?!?!

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Beat me to it :p

13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Why? Do you think JT should be getting minutes over Battier/Martin/Budinger/Lee?

14. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

OK. Patterson is "better" than Miller/Jeffries, according to you. Miller/Jeffries are not getting minutes. Who that is currently getting minutes would Patterson supplant in the rotation?

Answer: no one. Because of that, he needs more on-the-job training. He needs to play. That's why he's going to the D-League.

15. rju1986

rju1986 Member

[​IMG]
    JK <font size='16'>''In Morey We Trust''</font>​

1 person likes this.
  16. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Hell no.. please, I love the role players we are already using.

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

be glad I know you are being sarcastic ;)

This is good for Patrick... as I said in the other Patrick thread earlier we just have too many vets to get him time on the court. Some domination time down in the D-league will make for some fun conversations should we ever shed Jared's contract.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Vipers have done some great thing for our young players. No doubt he will make the most of his time down there.

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Patricks is better than some of the players getting minutes. Battier for one. His talent is much better. Athleticism. I would say Brad Miller but thats out of question for Rick Adelman. I honestly dont even know why we draft some guys. Might as well ship guys out who wont get playing time in trades. Stat with Patterson and Jeffries and then throw in Brooks since his contract will expire next season. Boom. You have another trade package of young guys and proven players with expiring contracts.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This move suggests that he has a long way to go in adjusting to the system. Otherwise,he could have gotten some minutes. I hope he will play aggressively on both ends in the D-League.