1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NBA Finals: Denver Nuggets vs. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 29, 2023.

?

2023 NBA Finals: Nuggets vs. Heat

Poll closed Jun 2, 2023.
  1. Nuggets in 4

11.1%
  2. Nuggets in 5

32.5%
  3. Nuggets in 6

41.9%
  4. Nuggets in 7

2.6%
  5. Heat in 7

7.7%
  6. Heat in 6

3.4%
  7. Heat in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Heat in 4

0.9%
  1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Alperen Sengun is his own person.
    Alperen learns from Great Players.
    Alperen knows how to use a Crossover, that is by learning from Guards.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

im not jealous. Im happy for Denver and jokic. I was rooting for Denver. Im just saying this as a Houston fan who knows disrespect and what narrative can do to a player. I think Jokic is a legend. He took his legacy in his hands and now he is undeniable. this is everything I wanted for harden.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I actually thought Harden was all about basketball but he loves his partying, honey buns, strippers as much.

Or is it just the flair surrounding rappers and their culture, who knows.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

To be fair Harden would have gotten a ring if the juggernaut Warriors didn't exist. There isn't a team like that in the NBA anymore. But still Denver is Elite and joker is one of the best to ever do it.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

I guess our odds are not that bad because of the Harden rumors? Kind of wild that they have us above Indiana in particular, given how good Haliburton has gotten.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you go back one year, Celtics were the heavy top favorites, they obviously laid an egg.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yes I know, and I agree. However, I also believe if harden didn't allow the refs to get in his head, he could have got passed them with everyone on earth against him. I'm going to die on that hill, idc.

He continued to try and get calls from cheating ass refs instead of switching his game up. They were fouling him on the 3 point line they were fouling him at the cup and he never tried to go middy. Harden's turn around jumper in the lane was ELITE before he completely abandoned the move.

Mike and Harden were whining the whole game and the whole team started whining with him. Rocket were better than the Warriors even without Luc and CP3. GSW had to cheat to win.

I know I have written this a million times, lol

ksny15 and heypartner like this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Beating the refs is so much easier said then done, especially when you’re also the considerable less talented team. Denver, all credit to them was able to do it in these finals, but with normal/fair officiating they likely win in 4 and no game is within 15 points. They were THAT much better, and were able to overcome. They are the exception though, not the rule

10. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

The Nuggets will go back to back, this could be the birth of a dynasty.

eman likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably hanging on a thread of Jamal Murray getting injured or not.

The regular season showed they are susceptible to up and downs and finally they got it together once.

I think they are perennial WCF champions but I feel they can be beaten though.

12. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Denver’s biggest matchup threat is Milwaukee if they can retool around Giannis. Even then, I don’t think the Bucks can go bucket-for-bucket with the Nuggets efficient offense.

Of course injuries can change everything. I sure hope these guys stay healthy, the Nuggets style of play is good for basketball.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The problem is all the younger stars or superstars are not developing as well as one would have predicted 2-3 years ago.

We thought Luka, Trae, Tatum who else, would be invincible by now. We thought wrong.

Tatum sort of did alright and Luka is more of a regular season performer.

Perfect timing for Jokic.

Other than Joker, I do not see an MJ or Lebron James kind of talent in the Playoffs.

Curry and those guys are getting older.

Giannis is sort of a guy who depends on his outside shooters.

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's very strange you have 'Houston only fan' in your profile, whilst you're having a mental breakdown over Harden and putting Butler on a pedestal.

Butler - the guy who told Houston to go F themselves and wanting nothing to do with the Rockets.

15. Downtown Sniper

Meanwhile if Lakers won - LeBron and AD would have countless stories written about how they were one of the greatest duos ever and so amazing and no one could touch them and their brilliance transcends humanity.

slothy420 and Sanctity like this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

I guess to be fair to the NBA, it's 2023 and you've got to do everything possible not to give whitey anything.

Inb4 people say it wasn't about race and Perkin's little cry didn't sway all the woke voters LOL.

raining threes and PeterKingX like this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Celebrating for my boy Ish.

Still got that #13 jersey hanging up in the closet.

Still remember getting tapped on the shoulder at one of the games I was at by an incredulous fan wondering why I'd made a custom jersey order just to have 'Smith' put on the back.

My boy.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

They could only beat teams that they faced, not really their fault that the favorite teams choke.

That being said, Jokic just earned his ticket into the HoF, led his squad to Denver's first ring that alone is a HoF achievement

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Embiid was quite deserving of the MVP award, thinking it was b/c of race is just fked up 4 Embiid

In the end Jokic won the finals mvp and the ring which is always better than the mvp award.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They went berserker and played themselves into bloodlust.

It was domination for sure.

raining threes likes this.