1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

4 Tier Western Conference team ranking and playoff picture

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fa7999, Jan 26, 2005.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ouch. That is a tough schedule to finish up the season.

Poor Lakers...:D :D :cool:

2. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

YEEaaa!!!!! we are 6th seed in the west.

by the way if we lose one game we might get knocked out of the playoff picture. wow this west is so tough.:eek: i just hope we can beat sac, miami and boston. Lets continue the winning streak baby.

Go Rox

3. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Wow, the Lakers may lose all those games!

4. gowithwind22

gowithwind22 Member

exclude the dal and spurs ,pls

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If Rudy gets the Lakers to the playoffs this year, does that mean this conference got weaker than those years when the Rockets barely missed it?

Pao finally got on the IL with his injured foot. Grizz will be lucky to break .500 in that time.

Clippers are inconsistent, but I think Denver will make a late run with G. Karl.

Rocks will only get better or trade trying.

6. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Anybody look at the Rockets schedule in March?

It is tougher than all the other teams.

Don't count your chickens so fast, they still have to hatch.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yep, we were a 6th seed for awhile then dipped down to the 8th spot before moving back up to the 7th seed.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

March will be brutal, especially since that's the time of year Yao tends to run out of gas. But that being said, February and April aren't so tough and despite January's schedule being fairly difficult, the Rockets are 9-4 so far.

I guess my point is you never know what to expect with this team. :D

9. adai

adai Member

Not as bad as it appears, since many teams could have locked playoff positions at that time.

10. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Yao had his best month last March. His play deteriorated in April.

11. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I cant believe were #6 right now.. I hope our guys can stay focused and put some distance between ourselves and the rest of the pack.

Memphis is hurting w/ Pau and Posey on the IL
    Lakers are hurting w/ Kobe on the IL (crutches)

Minnesota is playing like they have an old backcourt (oh wait they do)

I think we get better and better. At the beginning of the season we knew the West would be a dog fight and might come down to who is luckier in keeping players healthy.

J

12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

No way the Sonics slide, that team is talented. You have to be optimistic about the Rox though, they have beaten SA twice, the Mavs and Sacramento. They are developing a winning attitude and are finding ways to win instead of losing as they were earlier in the season.

13. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Sam Cassel just came back.

We have to beat them next week Friday in Minny. I want that game bad at least since they flukely beat us at home earlier.

14. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

ILMAO :D :D :D

"flukely beat"??? I suddenly need to see Wally Szerbiak being flukley beaten by TMac in a Vivid Pictures exclusive: "The Violation of Wally"... a new high/low in adult entertainment...

...."flukely"... My new favorite word... and "flukely beaten" my new favorite euphemism!!

Thanks Feqwu!!

:)

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Seattle will be a easier opponent in the playoff. Not saying they are not good. That would require us to be 6 or 5 according to the way things going right now.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lakers definitely had easier schedule so far. Also it donest help them Kobe went down when they face weaker teams at home. Those weaker team could be beaten with Kobe, but now Laker is losing. Laker has trouble beating strong teams anyways. Funny thing was LA fans were really pissed off that Lakers was only #6 spot. They havent settled in psot-Shaq reality yet. Kobe, Larma even went out aplogyzing that they should've been better than #6. Just LMAO.